1.3 cylinder head on a 1.0 block

D

danielson

is it possinle. its on a k11 1.0 and i wanted to put a 1.3 cylinder head on it. its a dec '92. please say it can be done. and can you fit 2.0 almera calipers and discs straight on to the front hub, i think i'll have to put 15" alloys on it tho. thanks for your help in advance.

You can do it, but the heads are the same AFAIK.
2l Almera brakes can be fitted, but you will need a 2mm (I htink) spacer and at least 14" wheels - this has many topics on it.

Yea - you can fit the head, pretty sure you'll need to change the ecu. In saying that i'm still running the 1.0ltr ecu with my 1.3 and no problems. Best to get it remapped tho.

With the brakes, 2.0ltr would be overkill, go for the 1.6 Sunny ones. All you'll need is a new bigger washed for the calipers. Also, those are Vented discs so you'll get twice the braking power.

Titch

will i have to do anything wit the master cylinder. and with the head, how much power gain did you get, and wat head gasket did you use

Titch said:
Also, those are Vented discs so you'll get twice the braking power.
Titch

how? i dont belive you can stop in half the distance using vented brakes over standard ones

RIK said:
how? i dont belive you can stop in half the distance using vented brakes over standard ones

Was't really meaning that it'll be exactly twice. But there alot better then the standard ones. :rolleyes:

Anyway, sorry mate i don't have the head changed, i just did the full conversion :)

well i know that it'll fit, but im not sure wether its the combustion chamber is biger or if the valves are. and i cant find any data on the net or on the autodata 2004 cd-rom in work. guttin, would love to do it. oh and lads do you get a load of stick for havin a micra, cos i do. and i try to tell them that its a good little car but the just laugh. shockin

Haha - welcome to the world of having a Micra. when you leave them dead, then we'll see who's laughing!

Anyway i reckon it will fit, but the clearence may have to bo done. Actually - if its the whole head your putting on (cams etc) then it should be fine like :)

lol, yeh, but im not sure wether i'll be able to laugh at them when they got rs turbos, we''ll see. lol. yeh i want to replace the whole head wit the cams. i know they run of the same chains aswell.

titch,,yeah they will be better ,jus how you wrote it made me think

try and fit a whole engine mate :D i think it will be cheaper and easier

As far as I have seen, the combusiton chamber and valves are the same, the only mechanical differences between the 1l and 1.3's are the crank rods and pistons so you may be wasting your time.

and the cam's are meant to be different aswell from what ive read.. you'r probably better off just swapping the cams over rather than the whole head..
Owen

cams are different.. not worth the hasel just swap cams... unless of corse your swaping it because your 1.0 head is Fubard in which case yes it will fit and youll gain some better cams...

rite well cheers fellas, guttin tho. wat else can i do to gain an extra few horse's. wit out it bein majorly expensive. i'm an apprentise on an apprentise wage (£50 a week)

40 delivered would be nice, you should see roughly 10 brake from these, mostly at the top end

The heads and valves are all the same on the cg1.0 and cg1.3 the only difference will be the camshafts so you could just change the cams and leave the head alone, would save alot of time.

rite well. cheers fellas will let you know bout that graig. sounds temptin.

Back