Gsxr 750 cylinder head on cg13 block.

Antony

Ex. Club Member
Been looking more and more interesting.

I need technical specs on both to be honest. Probably get a piston too (same bore as the cg) and a cg and gsxr head gaskets to compare.

But it looks promising.

The head is even chain driven too.

I'm actually excited. The 1997 srad gsxr 750 engine is almost a perfect match to the cg13 in bore, cylinder spacing, length, width, cam gear, etc.

Bit like slapping the BMW 1100 head on the mini a few years back.

Anyone want to be brave?

If it works you'll have a free flowing cylinder head, cam profiles that will allow the engine to produce power at high revs. And valve gear that will allow this. Throttle bodies designed to fit, and I do believe that the pistons will fit too. So high compression, light weight and strong. Ready to be reved...

If it works you'll have a free flowing cylinder head, cam profiles that will allow the engine to produce power at high revs. And valve gear that will allow this. Throttle bodies designed to fit, and I do believe that the pistons will fit too. So high compression, light weight and strong. Ready to be reved...
the bm head on the mini gives good gains because you are replacing a pre-war 8v pushrod design with a crossflow 16v ohc ant.
and the reason the gsxr has 2 x hp/litre of a CG is because it redlines @ about 15k, so pretty pointless fitting it to a CG13 :)

the last time we had our kawasaki zx-10r on the dyno (202bhp at 14,250rpm from 999cc capacity) it made 65bhp at 6800rpm (micra rev limit)..... the point is that a micra block won't hold those revs. the rods and pistons are (for a start) way to heavy and not designed for those revs. the crankshaft is also way too heavy. the block doesnt have adequate cooling for 4X standard 1L power. the gixxer head won't be designed for optimum flow at such low revs. its a great idea, but only if you want to spend 1000s on redesigning a cg block, crank, rods and pistons etc. probably better off making (or getting someone to make) an output converter for a gsx-r750 to micra diff set-up.

but if you're going to that effort, you may aswell put a 'busa turbo set-up in instead and have 400bhp+ for a similar price.!!!!!

i spoke to a bloke with a busa turbo for drag racing. with twin charge coolers he was running 6 second quarter miles with top speeds of 245mph+/ he was running about 650bhp though.

Back