• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Glen's Micra

Glen

Club Member
hi decided to start a blog i bought my micra about 2 1/2 years ago been doing bits and bobs to it but lately started buying parts for it this is how it looked when i first got it.

web20.jpg

101_0122.jpg

101_0119.jpg

web3.jpg

web1.jpg

i have managed to collect a whole march kit for it so i just need to get the time to do the work.

march lights

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

notice the colour coding. I have installed a full march interior upgraded the winder windows to electric.

Ive just bought

IMG_0078.jpg

dvbtbox4.jpg

ab_1_b.jpg

more to come

i have a new engine to go in a march boot and im getting a twin spoiler and a march super s front bumper. I have rear disc axel to go on aswell

i have a solution for that problem which will be revealed soon i got my freeview box for the car today so i got that fitted i hope my screen comes soon.

right i have a dielema i have this space:

IMG_0291.jpg

and i dont know what to put in it i have everything for a 1.6 conversion but after looking at the space im wanting to put something different in but im not sure.

any comments would be apprieciated

looks awesome, very different for when i saw it. i tried to get some folding march mirrors (some on ebay) but i missed the bid >>

i think SR20 would fit nicely into that space ;) tho there is an american website that sells jap spec GA16s some very nice ones on there

some more progress (with help from stani)

how to remove and engine

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

and the engine getting fitted and fitted

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

well ive used a pully before, and we took shortys engine out with two toe ropes round the engine and a big bit of wood to pull it up, But i like the look of the super lean, need to try that one! lol.

shero: yes definitely the easiest way to take an engine out

Seb: you can speak to a few people on here i got mine off 1.3GX

thats a 1.6 engine full mounted all thats left to do is get the custom driveshafts, engine rebuild and connect everything up and thats the conversion finished.

good stuff man, u gunna run it at ussc??? did you have much trouble with the mounts? is it no the gearbox mount that you said caused the most truble?

Hope your runnin at crail, exited to see this! lol. :D

no loads to be done to this yet lots planned 1.6 conversion is easy no need to cut any chassi and im still using the water pump

it will be check and have an engineers certificated it will be regesitered and tax and tested as it isnt a bodge conversion like the rest

Well I hope not!!!
Some unscrupulous people resort to cutting Chassis legs to get the engines fitted.
How have you dealt with the engine mountings and Gear Box mountings as the 1.6 mtg points are different? You cant just weld to the chassis leg as it forms an integral structural part of the mono structure of the vehicle.

Back