• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Zeax's K11

Suppose this'll be where i post updates for anything i do to the red beastie! At the moment its all stock but hoping to change this when funds allow.

My biggest problem at the moment is that the car has a rather large bit of body damage left on the passenger side by the previous owner, so i'm going to have to get this sorted ASAP! Although i won't complain too much, bought it a year ago with 40k on the clock and for £300.

Mods so far, the grills have been darkened (although need repainted, seems stones hitting them don't really agree with the paint) and im in the process of painting the steelies until i can source myself some 15's. Also wanting to de-dump strip once i sort out the damage.

So the good;
11.jpg

14.jpg

13.jpg

The bad; (Damaged side)

12.jpg

Up close ;
Crack32.jpg

FrontDoorSide.jpg

If anyone has any ideas on how i could sort this at home, give me a shout but if not methinks i'm going to have to look for some quotes!

Mod ideas always appreciated, continually lurking for ideas :)

Jon

Would go for secondhand door, its a popular colour.
As for the rear quarter a decent bodyshop should be able to replace/refill the panel. Depends on your budget!

Was thinking secondhand door myself, going to phone the scrappy tommorow and see what i can find. Definately looks like i'm going to have to get some quotes for the panel then! Any rough idea of what i'd be looking at £ wise?

Was poking around the crack to see what i could do with it and the whole 'afflicted' area snapped off. Looks like its been previously repaired using cellulose? Was alot weaker than fibreglass. So todays job has been filling the hole left behind and tommorow ill get some painting done methinks.

Also went a browse round the local scrappy, two micras there - one intact and one crushed although managed to salvage the spoiler off the crushed one ! Somehow the crusher had missed it and instead broke it into two perfectly fitting pieces. Shall get this painted up asap also!

Last layer of filler before i start properly sanding, the black bags my rain prevention device :) It is Scotland afterall. (Ignore the wheeltrim, its temporary until i get time to paint the rear steelies)
BeforeSanding.jpg

Spoiler;
SpoilerTop.jpg

And of course, the lovely (kinda) clean crack.
SpoilerCrack.jpg

Day 2 of car side fixage.

Last coat before lacquer;
Lastcoatofpaint.jpg

FINISHED! I dont think its too bad considering its the first time ive ever fixed bodywork, never mind an area of space so large.
Dont be too harsh on the criticism :laugh: Also need to wash this side as ive got filler and sanding dust everywhere.
SideFixed.jpg

Also managed to finish my steelies;
CarDone1.jpg

Next job will be painting the spoiler but i'm not sure which colour to go - Red or Black?

Back