your favorite japanese car of all time!

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
as above, just intrested to see what peoples favorite jap cars are.

3 cars maximum!! pics aswell if you like :)

right...

mine are:

nissan skyine r32 GTR (in white or black)
201_HKS1993NissanSkylineR32GTR__1.jpg

sdsd.jpg

:D

heres my two favourite

one is a porche 911 turbo other is a lamborghini muricielago

Attachments

• Lamborghini%20Murcielago%201%20-%20800x600.jpg
    Lamborghini%20Murcielago%201%20-%20800x600.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 229
  • porche.jpg
    porche.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 275
Classic car and very advance dfor it's time, yes it's an E-type rip off, but come on...
bb-2000gt.jpg

nope its a kpgc10 GT-R from 1972...

always had a thing for early Datsuns, especially the Z-series and skylines - but anything with that fast-back look - 1973 Falcon and 1972 Capri spring to mind, but as were keeping this Jap here's the KPGC110 GT-R, also from '72...

GT-RC110.jpg

ETA - also got a soft-spot for the CRX (not the Del-Sol though) - isitaboat, i bet a B16 with ITBs sounds awesome!!

got to be the toyota corolla/levin/trueno ae86 gt-s coupe 1.6 rwd standard they run around the 130-150bhp got one in the process of import....plus soon to have my new micra turbo a fresh build .....and last but not least skyline r33 gt-r v-spec midnight purple......oooppppsss already have one in the garage...ae86 be here by end of summer i hope and micra will be built for the summer :)

this my favourite car evo 10. sorry for my previous post i dont know what i was doing lol.

Attachments

• evo10.gif
    evo10.gif
    126.8 KB · Views: 780
Sorry, thought of a couple more too!

Nissan Stagea Estate, they're kooky but so cool!
1586549426_e7639a6ed2.jpg

Can't believe I forgot this one!
nissan-cube034.jpg

Both would be on my potential list if I were ever to have kids! lol

Glanza V
attachment.php

Integra DC5 Type R
attachment.php

Silvia S15
attachment.php

Attachments

• integra-dc5.jpg
    integra-dc5.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,467
  • S15.jpg
    S15.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,623
  • 99GlanzaV4.jpg
    99GlanzaV4.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 769
why, my old BG5 Legacy wagon of course :D

the blue one was mine, a micra replaced it (and my bank balance loved me for it!)

Attachments

• IMG_3465.jpg
    IMG_3465.jpg
    540.2 KB · Views: 795
What was the Legacy like Smidge? I've been looking to get a new motor and I think that it ticks all the boxes - do they go some?

The current Mrs Pete has given me a warning. She currently drives a Jazz (like she stole it), in a few years (when were married and have moved to a slightly bigger house than either of us have got) she wants a fast Japanese car, I showed her a few and she's not overly keen on the R33 or earlier, doesn't like them too big or small (despite being tickled by Ed's ST beating things on the strip) so might have worn her down to an R34 (if we save up) or an RX7, anyone any suggestions? can't be too old and it mustn't look like Mugen/TRD/autech/halfords spewed all over it...

The current Mrs Pete has given me a warning. She currently drives a Jazz (like she stole it), in a few years (when were married and have moved to a slightly bigger house than either of us have got) she wants a fast Japanese car, I showed her a few and she's not overly keen on the R33 or earlier, doesn't like them too big or small (despite being tickled by Ed's ST beating things on the strip) so might have worn her down to an R34 (if we save up) or an RX7, anyone any suggestions? can't be too old and it mustn't look like Mugen/TRD/autech/halfords spewed all over it...

Pete, how about a Supra Twin Turbo?

Ultra reliable, much cheaper to repair/tune than the R34 and very quick cars. Lots of toys as standard too. :)

she does kinda like the look of the supra, but mum's best friend (who is a 70 yr old woman) has one... i'll look into it, cheers Pete

Go for the twin turbo manual....they are very 'square' blocks so when tuned you usually get excellent torque and bhp ratios, i.e. 500bhp offers around 500lbft of torque. I want one for my next car! Tend to do 500bhp on standard internals too I believe, mental build quality.

A tuner I know from Abbey Motorsport (top Skyline tuners) used to own an R32 and now owns a Supra as he prefers them for what they offer. He's offered to work on mine if I ever get one. The Skylines are particularly expensive to fix. i.e. new AWD control box is £4k!

What was the Legacy like Smidge? I've been looking to get a new motor and I think that it ticks all the boxes - do they go some?

I loved it mate! ultra comfy and plenty of room, good subaru build quality and reliability, just don't pay too much for them cause they really are just a tarted up liberty wagon

what alot of the aussie guys do is buy a normal naturally aspirated liberty, then put a WRX motor in it, straight swap and most of the wiring will hook straight up

its more work but works out heaps cheaper and you can spend the savings on good other bits of WRX gear that fits

i only sold it cause i changed jobs and needed to reign in the loan... hence switching to micras :D

Interesting, do they go like the proverbial off a shovel?

I thought about doing the engine swap, but haven't looked into it at all - what do you do about management etc?

Reign in the loan? Then you bought a ST lol

Craig

Interesting, do they go like the proverbial off a shovel?

I thought about doing the engine swap, but haven't looked into it at all - what do you do about management etc?

Reign in the loan? Then you bought a ST lol

Craig

They aren't really fast off the mark, its still just a 2l turbo, but the staging works pretty well apart from the valley of death of power when the 2nd turbo steals some of the exhaust heat and pressure.

nice on the highway though, i also sold it cause driving it to the CBD and back kinda wasn't the best, a small hatchback is heaps better for that

It's a remote control car but it's tamiya, lol.

58144.jpg

And you can't forget this one, lol.

suzuki-1-l.jpg

Gran Turismo metal car.

Back