Time to move your blog

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
Now we have a proper blog system in place, this gives the opportunity to have your own blog for your car in the dedicated blog section.

This guide will take you through how to make your blog about your K10, K11, K12 Micra or any other car you might own.

• Simply click the "Blogs" Tab at the top of screen underneath the "MSC Logo"

• Choose which section you wish to start your blog in, i.e if you own a K10, choose K10 :)

• Over on the right hand side of the screen, you will now see "+ create new post"

• Give your blog post a title, if it's your first entry call it for example "Your Name's 1.2 Super S Micra"

• Create your post exactly the same as you do now on the forum, the options are all the same.
*** You might want to copy and paste your old blog text and images from the old blogs on the forum***

• You have options at the bottom that allow you to you to "preview" or save as a "draft" to edit and publish later.

• You also have options to allow replies to your blogs, select which one you would like to choose.

• Use the "manage attachments" button at the bottom of the page to manually upload from your hardrive if you wish too
When you log into your account each time, the forum knows who you are so when you wish to add to your blog, simply repeat the steps above to add another post to your blog.

When you have moved your blog, post back here, so we can delete it from the old blogs.

Thanks
Kev

Moving mine now.

You can actually click at the bottom left of your existing 'Old Blog' posts and choose the 'Blog this post' option to copy all the text and pics across to the new blog section. :)
Cheers

Not entirely sure If I like the new system, It was good to be able to browse through a persons blog thread rather than all the most recent posts of everyone going into one big 'blog central' section.

Not entirely sure If I like the new system, It was good to be able to browse through a persons blog thread rather than all the most recent posts of everyone going into one big 'blog central' section.

ive made a right mess up starting the new blog section:doh:
i not liking this new blog entry dont understand it. i copy and pasted all in my blog and then when i come to save it, it said only 10 images allowed in the post. i give up.

The idea for the new blogs system is to have each blog title relating to the work you've done to your car. I'll post some examples on my blog soon.

But you can view people's blogs by clicking their name and choosing "View blog posts".

For example, this link shows all Ceirwan's blog entries: http://www.micra.org.uk/blogs/4847-Ceirwan

Attachments

• clickhere.jpg
    clickhere.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 177
Ok well ive "moved" Mine Over Shame I couldnt move all the text etc all in one go but its done so whenever your ready to dispose of it :(

Back