Had an accident

I'm still going through the forums as not been on for a while but glad you're ok. What's the latest with your car? The pics don't work for me. At the end of the day you survived, just as I did when i wrecked Glanza 1, and the price of the car, losing your NCD etc, none of that seems important at the time! I remember though I couldn't touch the car because insurance was involved (they were paying the release fee & storage charges). I bought the car back, stripped it and sent it to the scrappers.

When I claimed on my insurance, I could reinsure Glanza 2 on the same policy as the one I claimed on, so the policy wasn't wasted. I don't think people realise this is an option :)

Hi Arnold, thanks I was lucky to be OK and have pretty much recovered thankfully. Amazed the amount of lives I must have used up :(
Pics are in the 'crashed micras' thread now if you want a look. I paid for the recovery and got the car scrapped. I informed the insurance that the car was damaged and uninsurable so they cancelled the insurance as I have no other vehicle to transfer it to and unlikely for a while. I did get some bits off the car before it went for scrap but there was no way to get inside it so kind of difficult. I am still waiting to hear back from the police officer dealing with the case though.

######! Apparently some subcontractors for the Highways Agency are trying to claim money from my insurers at the time for barrier damage I've been informed. The car never hit any barriers or signage at the time, there were some marks on the grass embankment. The minor debris on the carraigeway I was told was covered by the recovery fees etc. I paid earlier, I specifically asked the Highways representative I spoke to whether there was going to be any other money owed or the possibility of relating to this incident to which I was told no.

I definitely didn't hit anything aside from what I have mentioned and some relatives who did not see the accdient happen but were at the scene quickly as they had gone the other way spoke with the Highways Agency officer at the roadside where they tell me it was said there was no damage to other vehicles, persons or more than the tyre marks on the grass so they could recover items from my vehicle at the roadside. Not sure what to do now, they didn't even contact me just directly contacted that insurer. Spoke with the insurance company and they said they will post me further information. I am happy to deal with them direct to work this out and see what evidence or proof they claim to have of any damage, to which there is likely to be none since I am assured the vehicle didn't hit anything else. Why on earth they bypassed me and went straight to the insurance has me annoyed. The apparent invoice presented was for just over £1400 apparently.

Should I wait for the mail to come from the insurance company or get on the phone to the Highways Agency and ask them what exactly they think they have a claim for?

Phone them straight away or they will chase you for the money for years. Insurance is a #### take, insurance company have maybe made it up?? Ask for photos of the damage and proof it was your car that caused the damage. They could have been damaged before or after you had an accident

Phone them straight away or they will chase you for the money for years. Insurance is a #### take, insurance company have maybe made it up?? Ask for photos of the damage and proof it was your car that caused the damage. They could have been damaged before or after you had an accident

+1

they must prove its your car that did the damage, the insurance company will argue it anyway because they don't want to pay out, but if you agree with them then the highway agency will have to prove it which they cant.

That's just it there was no damage and hasn't been since that I have seen whenever I have been past that junction. The problem that I have got is getting this away from the insurance as I don't want them involved, even if I eventually have to make a further agreement with the Highways Agency myself. I will have to phone them and request more details and proof. Can I actually instruct the insurance to pass the invoice/correspondance on to me to deal with?

Went by today and grabbed a picture of the area and the closest barrier to where I came off. There appears to be nothing changed with the tarmac, no patches or anything in it that may look like it has been changed recently. The barrier on the slip road certainly doesn't look new and my tyre marks on the embankment start a bit after that barrier ends.

Back