Wiring jdm rear lights for twin reverse lamps?

mintyfresh

Ex. Club Member
Is this possible? Had them on my old car but only the n/s reverse light worked, would like to get both working if it's even possible?
Cheers :)

Im pretty sure i just slit the +ve wire into two and ran one to each side:) mine have worked fine for the last couple of years:)

dont have one, imo rear fog lights are more dangerous than good (backed up by the guys at my local MOT centre).
just get a temp one and bolt it to the bumper for the MOT, run the wiring for it down through the tyre well area with a plug so you can unplug the light when you remove it.

My fog worked before on my jdm lights, just want to try and get both working with reverse, will look into it cheers Ed :)

i should imagine you just run a wire over, i have a problem with my relay box, its tripping my front left main beam and high beam out with the fog light, all i have done is run a 2cor cable from the right light plug the left, now both lights work fine and so does my gof light, so i dont see why you couldnt just tap into the revers light and run a wire over to the other :)

Cheers guys :)
My only question would be where do solder the wire after ive spliced into the n/s reverse light wire? On the plug, the red and blue wire comes from the reverse light bulbs, and i had both 'reverse' wires from the JDM plugs soldered to the same colour in the UK loom before and it didn't work still?

can you not cut the ruber off and just wrap it round to see if it works first, if not then you can just tape them back up or shrink wrap them back :\ good luck mate

Ah its given me an idea now! The paint on my fog light has come off and i cant get another bulb :( might just make it into a reverse light aswell! Good idea!

Back