reverse lights (bolero)

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
Got some taillights from japan, was gonna get a bumper with reverse lights but now im not sure, I'd like to change the single filament plugs over to double like the brakelight, then i could use the blinkers as my reverse lights.
Does anybody here recognise these plugs, just trying to save time as i will search the wreckers, hoping they may be the same as other nissan tailights from australian released cars.
I know I havent posted any pics lately, but as soon as i get my black/silver trim painted red I will update my shed thread....thanx

ps would this make them legal, bcause the wiring sequence is diferent i used the plugs out std t/lights(gives u male and female plugs) to make adapters so aussie/pomme t/lights can b replaced easily

Attachments

• 64688.jpg
    64688.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 51

CMF_BeeBoop

» CMF Member
I have Bolero tail lights in my car Rudy so i am very interested to see what you come up with. Does it have to be the double filament bulb though? I was just thinking my brothers have old fords (XT, XY, etc) and they use the blinkers as the reverse lamps. And i'm fairly sure they are just a single filament bulb. I am currently using my hazard lights as my reverse lights lol. Hope you do come on the cruise this Friday we could chat about it then! :)

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
Success

just been 2 wreckers and got plugs, n12 pulsar or ?? pintara fit. 21w/21w bulbs with offset lugs proved a bit harder to find, went to auto electrician and u can get em but had to get box of 10 and had to be ordered. you cant run reverse lights through blinker curcuit just blows fuses

hoping to make it friday???

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
Success again, got rid of adapter leads and rewired the lights themselves leaving my micra wiring unmolested, and the lights now suit any australian micra (plug n play), they have been tested and are OK

now to paint them, my car looks like a circus freak vehicle

Attachments

• 65258.jpg
    65258.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 41

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
Doom WROTE:

"bit of lekky tape might go a long way too :)<BR>(Well done)

yea done that, just showing off the fact it was soldered, painted them up, one looks great, the other had a little frying up, door handles painted, mirrors next, then 4x mudflaps, rear handle, 2x roof joint trims, and custom grill. The bigger pieces (bumpers and spoiler) are to be done in 2pac an will wait till I get access to a spraybooth again. Will do all this and then consider doin mags as well??

Attachments

• 65262.jpg
    65262.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 39
Back