reverse lights for M.O.T.?

bombz4

Ex. Club Member
ive just switched back my rear march lights to standards for the mot but i only have one reverse light working. is this an mot failure? quick response if poss! :p also my rear fog is heavily tinted is it worth swoping the lenses?

Micra's over here only have 1 reverse light anyway, you should be ok so long as it is on near side.

As for the tinting, if it's not bright when illuminated it will fail. Change them, it's cheaper and less hassle for a re-test on something stupid

damn my offside is the one that works and the other doesnt work is this a definate failiure? it means taking lights off my other car!

reverse lights dont come under a mot test they dont get tested you will only get an advisory if it dont work

If one side is working, then the most likely cause is a blown bulb.

Why not buy a new bulb and shove it in?.. less than a quid?

and in the worst case, if its not the bulb then you will have a spare

only a tenner for a whole spare bulb kit

OR best option for the MOT is to take both reverse lights out..

they will not come one when in reverse, but will not affect your mot...

its up to u but i woulf fix em (Im sad like that)

if youre faced with a borderline pass/fail decision on anything... then the tester is allowed to use his or her discression besed on their overall oppinion "How well doed this owner care about routine maintenance?" "Would I let a close friend or member of my fammily drive around in this car after I had awarded a pass"

Back