Wiper blades driving me nuts

I've just changed my blades as they were squeaking but the new oness are still squeaking. I think the blade arms are tight. How can I loosen this?

things to note:
they are bosch rainx (brand new)
i have tried washing the windscreen with white vinegar.
i have tried wiping the blades with an onion!

nothing has worked. i think the arms are to tight against the windscreen causing squeak.

any ideas?

i find that twisting the arm so that the blades sit @ 90 deg to the glass cures it, others blame the shaftwear o_O

i avoid rainX now cos although the effect of watching all those droplets whiz past the windscreen without the wipers on the motorway seemed cool and distracting at the time, it caused my wipers to smear alot compared to a non-treated screen with new clean adjusted wipers

A good thing to do is clean the windscreen with white vinegar, its stinks to high heaven but its good stuff takes of anything that could be contaminating your screen :)

yes i done the white vinegar which didnt seem to do anything. i also tried smearing an onion on the rubber of the blades lol. this didnt work.

im going to try and spray wd40 on the springs of the wiper arms and on the motor to try and loosen it up.

i also think slightly bending the arm might be a good idea so the wiper sits right. im not sure how to do this at 90 degrees to the screen either. you got a pic? would help alot.

thanks for input

Ive thoroughly cleaned the screen, wd40d the spirings etc on the arm, used that rain x stuff and still they're squeaking! I've looked at the blades and they are sitting 90degres on the screen and changing direction etc when they should. What gives!?

I'm also not sure how to get to the motor for the blades in order to spray that too.

Ive thoroughly cleaned the screen, wd40d the spirings etc on the arm, used that rain x stuff and still they're squeaking! I've looked at the blades and they are sitting 90degres on the screen and changing direction etc when they should. What gives!?

I'm also not sure how to get to the motor for the blades in order to spray that too.

To get to the motor you'd need to pop the scuttle pannel at the bottom of the windscreen loose bud, thats wipers off, a little pop screw near the drivers side (if i think right) and a few plastic pop clips. Not a big job but you'll have good access then :)

which town do you live in london? i live in croydon so if you are close then i may come and help you. before i got same problem as you.

Yea jay. That is what i am thinking tho. I replaced standard Micra wipers into bosch aeroblades. It's really comfortable to wipe out

In my rear wiper, it's so squeaking so I need to change from standard into Bosch aeroblade soon

Can get it from euro car parts

Back