Flat beam wiper blades

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtis

Ex. Club Member
These are well recommended by myself....

they replace the standard wipers that are currently on your car with the new stylish flat beam wiper blades.....

these are found on most modern cars and i spotted them on the focus ST so then i wanted some....

I bought mine from demon-tweeks:

http://www.demon-tweeks.com/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=ROAD&pcode=AILSPTX-AWB16

go for size 18" for the K10 and make sure you put in "quantity" of 2 becuase the are packaged seperate on demon tweeks.

But i did find these:

http://www.turborevs.org.uk/Flat Wiper Blades.htm

these are also on ebay sometimes for around £14.

I am thinking of getting some from turborevs due to the demon tweeks ones having "sparco" written in white on them, which makes them stick out to chavs etc......so i don't think there be on my car for that long....lol

Couldnt you mask off the outer area and spray over the sparco bit? Would save some of them pennies for your other experimental ideas!

Believe it or not, but they brought this idea out years and years and years ago, but never caught on. Now it has but it mightl be hard finding a universal set as Bosch & Champion I think have patented everything I know Ring are currently working around trying to sort out a Univeral fit that is okay to use.

But yes this is an excellent replacement for windscreen wipers and if you have some spare cash that your willing to spend willynilly go for it.

£22 for both, minus 10% discount = £19.80. They seem more substantial to the Sparco ones. If you could take a pic of them when you get them we can compare (I'll get one of mine later)

James.

here ya go:

Attachments

• 29112007059.jpg
    29112007059.jpg
    392.5 KB · Views: 204
  • 29112007060.jpg
    29112007060.jpg
    605.5 KB · Views: 241
  • 29112007063.jpg
    29112007063.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 187
  • 29112007061.jpg
    29112007061.jpg
    487.7 KB · Views: 197
I asked someone about these the other day as a replacement for the Valeo ones and they said they're ok at low and high speeds but tend to go wobbly and don't 'wipe' properly in between, anyone else had this problem ?

I tend to think Wipers will last longer if the Screen is kept clean from Insects, tree sap and anything else that sticks.

Valeo are ok i suppose, cheap and cheerful but just need something which will last a bit longer.

How long do these new ones last?

i have had no problems with them, they have wiper clean better than my old ones in really heavy rain at all different speeds....the are better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back