why are my NEW bosch aerotwin wipers squeaking?

why are my NEW bosch aerotwin wipers squeaking?

ive had them about a week so they should have "bedded in" the screen looks pretty clean but they are still squeaking...WHY!!! i have such bad luck with wipers. I've sprayed the spring in the wiper arms to try and loosen up the arms to see if this helps but still no luck

ideas?

Bending the wiper arm to a 90 degree angle to the windscreen with 2 pairs of mole grips sorted mine.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

^^ best way to check is pull the wipers off of the screen and wipe. If it squeeks, linkage, if it dont, blades :D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
i actually tried that, they were squeaking when blade was on windscreen, lifted them off and no squeak. i changed blades umptten times and still got a squeak. i read somwhere on internet to try spraying linkages with wd40 so tried that and hay presto squeak stopped

Mine were squeaking from under the rubber seal where the arms attach. I removed the arms(with difficulty), then popped off the rubber seals. It was all rusty. I then removed the circlip and spacer, cleaned and greased it. Packed grease into the rubber seal and refitted everything. No squeaking. I thought it was the rubbers on the screen as when lifted them it stopped but turned out not to be. Hope this helps.

Back