Wiper blades

Has anyone used or currently use (on their micra) the flat bendy wiper blades that are found on most new cars these days?

My K11 needs new wipers and I'm able to pick up a set of Bosch AeroTwin ones at a pretty decent price (they're actually cheaper) so was just wondering, should I buy them or just the regular ones that fit my car?

A friend told me only to go with the Bosch branded ones cos the cheapy stuff off ebay are crap.

In case anyone's wondering, I have a facelift model that has a plastic wiper at the rear and so cannot get a flat wiper on there.

the cheapo ebay ones were ok for few miles at low speed but then smear as rubber degrades. tried replacing rubber from a nissan wiper too and still rubbish. it was basically too springy so the middle of wiper didn't have much downward pressure therefore just smeared. bending the wiper arm to induce more pressure had no effect. at motorway speeds in rain it became even worse as it skips and completely fails to wipe the middle section of the blade due to uneven pressure.
on new cars with the proper aero blades they are prob tailored for that particular windscreen profile and wiper arm pressure. these cheap generic blades are abit of a gimmick imo.

now using wipers from dealers and they perform just as good for longer and low cost.

Back