Will my cilinders hit the head during this set up?

I am now working at:

CG13DE underblock
CG13DE Crank + CG13DE conrods
CG10DE flat pistons
0,5mm steal head gasket
Cat cams 270 Cams with 8,98mm lift

Head grind (till it's straight, no extra skinning)
onderblock grind (till it's straight, no extra skinning)

is that possible?

i,ve got a similar spec in my red car jeroen (1.3 crank, block and rods, 1.0 pistons, 260/10mm inlet cam and 1mm H/G)
i dont think you get any contact unless you run a LOT of inlet cam advance

i won't run a lot of inlet cam advance Frank.. I also won't use adjustable cam gears or so..
How much HP are you running? just curious..

I will also fit 1.6 injectors, 1.6 trottlebody, 1.0 flywheel and a 1.0 gearbox...
ik wil also need a fuel pressure regulator?

i dont know the hp jeroen, maybe 100 ? with the exhaust mods
and do you mean facelift (post 98) 1.0 f/w and g/box ?
and i think you will need a rising rate adjustable fuel reg with at least 2:1 ratio with those injectors and t/b

Or do it properly and get it mapped so it doesn't run like a sack of ...

@ Frank: I use a pre facelift CG13DE engine with pistons from a facelift CG10DE (coilpack engine) on a pre facelift 1.0 gearbox CG10DE

@ Ed: i know i could better use nistune to map the whole #### but here is my problem..
I am now building a daily Micra with a tuned CG13DE for daily use.. it wil has the specs like above + janspeed exhaust.

When i'm finished i'm going to rebuild my Micra Super S to a fully high performance trackday car fitting a GA16DE NVCT on high specs.
This engine WILL be nistune mapped and wil be running at about 140HP with the set-up i have in mind.

If i also Nistune the CG13DE it will cost me a lot of time/money i'll rather spend to my GA16DE track day Micra

you will probably need a hybrid clutch like this jeroen, if you are using preface f/w and g/box

Attachments

• SDC11681.JPG
    SDC11681.JPG
    266 KB · Views: 630
Then don't fudge it with 1.6 injectors/maf.

People do stuff like this when they don't understand what they are doing. BIGGER IS NOT BETTER. If anything you'd get much better results (but not really refinement) by putting on an adjustable 1:1 regulator and setting it to something like 3.2 base pressure so that it pulled the map down a bit richer over all.. But definitely not strapping stuff on that's looks good on paper but is nonsense in practice.

I have done a lot with the 1.6 you wont get 140 from it without WELL planned and thought out changes. Not bolt on stuff.

flywheel mate :grinning: and the pre face 1.0 clutch is only 160mm dia, and will slip at 100hp + :eek:
(but you can fit a modded 180mm plate)

ofcourse.. flywheel :p
is the CG13 plate bigger than a CG10 plate? or are all plates 160mm dia..
Is a 180mm somewere to order?

the 180mm is the facelift 1.0 and the 1.3 one jeroen, and i had to swap the centre/spline and had to grind one side down to 170mm so that it fitted inside the cover/pressure plate

I have done a lot with the 1.6 you wont get 140 from it without WELL planned and thought out changes. Not bolt on stuff.

I guess you are not wright... the GA16DE NVCT has a variable inlet cam and standard 115HP (15 more than a GA16DE EDM) by the shape of the inlet manifold..
fitting a pacesetter header, 2" exhaust, BOMZ cold air intake, competition pistons, bigger valves, GA16 1995-1999 head + intake, regrinded camshafts, SR20 american trottle body, SR20 injectors and Nistune the additional 25HP is easy to find.. maybe it wil even run more than 140HP Ed..

the 180mm is the facelift 1.0 and the 1.3 one jeroen, and i had to swap the centre/spline and had to grind one side down to 170mm so that it fitted inside the cover/pressure plate

Hmmm, and the CG13 clutch won't fit the pre facelift CG10 f/w? and a facelift f/w, wil it fit a pre facelift CG13?
than i guess i wil just fit a CG13 flywheel with a CG13 sports clutch.. I don't want to downsize my clutch :p

Hmmm, and the CG13 clutch won't fit the pre facelift CG10 f/w? and a facelift f/w, wil it fit a pre facelift CG13?
than i guess i wil just fit a CG13 flywheel with a CG13 sports clutch.. I don't want to downsize my clutch :p
you could re-drill the bigger pcd holes in the flywheel for the 1.3 clutch cover, but the 1.0 thrust bearing is a smaller dia, and it wont locate the diaphragm fingers properly mate :eek:

oke, i understand.. But wil a pre facelift 1.0 box fit a pre facelift CG13 flywheel + CG13 clutch + thrust bearing?

the facelift 1.0 and any 1.3 f/w has a deeper dish mate, so the clutch face and starter ring is further away from the engine :eek: so i think a hybrid clutch is the only option

damn..

So if i have a pre facelift CG13DE with it's standard clutch and flywheel the pre facelift CG10DE gearbox won't fit.....:down:
bummer

I guess you are not wright... the GA16DE NVCT has a variable inlet cam and standard 115HP (15 more than a GA16DE EDM) by the shape of the inlet manifold..
fitting a pacesetter header, 2" exhaust, BOMZ cold air intake, competition pistons, bigger valves, GA16 1995-1999 head + intake, regrinded camshafts, SR20 american trottle body, SR20 injectors and Nistune the additional 25HP is easy to find.. maybe it wil even run more than 140HP Ed..

Its not more power by the shape of the inlet manifold, its the VVT (variable valve timing) of the inlet cam, sure manifold designs and exhaust may be better, but your asking such basic questions and then claiming to know advanced concepts that I'm now under the impression that you have no actual experience here at all. Do you even know if the bigger valves will fit or are even necessary?

I worked with Dave (member here) and we increased the power of his CG13 by 64% without even taking the head of the engine, he now has a UK 1/4 mile NA time that no other K11 from this site is even close. We know where gains are and how to find them without wasting tonnes of money on changing pistons and valves. We also dumped the stock ECU too, since it was incapable of dealing with this setup. FYI so is the European GA16 ecu. in fact you can't even Nistune that ECU, it doesn't even have the port for the daughter board. US ECU's may be fine, but then I'd still dump one of those too, having been there done that and tried it.

But then what do I know?

Ed

Nvct on a ga16 isnt for performance its for emission control. In fact it is commonly removed. The 15hp comes from more aggressive cams, better intake setup, better flowing intake ports, reduced friction due to only having 1 piston compression ring and a sportier ecu tune.

Its easy to say "get big valves and performance pistons" but you wont find em without in depth knowledge of the engine cause there are no off the shelf tuning parts for a ga16

Wanna make 140hp out a ga? Get it ported on the exhaust side, regrind some cams, sr20 throttlebody, header. Exhaust. Intake. Crack the block and get the crank knifed, p29 pistons to ramp up to 12:1 compression ratio and a damn good remap.

Nvct on a ga16 isnt for performance its for emission control. In fact it is commonly removed. The 15hp comes from more aggressive cams, better intake setup, better flowing intake ports, reduced friction due to only having 1 piston compression ring and a sportier ecu tune.

Its easy to say "get big valves and performance pistons" but you wont find em without in depth knowledge of the engine cause there are no off the shelf tuning parts for a ga16

Wanna make 140hp out a ga? Get it ported on the exhaust side, regrind some cams, sr20 throttlebody, header. Exhaust. Intake. Crack the block and get the crank knifed, p29 pistons to ramp up to 12:1 compression ratio and a damn good remap.

That's nothing new and as you say, it is easy to say fit this, fit that etc. I think you'll find that's almost exactly what Jeroen330 said he was going to do.

fitting a pacesetter header, 2" exhaust, BOMZ cold air intake, competition pistons, bigger valves, regrinded camshafts, SR20 american trottle body, SR20 injectors and Nistune

No, not yet...

Why?

you,ll have some fun with those mate :grinning: the coilpack ones are a slipper type design with an oval skirt (left in the pic), so you cant use a power press to fit the wristpins, they have a nice high compression ring tho (no good for tubo, but good for an N/A screamer eh :cool:)

Attachments

• PICT0205.JPG
    PICT0205.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 745
I worked with Dave (member here) and we increased the power of his CG13 by 64% without even taking the head of the engine, he now has a UK 1/4 mile NA time that no other K11 from this site is even close.

Ed

someone on here is .3 secs off that 1/4 mile time :wasntme: (with a single t/b, open diff and lpg too :p)

Hmmm. now the next problem..
I ordered my bearings today, i only need piston rings right now..

I am using the coil pack 1.0 pistons (the ones left on Frank's picture)
Nissan made several types of piston rings for the different CG10DE's..

Frank, do you know wich one i need to have? Ordernumber?

15.7 is good and will be hard to beat but ill give it a go

You'll have a long drive down to POD to attempt that Stani ;)

Also if we reverted back to steel wheels, stock brakes and had a flywheel of similar weight we would run much quicker, (I wont be bothering though), plus we're still on stock compression because the experiment was to hit 100hp/litre on stock compression and block/head.

We'll be aiming for sub 15.5 in March with a few additional improvements in the pipeline, but I'll quit clogging Jeroen330's thread :p

Yes Frank, I did... I know the CG10DE with coil packs is deliverd in the K11 2000-2002..
It produce 60HP with a compression ratio of 9,8:1.. That are also the pistons i have..

When i browse parts at a K11E 2001 or 2002 CG10DE i can find a ordernumber piston rings..
But when you look at the --> engine electricals --> Ignition you see the normal distributor..

Strange not?

Yes Frank, I did... I know the CG10DE with coil packs is deliverd in the K11 2000-2002..
It produce 60HP with a compression ratio of 9,8:1.. That are also the pistons i have..

When i browse parts at a K11E 2001 or 2002 CG10DE i can find a ordernumber piston rings..
But when you look at the --> engine electricals --> Ignition you see the normal distributor..

Strange not?

yeh, the pictures are wrong, but the part numbers should be right (120331F700 ?)

I guess yes..

if i compare the 2001 and 2002 engines the partnumber is both 120331F700... if i compare this with a 1999 CG10DE the partnumber is different...
Thanks for your support! I can order the piston rings aswell!

I guess yes..

if i compare the 2001 and 2002 engines the partnumber is both 120331F700... if i compare this with a 1999 CG10DE the partnumber is different...
Thanks for your support! I can order the piston rings aswell!

np mate :grinning: and they show a distributor and cam sensor on the 1.4 engine too lol :p

the coilpack rings are thinner and very lightweight jeroen, so that and the high ringland and slipper design make the coilpack piistons ideal for a 1.3 N/A screamer eh :cool:

unfortunately my second micra is sold Frank... So i only have to build the GA16 Micra and all the 1.3 tuning bits like Cat cams, high compression pistons and other stuff will be sold..
Any wonder why i can't sell those here? i cannot opena selling topic..

Back