will it rub?

hi guys,
going to get matiz front struts on saturday and do the perch drop, also going to get corsa b rear shocks with cut spring rear set up. Just want to know i have et6 13x7 starmags with 165/65/13 tyres all round and i just want to know do yous think it will rub ? anyone got pictures of cars with perch drop and how low they are? i have an adjustable panhard for the rear so i can bring the wheels in , let me know what yous think! :) heres a pic atm with 2 1/2 coils off rear and 3 1/2 off front

Will probably rub! This is mine on the matiz perch drop and it rubs sometimes
image.jpg

On 14's with 165/60 14 tyres

btw with perch drop do i still use matiz springs or micra and do they stay captive with perch drop?
the matiz springs, you can grind the welds and let the perch drop under the spring pressure if you,re feeling brave :D and yes they,re still captive (which shows how much preload there is !)

you might be bottoming out mate, the bumpstop is integral with the boot eh, and i had to turn the boot inside out and grind half of the bumpstop away
If I take the bumpstops out won't the suspension be able to travel further down making it more likely to rub on bumps in the road?

If I take the bumpstops out won't the suspension be able to travel further down making it more likely to rub on bumps in the road?
the matiz rubber bumpstops are solid rubber eh, and when i hit a deep pothole the leg bottomed out with an almighty bang ! so i ground a load off it and cut slots to soften the impact :)

hi guys,
going to get matiz front struts on saturday and do the perch drop, also going to get corsa b rear shocks with cut spring rear set up. Just want to know i have et6 13x7 starmags with 165/65/13 tyres all round and i just want to know do yous think it will rub ? anyone got pictures of cars with perch drop and how low they are? i have an adjustable panhard for the rear so i can bring the wheels in , let me know what yous think! :) heres a pic atm with 2 1/2 coils off rear and 3 1/2 off front
Consider cut mk2 passat rear springs if you find the cut micra springs are a bit soft like I did, noticeably stiffer and not too expensive to buy new.

yeah im running cut springs but i keep busting rear shocks and the front is very bouncy, plus with the new set up it will pass nct and handle better, got the set up today rear shocks were new ones from corsa b , delighted!

yeah im running cut springs but i keep busting rear shocks and the front is very bouncy, plus with the new set up it will pass nct and handle better, got the set up today rear shocks were new ones from corsa b , delighted!

had a look at 60mm lowering springs?

well i got it all together after a while cut another half coil off rear with corsa shocks, now my problem is the front is way to low and wheels rub and causes rubber burr on arch, do i need to use matiz top mounts or micra? at the moment im using micra spring top hat and micra top mount, is this causing the problem of it being too low?

yes micra topmount finto, you might have to raise the perch a bit, i used some left over corsa big-end shells to raise mine, you.re best not to weld directly to the shock tube ideally (ie, weld the perch to the collar/shells, and weld the collar to the hubmount/bracket)

the car sits the width of an iphone on the front with splitter on, how much would you say i need to raise it? as i welded the perch a finger width off the hub mount bracket? pictures to come waiting for photobucket to load

you cant slide your iphone under the splitter ? :eek: you,ll need to raise it more than a finger width then i guess :)

filled the upper hole and pushed the hub in and i now have enough clearance to run the front starmags :D had to higher as couldnt carry any passengers, will be sorting that out with smaller tyres for the summer as ive a set of winter wheels to go on for nct and winter.. pics to follow tommorow :)

I can get over all speed bumps with 5 people in the car, i had to flip my tow tag as i wore through the writing as i was in dublin for a few days and there was a load of speed bumps which caused it to wear through :( i catch the road sometimes and the odd speed bump but is not bad and i can live with it :)

Back