• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

97 GX `Micra Sham`

Hello,
Some of yous may recognise this car from my project thread, its been dubbed `Micra Sham` by my friends nd it has stuck haha, im using this one as just pictures as i go along to meets and new parts as i feel its at a stage where i can show it to people, also ill be on the road in two weeks.
Spec list:
EXTERIOR
13x7 et6 starmags
Super S bumpers(jap)
Yellow tinted fogs
Jap front plate
Acrylic rear plate
Tinted headlights
Nightbreaker lights
Ultra led parking lights
Tinted indicators
Wrap around spoiler
Colour coded door handles
Colour coded boot pull
Colour coded wing mirrors
De-Rubstripped
De-Sticker boot lid
Early grill
e30 splitter
Purple sick tow tag
D1 spec wheel nuts
Blue dice wheel caps
Team heko wind deflectors
Sun rise petrol cap
Aero wipers

INTERIOR/ICE
Deep dish steering wheel
Short stub hub
Pool ball gearknob
Action sport seat cover
Switch for amp
1001w fusion amp
1000w fusion sub
200w speakers (parcel tray)
Pioneer headunit
Foglight switch
Lower it bitches air freshner

ENGINE/EXHAUST
Exedy racing clutch
De-limited
Full service
ga16de Airbox with new filter
g15 throttle body
Painted rocker cover
De-silenced exhaust

SUSPENSION
3 coils cut springs rear
Matiz front set up with perch drop
Corsa b rear shocks

Few recent pictures..

comparison with 04 grand vitara xl7 with fogs on

Thanks for looking

OP
OP
Finto_GX
recieved my jap pressed plates today ! Didnt like the standard rear pressed plate so left my acrylic plate on. Glued the plate with 2 part epoxy glue! Made up a little bracket which still needs to be painted black. Previous screw holes have a black filler in them and they will be sanded down and sprayed black next week, few pics..

OP
OP
Finto_GX
Bit of an update, Finally have the car on the road wahey! Got a free wheel balance from work as wheel wobbles past 60 :p still wobbles but not as bad. Update on car is few stickers, aero wipers ordered , put pressed rear on but didnt like it so changed back to plastic plate. Got qouted 200 euro for front bumper, passenger door, passenger quarter, bootlid, spoiler, mirrors ,door handles , boot pull/lift . Just have to save for it and also find sr front and rear bumpers and early grill!

OP
OP
Finto_GX
Got a few things done the last few days, bought a pre-facelift early grill for 20 euro,resprayed front rubstrip, got balanced and tracked. Going to get grill colour coded later on with sr bumper but will do for time being. Paint peeled in places on bumper but getting new bumper so will do for time being.

OP
OP
Finto_GX
Been driving this everyday now and have started to treat it to a few things,Got super s bumpers with perfect fogs which i tinted yellow, they work too, de-limited it, and gettin 13x7 et6 starmags monday or tuesday.

OP
OP
Finto_GX
thanks man , its getting there, wheels , more lows, body + bumper and ill be happy for a good while!
painted my calipers and drums red today in preparation for the starmags. Also received my lower it bitches air freshner and low lifestyle sticker in teak colour which suits the car, no photos of calipers yet until i get wheels.

OP
OP
Finto_GX
Big update:D
Had my engine bay acid washed by a mate of mine, and whilst doing that had the exhaust finally welded up. Put his 1.5 efi manifold on the car for the piss take ;) Bumpers going for paint next week,Then got the starmags fitted ! Stretched the 165s on and catches on drivers rear arch due to no panhard rod, which is on the list aswell as blue nuts. Car looks alot cleaner and nicer looking imo! Needs to go lower though :(

Ye have it looking nice man fair play I have a 97 k11 gx aswell I like what you done with the pipe I'm gonna do that meself looks sweet, what's it sound like ?

OP
OP
Finto_GX
cut another half coil all round and closed up the arch gap slightly, really need to get a panhard rod. Brought it to a big facebook euro&jdm meet and got alot of attention and made it onto there page, which is hard to do so, also got to be a teaser for awesomesauce page. Super S bumpers and grill away getting sprayed as we speak too, comments on how nice the car is are endless! em its not too loud i can keep it quiet if i want but it will pop and bang on hard rev. :)

Sweet I'm gonna do it to mine soon looking for a 1.3 engine ATM I got the super s spoiler top(with brake light) an the middle one I'm gonna put them on during the week an then I just need to get it lowered

OP
OP
Finto_GX
yeah sounds sweet when im slowing down im drop the gear and car will go high revs and then i would tap accelerator and exhaust will pop and bang like a min back fire, sounds awesome!:D

OP
OP
Finto_GX
Bought an adjustable panhard ,g15 throttle body and g16 airbox, and have the idea now to start building a little rocket ;) parts plan as follows
have started to gather a few bits to build a quick 1.0,
parts have:
g15 throttle body
De-Limit
Exedy clutch

parts need:
200sx fuel filter
adjustable fuel regulator
g15 pink injectors
magnecor ht leads
denso iridium plugs
De-cat/4-2-1
Ecu re map

Bought an adjustable panhard ,g15 throttle body and g16 airbox, and have the idea now to start building a little rocket ;) parts plan as follows
have started to gather a few bits to build a quick 1.0,
parts have:
g15 throttle body
De-Limit
Exedy clutch

parts need:
200sx fuel filter
adjustable fuel regulator
g15 pink injectors
magnecor ht leads
denso iridium plugs
De-cat/4-2-1
Ecu re map

Sounds like a good plan, but wouldn't it be more beneficial to pick up a 1.3 and then do this list?

OP
OP
Finto_GX
the wheels are 13x7 on 165/65/13 tyres, i will be going for 55s next time round!:) thanks guys lots more to come! Busted my second shock in a week #thisgameainteasy!

OP
OP
Finto_GX
Ive the car on cut springs and standard shocks, 2 1/2 rear 3 1/2 front, i use to rub on right rear so rolled arch, that stopped it, installed adj panhard and started to scrub left rear, rolled that arch and no scrubbing at all. if i had hardened shocks i dont think i would have scrubbed at all before:)

That's grand gonna buy the kit before I put the 1.3 into it :) I'll let you know for definite a day or two before if I'm gonna be at airside hopefully I will be

OP
OP
Finto_GX
nope im still paying money back on wheels so have to wait till thats cleared, if i find a 1.3 ill put it in , but i plan on sr20 in the near future

OP
OP
Finto_GX
update time,
In the last few weeks i have been careless with the car and abused it abit, leading to cracked fogs, cracked rear axle, blown gearbox, bought a 1.3 super s off breihill on here and have been cracking away at swapping a few bits over, stuck the 1.3 in mine with the 1l flywheel and gearbox, de cat, car revs out to 8500 rpm wheel spinning in 3rd its mental haha:thumb: have got two new fogs, two sills, crossmember, built in speaker parcel shelf,black super s clocks,new droplinks, new 165/55/13s tyres, strut brace is going purple..
few pics..

OP
OP
Finto_GX
update:
since my last post ive done:
new fogs
rear control arms
changed rear axle
new brake cylinder rear nearside
x1 rear droplink
x2 front droplinks