Wideband lambda

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
Would a wideband lambda that also produces a simulated narrowband output be ok on the K11 ECU, or would I need a narrowband lambda and a wideband for tuning?

my understanding is that the wideband ones are 0-5v phil, and unsuitable :doh: (but would be ok for monitoring your a/f/r,s tho eh)

Some wideband controllers though can provide a simulated narrowband output. My understanding would be that I could connect this output to the connections that normally connect to a narrowband lambda?

mine does this and was connected up as such, and it did seem to work as youd expect (AFR's were around where they would normally be)...however ive since disconnected it and the ecu now has no lambda monitoring and so far i cant say its causing any issues.

So id reckon yeah you could, is it necessary i cant say :)

sounds like youre doing it similar to the way i have...nothing to do with your original question, but have a seach about linking your wideband direct to the emanage as it lets you log them at the same time, so you dont have to try and remember what was what and where :) (assuming youre trying to map yourself)

mine will be mot'd within next few days (hopefully), so will find out then... :)

that will be good to get it direct, I was thinking of using 2 laptops, one for lambda other for e-manage.

Which wideband are you using? I was looking at the Techedge one.

Also do you use the Greddy MAP sensor?

havent got a map sensor...i think i can get away without one, but still need to test. Ive had it logging wideband and emanage on seperate software on one laptop without probs...but you end up with guess work...so much easier all in one (This is on the emanage blue btw, ultimate would no doubt be very different :) )

Im running the Innovate LC-1 seems pretty good kit :D

havent got a map sensor...i think i can get away without one, but still need to test. Ive had it logging wideband and emanage on seperate software on one laptop without probs...but you end up with guess work...so much easier all in one (This is on the emanage blue btw, ultimate would no doubt be very different :) )

Im running the Innovate LC-1 seems pretty good kit :D

you can conenct the wideband output to the second maf input and log the voltage. This will make it much as easier as the you can use the logs alongside map trace to isolate a cell with a/f values.

Back