Wideband Q

Hi Guys,

I've been looking at a few wideband kits & have narrowed it down to either an AEM or Innovate model.

Im leaning towards the Innovate as it would give me some data tables to have a look at the AFR's against rev's as im keen to get the most out of this carb setup & it would be handy for when the ITB's eventually go on.

This model :http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INNOVATE-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item439c274d93 or http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Innovate-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35b07c5945

thesehave a 5 wire lamba is this still ok to use on a Micra? as i know they are 3 wire am i missing something?

Any advice / experience with different kits is appreciated :)

i think the ecu still needs the stock lambda input paul, and the wideband signal feeds the gauge and data log

Aye so weld the bung in so far down the exhaust as per instructions, the wires from the sensor feeds back to the gauge and theres another set of wires from the gauge for 12v, ign and earth if i remember correctly

Surprisingly easy to fit for something thats so useful

Aye so weld the bung in so far down the exhaust as per instructions, the wires from the sensor feeds back to the gauge and theres another set of wires from the gauge for 12v, ign and earth if i remember correctly

Surprisingly easy to fit for something thats so useful

Id best get practising with the welder then! Sounds nice and straightforward

Cheers Fella

my innovate WB LC-1 controller has a programmable analog output line to feed into the ecu so check if ur controller would have that option

...just checked those ebay items and they both have linear programmable analog outputs so no need to weld a seperate stock o2 sensor

my innovate WB LC-1 controller has a programmable analog output line to feed into the ecu so check if ur controller would have that option

...just checked those ebay items and they both have linear programmable analog outputs so no need to weld a seperate stock o2 sensor

Hi Paul,

Sorry you've lost me there... your saying i can just use the sensor thats with the kit? and theres a plug that goes into the factory loom so the Nissan ECU can read from the new lambda?

Yes, you can use the sensor from the kit :)

The LC-1 has an analogue output, (Analogue output 1), that you can wire directly to the ecu input to simulate the output from the original factory O2 sensor. There's no plug, so it will require direct wiring but it saves running 2 sensors.

If it's any help the LC-1 manual can be found here --> http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/support/manual/LC-1_Manual.pdf

Ahhh (lightbulb goes on above my head)! :)

Thanks Dave, the manuals a good help.. so il be soldering rather than welding

Thats handy as im sure my lambda has seen better days to be honest, see if i can get this setup running the best it can!

I know with the AEM one i have it has both analogue and digital outputs which is handy if you like data logging. Im in the same boat with the bike carbs but i run megajolt, i think when i can find some cheap ITB's i'll be going down that route.

Back