Whats Peoples Long Term Plans For Their Micras?

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
Just curious about this. What is everyones plans for their Micras say over the next year or so.

Mine are sort a decent air intake, coilovers possibly, whiteline kit, sort a dent in bonnet and side door and possibly a respray. Also get the tints sorted and wheels cleaned up.

I plan to get the bodywork finished, and this isn't definite yet but within the next year I would like to have a faster engine, its a choice of 3 at the minute, and hydraulics. ;)

150-175bhp @ the wheels, more subtle styling, widened track, install all the speakers i have sat in my room and smarten the interia up

Make it stable, as in, no rattles, squeeks etc, replace any too rusted parts.

I want people to look and go "thats a tidy micra for it's age" and when people look under the car for them to not be able to see 12-13 years worth of use.

Doing the interior myself, has to be all DIY, so coming on well for full smooth looking buy sanding all the grain out of the plastics.

goldstar0011 said:
Doing the interior myself, has to be all DIY, so coming on well for full smooth looking buy sanding all the grain out of the plastics.

I have done that on mine, lots of work but well worth the effort when it is done. Looks so much better!!! :)

im toying with the idea of selling my micra....or if i decide to keep it finishing it off and doing some light tuning on the engine.

i know what i want but the question is..is it worth it?

micra man said:
I have done that on mine, lots of work but well worth the effort when it is done. Looks so much better!!! :)

100% better, at present I have a drivers side handle smooth and black and a silver passenger side handle (electric window handles) and I thought what the heck was I thinking with the passenger side, scared to touch drivers side now :D

But takes alot of effort and sand paper cause it doesn't like being sanded and puts up a fight, but well worth the effort.

alloys, lowered 35mm, clear tail lights and repeaters put in on saturday, fog lights fitted soon as I get em off micra super s, ibiza splitter fitted to back which im picking up tomorrow front splitter hopefully from paddy, colour coding and still humming and harring about a re-spray. when all thats done and I'v worked up a bit more money I'l start under the bonnet and interior

Lowered 35mm, SR20DE engine, full leather interior, 16" rims, custom made stainless full exhaust, open grille, get rid of all the rust and dents, and a full body respray in pearlecent white.

burn it and claim on insurance?

no seriously, getting rid and getting a k11 sport+, 35mm drop, chrome rims, open mouth grill with chrome meshing, chrome handles, MC rally kit, better exhaust system, clear repeaters, lots of interior work, respray so it all matches and doesnt look as arse as my last modified k11... etc

Keep doing silly little things to it until I can afford a Mini.

Silly little things include suspension upgrades as things wear out, performance mods as I get more capable suspension and brakes (currently i feel my brakes, suspension and engine are all quite nicely matched with each other).

Mabye even try my hand at repainting it, get rid of some dings, etc.

Basically just keeping it as one of the best Super S in australia - only 303 of the super s were ever sold in australia and they've always been in rather high demand.

Yom said:
Basically just keeping it as one of the best Super S in australia - only 303 of the super s were ever sold in australia and they've always been in rather high demand.
Yeah I remember reading that, quite amazing. The K10 Super S had a run of about 500 in the UK and we thought that was rare!

Go faster, corner tighter, stop quicker, all for longer thats my plans :)

importing expensive parts....seems to be my new hoby atm :(

by 20007 i want all the weight loss stuff done.allready got coilovers on order so should be the first to have bucket seats and coilovers on a 160sr :D then ill look into carbonn bonnet and bremoo brakes...2007 ill start with engine mods (big ones)

yellow k11 - totally undecided - either, repair rear bumper and sell without ice.
or make new custom front and back bumpers, change bonnet, repair door cards, tidy everything up, respray.

white wide arch k11 - repair side skirt, tidy up all bodywork, respray, 100bhp-130bhp n/a engine(depending on £££), lightweight bucket seats, coilovers, 16" alloys.

gf's k11 - replace knackered engine, lowered, 14" alloys, smooth bodywork with some custom touches, respray in .... pink lol, black leather interior.

hmmmm looks like a busy little year!

Body Work, Engine work - not a turbo. enjoy the work for a while and start saving for the car i've always wanted - scoobie WRX STi :D

Slow Modifying, Mainly on performance, and a new front bumper when one comes up...

PLUS - In the future maybe fit a turbo depending on price... Any idea's on price??

Get the door, roof and bonnet fixed up & resprayed, she also needs a tiny bit of welding, find a carpet for it, get the suspension sorted out, a nice sounding exhaust and clean it a bit more often!

well i will answer this question when i know-lol

possibilties are to copy davey c from start ie do suspension etc with na setup ready for turbo or buy a starlet, possible almera gti.

maybe jus get somit to tow my car n use it for track days-lol

hell i dont know wat i want

Bodywork smoothed
Full respray in one off colour
Electrics done
s/s work finished
Some more bling
clear rear lights fitted
open end cover sorted
boxing in and some tidying up
new alloys
fit new window rubbers
graphics applied
sponsors logos applied
full install including 5.1 surround sound, xbox 360, a couple of screens, oh and somewhere to put me buns ;)

lol Its been about a fair while now No real benefits in a car anyway when everyone is too close to the source speakers.

Well its a domestic system I'll be using, cheaper, lol, not bothered about the people close to it, i want to attract everyone else who isnt, lol

in a totally none brutal honest as i can be way neil sort the bodywork out before you waste ur money on any of that - the bbq was a bit of a disgrace at the japmeet, i recognise the work thats went into it but if you want it to be taken seriously get it into a bodyshop or something, all i heard was bad comments about it at that jap meet, people though it was a joke as appose to something serious, it was a bit of an embarressment really

thats me being honest

Thats fine mate, already sorted ages ago, will be leaving in a weeks time to go into the hands of one of the best bodyshops in the sunderland area.

Granted we didnt give ourselves enough time to sort it by JAE last year, and considering none of us had any real experience what we achieved was brilliant, hence the reason it was decided that it wouldnt go down to jae. It went to the meet at the stadium cos one of my sponsors was there and they wanted to see it as it was, and wayne was bringing it up that night anyway so it felt fit to take it to get some opinions etc.

I appreciate the time and effort from those who helped get it to the point it is now and help with the ideas, I also appreciate comments about it, negative or positive. I heard nothing bad and I was standing next to it most of the nite, had plenty of questions and positive comments mind.

Ita a one off, and my first main project, ive learnt things about the bbq, and learnt things about me at the same time. But yes, its going to get what it deserves before the final show. Its taken me alot of time to get it to how it is, not just working on it, but sourcing contacts, sponsors, members and companies willing to help and support the project, Ive had maximum support from sponsors, both verbally and financially and this is the reason I want it completing with full quality.

Its been hard to get the enthusiasm back about gettign this project done, but everytime I look at it I cant help but smile

Thats me being honest.......

At some point....strip or sell the Yellow Wide Arch Micra... probably strip...

Finish off engine work my new SR20DE micra - Raceworx's old one... over the summer

When thats all happy and reliable.. im going to MOT the car..

....... then a BIG BIG BIG day for me...

Apply the the wide arch micra gear......if ive kept it.

the body kit.
chassis upgrades..
Rear axel -for discs-
seats.

plus and engine upgrades for the 2.0 ive collected between now and then....

Already have the turbo manifold... he he

etc etc

Should have one of the fastest and best looking micras in the country then..

All aimed for by september ish

then its a gradual change with some D2's ( from raceworx ) and general brake uprating... a roll cage too..

Oh.. Me and DUSK will have a 1.6 micra as of next week and we have BIG plans he he

ive pretty done everything i want 2 do 2 the car now.... keep it for 2 years (end of uni) then sell it... after something alot faster :D

kristian said:

Finish off engine work my new SR20DE micra - Raceworx's old one... over the summer

When thats all happy and reliable.. im going to MOT the car..

....... then a BIG BIG BIG day for me...

Apply the the wide arch micra gear......if ive kept it.

the body kit.
chassis upgrades..
Rear axel -for discs-
seats.

plus and engine upgrades for the 2.0 ive collected between now and then....

Already have the turbo manifold... he he

etc etc

Should have one of the fastest and best looking micras in the country then..

All aimed for by september ish

then its a gradual change with some D2's ( from raceworx ) and general brake uprating... a roll cage too..

Oh.. Me and DUSK will have a 1.6 micra as of next week and we have BIG plans he he

That would be awesome!!! :D

kristian said:

Noooo, sell it to me!!!!!

Right where shall i start lol. Get the kit sprayed and fitted, 35mm springs, sort out little rust patches on driver door, proper ICE install, K&N filter, new dampers, fit new steering wheel, carry on with modding interior, take off remaining bump strip!!!! :wasntme: Maybe full respray, and some Toyo tires. Most of this i want done by JAE so i best get my bum in gear!!!!

Oh and fit the remote central locking/alarm!!!!

How could i forget the full exhaust lol!!!!!

take over the world! aswell as make a micra thats one step better then jo and johns.. as that was my inspiratoin and still is!

Keep my K11 micra up my garden as a spare car, as I've just brought a 1993 pug 106 xsi-100 bhp standard :grinning:

aquire as many turbo parts as posible and save up for a manifold, ecu etc etc.

sort out the broken sunroof, at 55mph i have the worlds biggest micra roof scoop!

sort the ding i have in the bumper, smooth and paint all the interior drissle, i mean gray plastic, (allready started to spray the egg)

posibly get KW to make me some coilovers, compomotive minilights in anthrecite,

short term, fix thethrottle body and clean injectors, change oil, change the rocker cover gasket and paint in red. fix a holein the backbox (hit an animal at 70 and split it open, most of animal is still in there)

oooh, my car is totaly standard and even has the steelies on it, (supposed to have alloys but whadda ya gonna do) and i raced my mates mini cooper S...he lost. i got the car off the clock. wich i thaught was kindof ipressive considering it still has the two cats on it.....

funds permitting i should have my new garrett T2 and intercooler here by the end of the month...

Respray
Remove light dent in bonnet
Fit a clifford A5
Fit remote central locking
Get alloys
Janspeed exhaust
Consider a body kit
May be uprate engine, fuel pump and injectors.
LOTS of ICE - currently working on getting 6x9s in the rear quarters.

Blue neons in footwells which go on when door opens.
Aluminium pedals.

Thats about it for now.

Back