Plans for 2007!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn

Ex. Club Member
As far as i am awear no threads have been started yet, so whats everyones plans for their micras/cars this year?

Mine:
  • Tints
  • Backbox
  • Alloys (may be)

If not then i could be selling up and use the new punto that we have got :down:

Fast Road Cams coming in February
New Exhaust system (from long life exhausts) coming late 1st quarter
Wire up my Dixie Horn :D cheese anyone?
Money permitting a full respray in Orange
Other performance modifications which are secret :D

I'm looking at doing a 2l conversion and a full respray when possible, (probably around summer) that all depends on the cashflow though.

1. do the turbo conversion

2. fit my super 's' spolier with saxo spoiler

3.new alloys

4.finsish the dash off with new switches and quages

5.buy my new cg10 engine and do top secret mods to it hehe!!!!

you lot and your "top secret" modifications... its won't be anything seen or done in the past before, and it doesnt really show club spirit imo.

Glenn said:
Plans for 2007!
Do more stuff to the Almera that you shouldn't do for a car you bought soley as an economical daily driver... GA16DE, manifold, exhaust, GTi interior and exterior, alloys, all that jazz!

I'l either

• Tints
  • Bike Carb Conversion
  • Cam
  • Outlet Manifold & Front pipe

or

• Sell it

• rear tints
  • cat back stainless exhaust system
  • home made rear strut brace
  • bit of engine bay painting
  • paint calipers
  • paint inside of the head lights black
  • and just bits and bobs i buy here and there

5.buy my new cg10 engine and do top secret mods to it hehe!!!!

my guess is cg13de internals or fast road cams :p

you lot and your "top secret" modifications... its won't be anything seen or done in the past before, and it doesnt really show club spirit imo.

if they want to keep it a secret its up to them! i think its a good idea means everyone will still think hmm what are they doing???

as for me im gettin a 1.6 civic coupe soon, so im breaking my micra and selling it!!

My plans are:

- Fit grille when it arrives,
- 25th GTI Anniversary kit,
- Coilovers,
- Recondition diamond cut alloys,
- Smoked headlights,
- A few shiny engine bits,
- And maybe in the future a remap.

This is all for my golf by the way hehe, not a micra. :)

Finishing touches, to the current build. Tax and Insurance in the next month to put some shake down miles on, bed in the new brakes, springs etc.

New Nismo bushes for the rear, front wishbones, Whiteline lower brace still to fit, plus some chassis strengthening.

How things go with the old engine will dictate the chosen path of the spare engine. ECU's and inlet setups are still to be decided and will be revealed when a decision is made.

No surprise to the old skool members, but 2007 will be all about getting the most out of the car :)

Well im hopefully going to get =

lowered
windows tinted
exhaust when i can get it booked in
mit get it resprayed a different colour not sure yet!

Do more stuff to the Almera that you shouldn't do for a car you bought soley as an economical daily driver... GA16DE, manifold, exhaust, GTi interior and exterior, alloys, all that jazz!

why not jus go SR20DE? ;) only joking

i havent got any plans for my mera yet... drinks enough petrol as it is :/

My plans are:

• Fills dents and scratches
  • replace sills, spray + waxoil them
  • Rewires radio properly
  • rebuild door cards with new speakers and electric windows
  • Maybe a sub as well
  • Find and fit a Super-S bumper + March number plate holder
  • Fill rust hole behind dashboard

or if the sills are going to cost too much to repair, then a new car

You still have it? Wow it must be in quite a sorry state now with all its parts stripped...

Yeah I had to keep hold of it whilst I swapped my private registration plates over and had a few problems with getting it wapped with it been SORN'd. All sorted now thogh I think so should be going shortly.

get a car again, but not payin the quoted £1800 on a 1.1 fiesta (may get a K10 tho...) get a good perm job, not an agency, lose a couple stone n get rida this double (sorry trebble!) chin lmao!

Well, almost the same as 2006 lol (only this year hopefully some more time).

• Making a custom inlet manifold + bike carbs
  • Making a custom exhaust manifold
  • Get some lowering springs (and fit them :D )

Last year was disaster, also for micra modding, on this side. So hopefully better luck this year :D

i plan to mutilate Ian's 360 and bury it under the garden

im moving house in three weeks so my money is going on that rather than the car.

oh, and get the fiesta out the garage. lol

get some good figures from my new turbo micra..

oh.. and turbo the 2.0... basically finish everything off on it also..

clean up the mess in the boot of my beast ;)

and get the secret rally car finnished and get the souped 1.4 engine in my car... and make an autograss car with the left over bits and finnish the micra trailer...

suspension, wheels and tyres, turbo, tints, pulsar brakes, nismo graphics (ala nismo S tune skyline) and a few other bits and bobs

Some pretty good plans coming up, just need to hope that alot of them happen, quite a lot of good micras were stripped last year!

Sell my K10 with its noisy gearbox and persuade my dad to sell me his k11 1.3 GSX (rarely gets to go above 30mph so heck he doesnt need it!)

Plan B - buy another banger! Peugeot 205, Skoda Felicia, Fiesta 1.3 (?) - or an Almera if I come into some cash. Try to avoid being ripped off....

Sell my k10 and all parts i have for it.

Find and buy a yellow 1.3 k11, and then the whole works!!! (i hope lol)

modifiy my front grills (like squarepant's), lower it 35mm and some other bits and bobs etc.

I will post up a new thread of my progress for the start of 2007 tomorrow.

It will show pictures of the new mods done over the last few days!

Cheers

Dave

Ok well seen as the last 5 months of 2006 were ruled out do to a couple of reasons im a fair bit behind now.

Looking to do...

• Custom rods/pistons fitted
  • Rebuild 1.3 with new parts
  • Once running well i will be testing different setups to achieve what i want from my car.
  • More suspension goodies to be added.
  • Breaks upgraded
  • Poss new wheels
  • finally finish off the install i started and the custom guage pod.
So there is a lot to be getting on with. wish me luck

Ok well seen as the last 5 months of 2006 were ruled out do to a couple of reasons im a fair bit behind now.

Looking to do...

• Custom rods/pistons fitted
  • Rebuild 1.3 with new parts
  • Once running well i will be testing different setups to achieve what i want from my car.
  • More suspension goodies to be added.
  • Breaks upgraded
  • Poss new wheels
  • finally finish off the install i started and the custom guage pod.
So there is a lot to be getting on with. wish me luck

good luck lolwill look good

For my 160SR:
-Lower it on Eibach Sportline's (should be a 40-50mm drop)
-Rolling road day
-Cusco front strutbrace
-Find a way of engineering rear toe adjustment into the back end!
-Find some stiffer anti-roll bars
-Find a rear strutbrace, preferably one to match the Cusco front one...
-Light smoke tints

In no particular order, although the springs are hopefully being fitted next Saturday...

Not alot, just tidy up my bumper fix and wire fog lights. Might lower it but it all depends on finances at the mo. We'll have to see how we'll my new job goes.

if funds allow 1, gsxr 1100 exhaust can 2, black 14 inch steels with 185/55/14 tyres, 3, lowering springs 4, piggyback ecu 5, tints. might take more than a year though cuz money is verry tight!

*WANTED K11 14 INCH STEEL RIMS (MIDLANDS AREA) NO TYRES NEEDED*
email: [email protected] *cash waiting*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back