what did you do to your micra today ?

don't use copper grease, wd40, oils or any petroleum based lube on rubber seals cos it gets absorbed into the petroleum based rubber making it slowly swell up permenantly over time till it binds & dries up (uneven wear from binding guide pins), which then makes removal & reassembly slightly more difficult next time.

suggest using non petroleum grease like silicone paste or red rubber grease or stuff labelled for rubber

I've been using waterproof grease for mountain bike hubs for ages... Cheap and never given me grief :)

don't use copper grease, wd40, oils or any petroleum based lube on rubber seals cos it gets absorbed into the petroleum based rubber making it slowly swell up permenantly over time till it binds & dries up (uneven wear from binding guide pins), which then makes removal & reassembly slightly more difficult next time.

suggest using non petroleum grease like silicone paste or red rubber grease or stuff labelled for rubber
64bc07252e967a325b5b4caf9d38154e.jpg
36c318e8b071a0cf06e4690528a34900.jpg
yeh redone the caliper today and took copper grease off and used rubber grease so gona bleed it all out now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using waterproof grease for mountain bike hubs for ages... Cheap and never given me grief :)

on metal/metal bits or outer shielding rubber seals the swelling ain't a prob,
the issue is more applicable for any tolerance dependant rubber seals such as rubber o-rings, piston seals, guide pin surrounded by rubber sleeve.
the swollen rubber basically jams tighter against the metal, pushing grease out and increase friction.

if you know that then chap, why you asking lol. you know how to check bearing play dude?
I was asking because it wasn't any play in before I took the hubs off to redo my calipers after I changed it then tighten it up and now I have play in, I also had no shafts in and I didn't feel any play in

Never seen a bearing saved that way but its worth a try I suppose!
Yeh true am sure can be bearings coz there is no shafts holding it and when the jack goes down it wobbles the tyres inner more so bearings I think, I heard u need a press to fit them ?

I finally did it, I just had my driving test, PASSED, with two minors!

Now I can really start to enjoy the Micra! Got so many little plans lined up for it, once I get some time I'll start and get some photos going for you lot!
Just gave it a quick polish before work today, the green comes up lovely I just love this damn thing!

Bought some Hyundai coupe leather seats with red thread stitching. Going to be a right **** on trying to make some custom rails but they were to nice to miss.

Painted my grilles matte black lookin so much better judt need a pair of 2nd gen facelift lights now and a splitter and my front will be complete

Your friendly local mechanic in training -Sploshua

Won these on Yahoo Auction's JP the other day. 16000 Yen or £86. Bargain, just gotta add the few hundred in it costs to ship them over here and pay import fee's and a possible refurbish. Ahh well worth it for a genuine set of SSR Longchamp XR4's! :)
(they are 14x6.5 ET+8 if anyone is wondering)
Micra Wheels.jpg

Attachments

• Micra Wheels2.jpg
    Micra Wheels2.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 255
Hating the dark nights now cant get anything done with working 12 hour shifts.

Got bored last night tho and drilled a Hyundai coupe gear knob out the fitted onto k11 :)
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Washed the Micra yesterday:
12049263_10207802635240997_6270079542131935372_n.jpg

And sprayed the Almera wheels that I bought. Like you can see, after a big wash the wheels where okay but because of the "lead weight" (how to align the wheels, how is it called in English?) there was oxidation on 1 wheel (the one at the back)

2015-10-03 15.21.09.jpg

So I used a sand sponge to rub them up, then primer then wheel spray and they look perfect now!
If you want to do this, to be sure you need 2 cans of each, so for +-£25-30 and patience you have nice looking wheels!

2015-10-24 12.08.25.jpg

2015-10-26 10.07.11.jpg

Washed the Micra yesterday:
View attachment 45592
And sprayed the Almera wheels that I bought. Like you can see, after a big wash the wheels where okay but because of the "lead weight" (how to align the wheels, how is it called in English?) there was oxidation on 1 wheel (the one at the back)

View attachment 45591

So I used a sand sponge to rub them up, then primer then wheel spray and they look perfect now!
If you want to do this, to be sure you need 2 cans of each, so for +-£25-30 and patience you have nice looking wheels!

View attachment 45589

View attachment 45590
Its called balancing, and oxidation Kefke.

Well yesterday I went for a drive as I normally would on a Sunday, but while I was out I got a small stone chip, smaller then the other two on my windscreen, I thought nothing of it, got home and done the rest of the T-cutting and polishing on Wilbur (He looks stunning now, in time for his MOT tomorrow) Woke up this morning in a fairly good mood for a Monday, only to be greeted with this when I went out to go to work
12189614_10207898110601267_5572436744645026370_n.jpg

Some f*****g great big crack in the bottom right hand corner from the stone chip And do you want to know the best part? It's f*****g growing each time I look at it...

This next week is proving to be getting rather crap already, And it's only Monday

I swear if anything else breaks on her this week she's going to be sold because I have had enough of her right now...

For all I hope Wilbur better pass 1st time.. There is no reason for him not to.

Back