what did you do to your micra today ?

Thats cleeeeeeeean
Nah...this is clean :D
DSC_0065_zpsgtbhlgo9.jpg

welding happened, kinda solid again, enough to get through mot, once thats done getting the bacon flaps cut out and k10 front arches welded on the back, also no rear plastics at all

Got the spots fixed on the rally car ready for next weekend, bad earth connection that came loose down rough roads.

Moving seat position for taller navigator.

Welded the snapped backbox on my road car and replaced the tail pipe with 6" of Tony Kart axle while I was at it [HASHTAG]#ricer[/HASHTAG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A question for the K10 crew. Thinking (wanting) to change the standard exhaust manifold as tbh it's a pretty bad design and looks pretty restrictive. Whats out there for a K10, is it possible to modify a 4-2-1 from another car or can you get one for a K10?
Cheers :D

A question for the K10 crew. Thinking (wanting) to change the standard exhaust manifold as tbh it's a pretty bad design and looks pretty restrictive. Whats out there for a K10, is it possible to modify a 4-2-1 from another car or can you get one for a K10?
Cheers :D

Andy Gray, look for bright spark racing on Facebook or h701micra on here, is about to start making 421 manifolds. Keep an eye out

Yay! MOT day today!

There goes another £400....four new tyres, a load of brake hoses, a gaiter and some windscreen wipers....but, yet again, nothing that I've done on Blurple...brakes, headlights, seats and seatbelts all good...no rust at all...

Still, for another year of Blurple, I don't mind...although he does spend most of the year on the drive...

...and, in other news, I had a Doge sticker on the back and some little nutbag's nicked it...ffs...stealing stickers???

Yay! MOT day today!

There goes another £400....four new tyres, a load of brake hoses, a gaiter and some windscreen wipers....but, yet again, nothing that I've done on Blurple...brakes, headlights, seats and seatbelts all good...no rust at all...

Still, for another year of Blurple, I don't mind...although he does spend most of the year on the drive...

...and, in other news, I had a Doge sticker on the back and some little nutbag's nicked it...ffs...stealing stickers???
Somebody stole tyre valve caps last year....honestly dont understand people sometime!

Cold air feed in. Should I wrap the tube in heat deflector stuff to protect it from the heat at the front of the engine or will it be OK?

IMG_20150424_142508408_HDR.jpg

Also I removed this bit of metal beside the radiator where the cold air feed now sits, is this OK or should I put it back on?

IMG_20150424_134805250.jpg

Cold air feed in. Should I wrap the tube in heat deflector stuff to protect it from the heat at the front of the engine or will it be OK?

View attachment 41277

Also I removed this bit of metal beside the radiator where the cold air feed now sits, is this OK or should I put it back on?

View attachment 41278

It's fine without that metal tray, just opens it up for stones to hit the engine but it's very unlikely

View attachment 41277

View attachment 41278
If that tubing is plastic which it looks like it is, id heat wrap it to avoid the heat from the exhaust manifold melting it. Will also help keep the cold air cold

If that tubing is plastic which it looks like it is, id heat wrap it to avoid the heat from the exhaust manifold melting it. Will also help keep the cold air cold

Got it from ram air so it's supposed to be good quality tubing, will heat wrap it anyway just to be safe.

Went for a spin there and you do notice a slight performance increase, quite nippy now. Highly recommended, only 10er for box and 10er for tubing too.

Went for a spin there and you do notice a slight performance increase, quite nippy now. Highly recommended, only 10er for box and 10er for tubing too.

Yeah i got a box and a tube like yours but its too short to reach where you have it so put it down under the battery tray, would love to cut a hole in the bumper and install a trumpet but at the same time really dont want to cut up my bumper haha

Yeah i got a box and a tube like yours but its too short to reach where you have it so put it down under the battery tray, would love to cut a hole in the bumper and install a trumpet but at the same time really dont want to cut up my bumper haha

Look up ram air on eBay, get the 60mm x 1 meter tube, does the job

Picked up all my newly sprayed parts. Not got any pics yet. I have managed to put the door handles back on.
I have to say if you only do one thing to your Micra....colour coded handles is the way forward.
I'll put everything in my blog when I've done.

Found this whilst packing up and getting the rally car ready for Sunday's autosolo....

CDX7YYLWIAIyO03.jpg:large

Luckily in the spares kit I have a spare set of front discs......Now off to fleabay to order a new set of spares....

got the centre silencer and steering wheel on for mot, lowered it again for spring action day tomorrow, made a deal on swapping my wheels for a rover 3.5L v8 and loads of other bits for my dads triumph tr7 thats sat in the garage doing nothing! hopefully now he can get on with that and i can get on with the sunny seeing as hes paying for the welding ;)

Yes, also if you have ODBII then you get a wifi link to get ODBII data up, will be trying that on my MGZR next weekend at Donnington.

Did absolutely nothing to the K10 today (apart from a small drive) but a gotta say i am enjoying the K10 life. I am really quite attached to it. Still bothers me it's beige mind :L

Yes, also if you have ODBII then you get a wifi link to get ODBII data up, will be trying that on my MGZR next weekend at Donnington.
I've got the OBDII wifi link but haven't tried it on dads car yet.. It's a cool app though, shame the video takes up so much memory with all the data

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back