what did you do to your micra today ?

Bought a Pressure washer....
ocj7p.jpg

Found another Micra to park next to
fleflh.jpg

@mas12555 told me a metal gear knob would be cold.... Problem solved.
262nubk.jpg

And spotted this at the petrol station... <3
2rr599j.jpg

Used peanut oil on the plastics, did a great job, thought the oil wouldn't be as messy as using peanut butter, so I guess any old cooking oil will work.

Also got a bee sting aerial from halfords and stuck it on

Attachments

• IMG_20150214_102652483.jpg
    IMG_20150214_102652483.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 343
Picked up my soft top yesterday after waiting for the DVLA to sort the paperwork......only 3 weeks !!!!!
When I work out how to post pictures on my new laptop I'll put up some photos that will surprise y'all, this thing has got features that I never thought a micra would ever have.
The original Japanese owner must have ordered it to spec or something, and been wealthy ! I just wonder if any-one else has ever seen, or had a look over one to see whether they were all built to this spec.

Picked up my soft top yesterday after waiting for the DVLA to sort the paperwork......only 3 weeks !!!!!
When I work out how to post pictures on my new laptop I'll put up some photos that will surprise y'all, this thing has got features that I never thought a micra would ever have.
The original Japanese owner must have ordered it to spec or something, and been wealthy ! I just wonder if any-one else has ever seen, or had a look over one to see whether they were all built to this spec.
Cannot wait to see more of this car, I hope you'll be making a blog!!

Removed the terrible mudflaps and tried to find a suitable place for my subway ring,

Also removed the Shapre boot stickers and just need to finish off removing the glue :)

Went for a more heated drive last night. First time in the lanes in it and it's outstanding!
The grip is unreal and the brakes are loads better than I expected!
Then I threw @fujiwara_ben out in the cold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog update for the red car
TL;DR: Stripped the inside to check the floor for rust, and put the Super S drivers seat in my K11C. Because Kanjo. Or something.

Yesterday ; Removed the Wales Rally GB stickers, finished that last engine bay jobs, tidying up etc....

Today; Removed the rear spring spacers, as back to tarmac settings now, then started her up to warm her up. Started up on the button, no sign of the part-time misfire. Then grabbed some dinner and the went out for a proper test drive, went for a proper thrash and and loads of different driving conditions and no sign of a misfire. So hopefully the issue was to do with the loose rotor arm. Only issue was a loose OSF top mount, quickly did that up with the rattle gun and a run round the block confirmed that the knocking had gone....

Did find some surface rust showing through the white paint in the rear arches though....

Plans for the weekend as the final prep for Bovington Stages are :-

- Strengthen the plumbed in extinguisher mount
- Fit the nav's electric window (wiring mostly done)
- Wash rear arches, treat with Krust and then paint (white)
- Get the car tracked

Yesterday ; Removed the Wales Rally GB stickers, finished that last engine bay jobs, tidying up etc....

Today; Removed the rear spring spacers, as back to tarmac settings now, then started her up to warm her up. Started up on the button, no sign of the part-time misfire. Then grabbed some dinner and the went out for a proper test drive, went for a proper thrash and and loads of different driving conditions and no sign of a misfire. So hopefully the issue was to do with the loose rotor arm. Only issue was a loose OSF top mount, quickly did that up with the rattle gun and a run round the block confirmed that the knocking had gone....

Did find some surface rust showing through the white paint in the rear arches though....

Plans for the weekend as the final prep for Bovington Stages are :-

- Strengthen the plumbed in extinguisher mount
- Fit the nav's electric window (wiring mostly done)
- Wash rear arches, treat with Krust and then paint (white)
- Get the car tracked

Why an electric window for navvy?

Rust is slowly eating mine, going to have to sort it soon :( pain eh

Why an electric window for navvy?

Rust is slowly eating mine, going to have to sort it soon :( pain eh

The cage makes winding the window almost impossible, and some events we do (Targa Rallies) have manned PC's where you have to stop and get a signature from the marshal and carry on, so at these it will make things a LOT quicker. Generally it makes the car a bit nicer for the nav.

The cage makes winding the window almost impossible, and some events we do (Targa Rallies) have manned PC's where you have to stop and get a signature from the marshal and carry on, so at these it will make things a LOT quicker. Generally it makes the car a bit nicer for the nav.
We have the same concern. We are modding the loom and rewiring the motors to have the controls handed to the nav for windows use. Horn as well no doubt.

I have wired it so the nav window have the 'auto' function, the switch is located down between the two seats along with the horn button and extinguisher t-pull.

Went for a more heated drive last night. First time in the lanes in it and it's outstanding!
The grip is unreal and the brakes are loads better than I expected!
Then I threw @fujiwara_ben out in the cold

what you done to her mate?

what so it drives better on the blue car? anything diff?
Nooo it's the same but I just never got to drive the yellow car down lanes or whatever, only on single venue events with plenty of room etc, never on the road. I'm driving down the same lanes as I have been in my road car and it just feels like a WRC car compared hahaha

Just the interior that's all, other than that it's basically the same car!

Ha yeah I know what you mean man. Always a fun comparison when you step out of the daily slow driver
It's fun when I step back in the daily! The pedals feel like clouds, the steering doesn't try and rip my arms off and I can do 60mph and still hear myself think haha

Back