what did you do to your micra today ?

Ha, ha, ha, HAH here's me standing by my new micra, bought her this afternoon. Better than I thought, power hood, power and folding mirrors, multi stack cd player, leccy windows, air-con (with a soft top !!!) and a few others I will find later no doubt.
Also wax oiled, she's perfect underneath, cross-member like the day it was made, taxed and tested 6 months, central locking, 60k only, and ready to roll when it all comes through. Took me about 6 months to track her down and buy her.
She's an R plate when the new number comes through (whatever year that is ?):D
002_zpseb5f1a0c.jpg
Wow!

The Micra enthusiasts Holy Grail!

A ragtop K11, all original, rare as hens teeth!

A future 1990s motoring classic?

Put petrol in the back, yourselfs in the front seats and just enjoy every day out together driving the thing.

That’s what it was built for!

Enjoy!

Wow!

The Micra enthusiasts Holy Grail!

A ragtop K11, all original, rare as hens teeth!

A future 1990s motoring classic?

Put petrol in the back, yourselfs in the front seats and just enjoy every day out together driving the thing.

That’s what it was built for!

Enjoy!
Thanks for that P, the lady did say she was stopped all the time with people wanting to take pictures of it !
OH GAWD ! am I going to be famous ? :eek:

Thanks for that P, the lady did say she was stopped all the time with people wanting to take pictures of it !
OH GAWD ! am I going to be famous ? :eek:

Rare as hen’s teeth as I’ve never seen a convertible K 10 or K 11 in the UK or on Spanish and Greek holiday islands, where it’s more suited to the climate, in the 18 years since I was Micra converted to unpretentious low cost motoring.

Just how rare? Would be interesting to find out how few K 11 convertibles are registered in UK use currently? Yours could become famous as one of the vanishingly very few?

Enjoy it! :)

Did some colour coding... Going to hopefully do the bump strips and mirrors tomorrow if the rain keeps off!
e7fdf814788fa8380c68e52a487653c8.jpg

Oh and that horrible paint that the old number plate ripped off! Got plenty of filler primer here for that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did a bit more painting. Purple is lighter than the pictures, to co-ordinate with my full purple silicone hose kit that's on order :)

Attachments

• IMG_20150123_225832-(1).jpg
    IMG_20150123_225832-(1).jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_20150123_225736.jpg
    IMG_20150123_225736.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 324
Gave it a service, thinking of selling it soon. It was bought for my Mrs to learn to drive but after a few lessons she got bored and decided it wasn't for her so its sat pretty much unused for months as I work away and its used for the odd shopping trip on a Sunday.

Or I might break it as it can't be worth much

Put the Rev counter clocks in the rally car.. No rev counter working.
So wired from coil to the blue and black wire on the clocks but now no spark?

Changed the black plugs and now it's started.
She's been running on the drive every now and then for 3 months so slowly coked up.
She needs a good ragging lol

Thanks for the help though guys!

took out the heater blower resistor and my mate is gonna solder it for me tonight and i should have if back in the next few days

also took the door cards off to get at the speakers, as one side wasnt working. they do not make it easy!!!
spent ages trying to figure out how to get the first one off but second one was quick enough, broke a few of the pin things holding it though

found out that the right side speaker isnt working, so just gonna buy a new set
is it 6" i need to go for? what about depth? also the ones taken out are 4ohm, do the new ones also need to be 4 ohm?
or prefereably can anyone tell me some good ones to go for that ill be able to swap straight out?
not looking to spend too much
thanks

Gave mine a proper wash/detail

Even got out the Collinite!

10945768_10203603369545951_7565291330782788425_n.jpg

Need to sit down with it and plan what the theme is going to be, got some new plates coming so far

Sueded my doorcard....need to do the passenger one tomorrow, and reseal my headlights.
Dunno what to do with the grey bits... might see can I get the material to cover them without creasing too badly

IMAG0205_zpsfr0uszwz.jpg

Sueded my doorcard....need to do the passenger one tomorrow, and reseal my headlights.
Dunno what to do with the grey bits... might see can I get the material to cover them without creasing too badly

IMAG0205_zpsfr0uszwz.jpg
I like this. Keep us updated on what you do with the gray bits! :)

After gearbox No.3 gave up the ghost on my preface March I decided to trade up to a 99 facelift 1.0L :D

Need to swap over a few little bits from the March but couldn't be happier with the Micra. No rust, no knocks or bangs, no gearbox or engine trouble and best of all has a rev counter too, snazzy! :D

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Got bored so sprayed a few more bits as I can't do any more engine work at the minute...

Attachments

• IMG_20150125_150750.jpg
    IMG_20150125_150750.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 313
  • IMG_20150125_150725.jpg
    IMG_20150125_150725.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 289
Sueded the A Pillar Cover and armrest

I'll do the bit below the armrest too, I think it's doable enough...just need to paint the speaker cover the black...Or maybe highlighter yellow or something :p

Put my headlights back in too; painted the insides black and put on the fly eye mesh

Did some bits and bobs.. Clock, nav lights and switch panel all done(minus the spots wiring)
401c7b5d6d0ca938621fcf1b775d459f.jpg

Also Rev counter still not working hahah, sod it the limiter is there for a reason :p

I saw that one on fleabay, hope it is for your sake looked a bit less than mint in my mind, hence me not bidding.

Anyway anyone got one (or up to four) non coil pack injector connector(s), willing to pay for them and postage. Needed for a small project.... :)

I saw that one on fleabay, hope it is for your sake looked a bit less than mint in my mind, hence me not bidding.

Anyway anyone got one (or up to four) non coil pack injector connector(s), willing to pay for them and postage. Needed for a small project.... :)

Meh, he seems genuine, offered to leave it in the car till I arrived to show it running. But I cba to wait around whilst it's removed so told him to remove it.
If it's naff, I lost £86. If it's good, then I've saved spending £400 on one from from Matt Humphries.

bought a couple of pioneer speakers for the front doors, fitted them and they sound a lot better,

thinking of picking up a cheap radio with aux or usb, are most of these standard fit?

was also gonna change the aerial to one of those bee sting but i couldnt get it off, should it just twist off or what? (2001 k11 sport)

bought a couple of pioneer speakers for the front doors, fitted them and they sound a lot better,

thinking of picking up a cheap radio with aux or usb, are most of these standard fit?

was also gonna change the aerial to one of those bee sting but i couldnt get it off, should it just twist off or what? (2001 k11 sport)
There's a nut under the head lining mate,

Justs unscrews, I needed a bit of wd40 and a vice grips to get mine off!

Back