what did you do to your micra today ?

Went to watch a rally, rally was boring... So I went for a look at an old mental asylum instead.
b2ede1536dc5bc2f3208a80d4d4bcc57.jpg

35540f3e6cb1a9c8c5f97bf9d45a9e48.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went round both cars and did the door rubbers and sunroof with this stuff to try and preserve the old slightly hardened rubbers esp round the sunroof:

holts-rubber-and-nylon-lubricant-hi.jpg

Decided that I'm getting annoyed with coins and things sliding about so hope this might help. Slightly velvety craft paper the other 1/2 was binning in the tray under the steering wheel:

Did tyre pressures (all a couple of psi down, and spare almost flat) water, oil checks on both cars.

Cleaned up electrical contact of o/s headlight where previous owner has put 3 spade terminals in place of the proper plug on to the headlight bulb and I've been loosing the dip beam recently :( One thing I noticed which is a nice touch, or a fault, is when the dip beam goes off the High Beam warning light on the dash comes on - this might be the wiring fault earthing back through the main beam though?!

Just used my first tank of fuel and averaged just shy of 42 mpg; 2/3 short trips in and around town (which is what I wanted it for) and about a 1/3 m-way so quite happy with that :) As it had no service history I do reckon it could do with new plugs, leads, and dissy cap and might get a few more (I've done oil & filter + air filter), and ditch my heavy boots :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just finished my first banded steel, one more to go...

How did you go about cutting it normal to the wheel rotation axis? MIG welded?
I was considering doing my own but i only have an arc welder, 4.5" grinder and no rollers so i don't think it's possible to do a tidy enough job with that:(

9" grinder in a cutting jig I made, you can use a 4.5" no problem. I used mig, arc will be fine, use whatever you're most confident with getting a good air tight and strong weld. Welding the outer rim on was easy, welding it back on to the centre was an arse, you can't get in to clean all the crap out of the wheel leading to contamination, that's where your arc welder might be better! Give it a go mate.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415052769765.JPG
    uploadfromtaptalk1415052769765.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 277
Going to endure the weather outside and go out now and put my roll bar back on with its new bushes. And fit my new brake bulbs. Then its simply a waiting game waiting for my new master brake cylinder to arrive this week :p. Last few bits for the mot. And my satisfaction ofc :p. I aint half spoilt this car recently but im keeping her so shes worth it.

WDIDT ? a bit of progress on the electric s/c :)
the electronic speed control finally arrived, so tested the k10 alternator (converted to a brushless motor)

and gonna try a k11 alternator with permanent magnets (instead of the copper windings) on the rotor next :)

PB010265.JPG

Might sound strange but iv had an x reg 1.8 zetec focus and endura 1.8 tdi focus, a 1.4 zetec fiesta newer shape and a my last car was a 2.2 dti vectra 55 plate running at 160hp and out of them all I love the micra best...for reasons known and unknown. The fuel economy extreme ease of repair and cheapness to fix being some. Also I just dont feel the need these days to have a fast car on uk cctv roads.

Back