what did you do to your micra today ?

went to cheddar meet, was crap so cruised home, @Enuo and the others were gawping at how low my micra is compared to the others, and loling at my flat anti roll bar hahah
1402863015007.jpg

Yeah, theres just about an inch between the sump and the ground!

look at the angle of the trackrod ! bumpsteer anyone ?

and +ve camber during braking & turning to scrub more outer treads? although at that ride height ur prob resting on the bumpstops with zero suspension travel to barely induce any camber changes at all.

Had the great idea of using my suction cup phone mount on my sunroof as an incar camera... Didn't work very well on the first attempt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sunroof glass ain't ideal cos it's got that black chequered bumpy finish, which lets air leak past & lose vacuum.

best use em on smooth clean surfaces like windscreen, side windows, rear screen, body panels

sunroof glass ain't ideal cos it's got that black chequered bumpy finish, which lets air leak past & lose vacuum.

best use em on smooth clean surfaces like windscreen, side windows, rear screen, body panels

Yeah I know, I only remembered that once I almost destroyed my phone! The GoPro mount holds well on the sunroof :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought you didn't get enough respect in your micra? You were going to upgrade? What you getting

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

gotta wait until next christmas time to upgrade! 2 years no claims to play with if i dont doss by then and a year and halfish to save up for something!

Taxed and insured now, insurance worse than I thought as sky wouldnt insure me so webt with comparison site got it down to 2.5k plus a bit for paying monthly :(
But tax went better, I never sent the tax disc back so I just rang em up to see if I could actually unsorn it and use that and she said yes and then did it took longer to get through than it did to do it lol and didnt even take that long to get throuh, :) a nice suprise from dvla for a change :p just got to put engine in now and pray she works but now at least I know I can drive if I finish after insurance places and post office or dvla are closed :p

My first year was £400.. wanted £800 for my 2nd year... logic... and I never paid more than "450 a year since... everytime it goes down.. I add even more modifications

I removed some of the stickers from my car as it was looking a bit untidy. Also got my wind deflectors today (the correct ones this time!), so will be fitting those shortly.

looks like she's in good nick! :D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Looks ok to me. Bit of rust here n there but nothing I cant deal with :)

Please tell me you have plans that border on insanity for this thing.
Haha... once Nissanubaru is complete. This will have something a tad weird done somehow... independent rear suspension is the first thing going on it... but unlike my other cars... this will probably be sold once I've finished with it

So I made a decision... Some will hate it... Some will love it... Others will jump to conclusions... Others will simply ask why
BUT
I got a K11

... independent rear suspension is the first thing going on it... but unlike my other cars... this will probably be sold once I've finished with it

IRS -> RWD?

Edit: That would be the junmping to conclusions you mentioned...

Haha... once Nissanubaru is complete. This will have something a tad weird done somehow... independent rear suspension is the first thing going on it... but unlike my other cars... this will probably be sold once I've finished with it

rat rod! rust everywhere, wheels that are higher than the body and a roof chop!

Please tell me if you make it independent rear your going to be selling a kit!!!
First dibs! I'll drive up to BSR and you can assist fitting obviously... ;)

But... But... What?!
You detest them :p I'm calling first dibs whatever happens.
Well the K11 is simply more popular these days and to fund the family dinner table I have to look into developing parts for the more popular car
IRS -> RWD?

Edit: That would be the junmping to conclusions you mentioned...
The jumping to conclusions was aimed at the people that might think I'd been converted... I haven't... K10 is KING..
Though don't rule out RWD just incase
rat rod! rust everywhere, wheels that are higher than the body and a roof chop!
Its been mentioned something of the "lowest K11 ever"
Aww, but I wanted my car to be your development mule :(
It still can be.. I wont be driving it to test parts.. me.. drive a K11... madness
Please tell me if you make it independent rear your going to be selling a kit!!!
First dibs! I'll drive up to BSR and you can assist fitting obviously... ;)
I shall do indeed to replace the god awful rear beam currently residing on K11s
Nice to see you slowly moving with the times!
Staying Old Skool init...
Well...... there's hope for you yet :p xx
Haha... we've been through this.. I'm beyond help

Independant rear suspension is interesting. How do you plan to do? I already think about it, with a rear subframe taking the oem fixation points.

Waiting for this !

Discovered that 75kg of topsoil makes much good lows...
Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro1_205 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• Aviary Photo_130474161019658220.jpg
    Aviary Photo_130474161019658220.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 235
Independant rear suspension is interesting. How do you plan to do? I already think about it, with a rear subframe taking the oem fixation points.

Waiting for this !
I'm trying to avoid a rear subframe as it'll require modifications to the shell and as a kit form for the home mechanic that's out of the question.

Using only the 4 link points given by the shell in the form of potentially to custom made wishbones to accomodate proper coilover suspension and adjustability of toe and camber. Subsequently eliminating the use of a panhard rod and axle shift permanently :D

I'll not be able to reveal too much. It's a personal project for someone on here. Once they give the go-ahead I'm sure there'll be a thread or something explaining the design and use etc

Last edited:
Back