what did you do to your micra today ?

Photo Shoot
DSC05453.jpg
DSC05455.jpg
DSC05456.jpg
DSC05454.jpg
DSC05457.jpg

Retightened a jubilee clip in coolant system and retightened a gearbox mount bolt. Niggly issues but still running sweet :)

So decided to tackle some body work today. It's taken me 3 hours to sand down and fill a spot of rust that's just slightly bigger than a £2 coin. I'm so glad I chose the mechanical side of the trade!!

So decided to tackle some body work today. It's taken me 3 hours to sand down and fill a spot of rust that's just slightly bigger than a £2 coin. I'm so glad I chose the mechanical side of the trade!!
I have a few patches to do myself am dreading it. Give me a spanner any day but body work I have no clue! Haha

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Much better, now just need to stick the meters over the top :p
Can cut out the meters, no problem now I have a pro circle cutter. Just depends how much of the sticker bomb face you want showing.....more...... or less, its a personal choice. Can't mess about to much as you only get one from each sheet.

@davyboy

Hey buddy. when you put the needles back on did you put em on? don't wanna put em on and have indicated 100 at idle :p
The needles go back on no problem and seem to work fine, I can cut out the face so the needles can stay on and the face fits over them. But, when doing it this way the cut outs are much larger...obviously. It also depends on what material you use whether you can do it that way or not, it needs to be flexible to do it this way. Make sure you put them back on in the same position that you took them off.

Hoiked out the front seats and vacuumed the extremely knackered carpets. Wished I could find a half decent drivers seat to replace the "Metal Poking Through The Cushioning" effect seat I have now. :/

I was gonna get a sticker done, only problem is micras dials light up from back, gonna tear my old dials apart see if theres a better way of doing it :p

Ok so basically, I opened em up and peeled off the display sticker and its gonna be a right PITA to get what I want :p.

Ill try get some picture later haha

I was gonna get a sticker done, only problem is micras dials light up from back, gonna tear my old dials apart see if theres a better way of doing it :p
No need M, they light up as normal with no problems, as long as the cut-outs are in exactly,( and I mean exactly) the right position.
That's been the bug bear all along, but the templates I have made take care of spotting the lighting problem.

Do the speedo numbers and revcounter light up ok though?.

I see how you've done it but I don't want to have the big green/black line where you've cut the backround out of the dials coming through, I want them as if they came factory white background red numbers/counters

Do the speedo numbers and revcounter light up ok though?.

I see how you've done it but I don't want to have the big green/black line where you've cut the backround out of the dials coming through, I want them as if they came factory white background red numbers/counters
My first speedo showed the numbers only cut out, and they lit up OK. I've moved on from the first one quite a bit. Have now got the correct cuuting gear and templates to make a pretty good job of it...if I say so myself.
Out of interest, put a piccy up of your speedo bud.

Last edited:
Back