what did you do to your micra today ?

14vu1ky.jpg

This is what I did today, pics and such to follow in my thread :)

come on guy,s, this thread is boring without pics ;)
WDIDT ? fitted, balanced and tested the winter tyres :) sharp tread still, so very grippy on these wet roads, will update when "scrubbed in" :D
gonna fit the front tyres to the wider rims at a later date, then swap front to rear
100 miles later and the tyremould flashings are still there look ! the dry road hard cornering has suffered a bit, (i guess its those chunky teeth around the edge)
but the straighline forward traction grip levels in todays heavy rain were amazing ! (so far) its like having a helical lsd :)
and there is a slight "landrover" whine/tyre-roar @ 70 mph, but its only audible with the drivers window down

PC130212.JPG

Wdidt: test fitted my turbo manifold :) Just a few bits and bobs need sledge hammering out the way and we'll be golden :D

IMG_20131214_160458_zpsv0kiyece.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I drove to the garden centre following my Mum in the Subaru. We found a tree, bought a tree, and then we found that the tree wouldn't fit in the Subie.
TADAAAA The ever practical Nissan (MCM, anyone?) to the rescue!

1512322_374231076054418_1090942837_n.jpg

1468537_374231106054415_1004942982_n.jpg

I've cut mine exactly the same lol

Havnt taken it any further yet, looking like the turbo will sit a bit too low tho.

What you think?

Well it does sit very low. But I can't actually see any bad reason with that. I'm deffo going to have to move the rad forward. But the turbo seems to clear everything else and is above the sump :)

Well it does sit very low. But I can't actually see any bad reason with that. I'm deffo going to have to move the rad forward. But the turbo seems to clear everything else and is above the sump :)

there wont be a lot of drop from the oil outlet to the top of the oil level in the sump eh guys

there wont be a lot of drop from the oil outlet to the top of the oil level in the sump eh guys
More height doesn't mean more gravity though (if you want to get REALLY pedantic it means less lol), so I don't see how that becomes an issue?

Doesn't the oil pump help with the return though? I can't imagine the oil pressure drops to zero the moment the oil reaches the turbo bearings?

That's kinda what I was thinking? But you never know?

And its going in my beaten up k11 to start off with and then I'll decide. The high comp 1.3 was meant for the K10 :D

mine,s about half this flow andy, my cams have been showing some wear on the far end journal (the very last supply in the oil galleries) and even a 1mm restrictor hole was too big

Measured 1.0l/m from a 2mm restrictor, closest we could get to what the turbo called for... height might be less important with higher flow rates?

the ball bearing turbo,s are supposed to run a 1mm restrictor eh, but i,ve been running even less flow than that for the last few months :)
my priority is biased towards the engine oil supply, turbo,s cost me £40, and take a few minutes to change, this current GTO turbo was checked for shaft play last week, and there was none at all :)

Well I have all my dash lights hazards etc working, new fuel pump primed nicely. Slight whiff of petrol (feed is currently just blocked with a screw driver insert and was damp) guessing it came from there. I had a slight hiccup with a relay I had forgotten to remove, hazards flash and rear wiper would move an inch... :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

First mod to the little k11

SYYTWKQ.jpg

Reqired a little filing of the bulb holes as the terminals on the T5's wouldnt quite fit (tried forcing the first one and it just broke :()

my dad left my car open, with the key sat on the seat and the door not shut properly all day so the light was on too, lucky i had a new battery in it not long ago or it would of been dead, the old bastards getting old!

....didn't do anything to my micra...still haven't washed her yet ^_^
She's less 50 shades of White....more....beige....again *facepalm*

....did bid on another set of my wheels...didn't win them...what a shock LOL

Back