what did you do to your micra today ?

weight or cost karl ? steam cleaned all the shutz/oil mix off the axle area today, that i sprayed all over the underside a couple of years ago.
here,s me lifting 1 rear corner, when i,m finished i,ll be able to lift the whole arse-end up :D

Thats gotta be pretty light already, mines proper hefty to lift! What you taken off?

...another fine day...and another day off work...Re-masked, Re-wiped, Re-tacked and top coat sprayed... Knackered :rolleyes:
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/Car/DSC00132.jpg

Still not a perfect finish... :(
(I can see where the marks were at certain angles still <_<)
...but at least you can't see the bare metal anymore! LOL :p

Eta:
Before: http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/Car/DSC00111.jpg
After: http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/Car/DSC00133.jpg

Before: http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/Car/DSC00109.jpg
After: http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/Car/DSC00135.jpg

Before: http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/Car/DSC00112.jpg
After: http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/Car/DSC00134.jpg

Gonna wait for the paint to cure proper (and settle) for a couple of weeks before I get at it with the 2500 Wet & dry, my brother says he's gonna borrow the industrial buffer from his work...funny he wants to help now it's done but wouldn't help with the painting part even though he's got a qualification in vehicle body repair and paint ...What a ...you know what <_<

frank said:
weight or cost karl ? steam cleaned all the shutz/oil mix off the axle area today, that i sprayed all over the underside a couple of years ago.
here,s me lifting 1 rear corner, when i,m finished i,ll be able to lift the whole arse-end up :D

YouTube Video

Both weight and cost

With my whole rear stripped it takes 1 to lift a corner on mine too mad low weight at the rear eh

Wdid : Fitted my Peter Lloyd system today well happy with it love the low end note.

Fitted heko wind deflectors and an earthing kit in the engine bay. Some rust to combat next and some final tweaks to the audio and them maybe a few cosmetic changes...

Sent from my  iPhone® using Tapatalk

51675a93-cb7b-5842.jpg
51675a93-cb89-503e.jpg
51675a93-cba9-4403.jpg

Valeted inside by a professional...he does Ferrari's and such. G3 compound the cat and build up polish and carnuba wax.

Tfr'd the engine bay and scrubbed it proper. Coated and treated for rust proofing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

r-reg -from the frying pan to dish- saga.
blazing weather errrrr nearly, hot boy love it,,,,, ,so decided to do the garage rounds in wembley and nw10 areas.
after 1mph in it passed 50 odd and getting dish love one boy chase me down the alley in awe at the wheels.nuff said :).
if it was on, too many orders for these.
20120724_190122.jpg

swapped in the slx steering colum.
now have a good ignition barrel key coresponding nats airbag and horn works again phew mot in november

I finally got around to sorting me rear washer out. The hose was blocked when I bought the car so I had to cut a section out which the made it too small to travel through the boot lid, so it's been dandling down for a year, bugging me every time I look in the rear view mirror or see the car from behind... Thanks to Hoopdub for the new hoses! ;)

Also re-aligned front washer jets, one of which was blocked... Emptying the entire, freshly filled screen wash reservoir in the process!

Been toying with getting a set of air horns or something as mine sound poop, so went under the bonnet and disconnected them and cleaned up the contacts with some wire wool till hey were all shiney and coppery again. Sound great now, proper loud! Tested them just as an unsuspecting old gent minding his own business walked past my drive... His pants were duly shat in the process... :)

Annoyingly...nothing <_<
Went to the scrappy for some new heater control dials/knobs but the only K12 he had was the 07 Spirita me and my dad stripped nearly a year ago *facepalm*

stupidly called Nissan....'cause you never know ^_^

...£17.50+vat

....EACH!!!!!
The guy even suggested buying the whole unit second hand
(I've been quoted £45+vat) ....because it would be cheaper... really? o_O no kidding...

I got 2 of the dials (wrong colour) off that spirita last year for about £3.50,
of course though, the 3rd (which at the time we didn't have pliars to get it off) was gone now

Just keep looking LOL

Adjusted my handbrake as the handbrake lever was vertical and still not holding! :rolleyes: Thank you so much Nissan for your marvellous self adjusters, so called because you have to adjust them yourSELF! :D

Annoyingly...nothing <_<
Went to the scrappy for some new heater control dials/knobs but the only K12 he had was the 07 Spirita me and my dad stripped nearly a year ago *facepalm*

stupidly called Nissan....'cause you never know ^_^

...£17.50+vat

....EACH!!!!!
The guy even suggested buying the whole unit second hand
(I've been quoted £45+vat) ....because it would be cheaper... really? o_O no kidding...

I got 2 of the dials (wrong colour) off that spirita last year for about £3.50,
of course though, the 3rd (which at the time we didn't have pliars to get it off) was gone now

Just keep looking LOL

euro carparts? or andrew page. euro carparts tend to be cheaper.

Do they do stuff like that?....I'll have to have a look or give them a call :p

Thankyou Tom ;)

ETA: 15:23

Just dropped off my Mums busted drivshaft at Motorparts direct for exchange...Then got some Rear wheel bearings from GSF and popped into Europarts (as it's in the same area) asked them about trims and bits and bobs.....he looked at me funny and said....no luv, sorry we don't really do much trim stuff at all...

Nevermind...thankyou for the suggestion, it was worth a shot ;)

have had a reply from an ebay seller breaking an 06 Activ...but they want me to call them...I emailed them pictures and a detailed description...is it too difficult to say how much they want for them or that i can only have it as a complete unit?....Really?....why do i need to phone them as well? o_O

WDID?
Well, figured that a friends old induction kit A: won't fit due to him welding the pieces together with no more nails lol (and maybe the fact it was made for a clio :S)
B: He wanted far far too much for it, so I went on ebay an sorted the kit out for about £14 including shipping =D
Then I took ma wheels off, got a set of pirelli's coming (also off ebay, brand new, bargain!) so i thought I'd get them looking all nice first,

And, typically, phone wont let go of the pics to post, lets just say they look nice an black all even, quite good for 4 £1 cans of black spray paint an 2 £1 cans of clear varnish =D
Just got to wait for the new tyres to arrive now =(

haha umm yeah think im going to have to space them out abit also caught when i went over a sharp drop but will get that all sorted in a few weeks

haha yeah it can be risky business getting in with me :p but thankfully i fitted the seatbelt clasp after the pic and of course took it for the compulsary drive to test it out after :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

*seat*

:D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

It's HOOOOJ! Micras are way to skinny for bucket seats to sit and look proper - even my Cobra clubmans look massive! Wicked seat though, Recaros are one of the few seats that are super comfy yet hold you in really well too.

And in my Micra news - I've ordered new shoes and tyres :D

Dad changed my Mums rear nearside wheel bearing on Sunday (on her 2003 SVE you dirty things :p )
...and When i dropped mum off at the airport today i noticed that at higher speeds mine is starting to make a similar noise hers had been
(a noticeable, if not quite as horrific, rumble/deep hum)
...got home Jacked up the wheels took off the hand brake and yep...I think my offside rear bearings on it's way out
...will be changing that in the next couple of days...luckily me and dad bought 2 from GSF the other day ^_^

Booked it for a new windscreen next Saturday. Went out this morning to find a nice stone chip with a 12" crack this morning :mad:.

WDID? realized that many of the drivers here don't appreciate the little green beast that prowls their motorways which are filled with black and gray mercs and volvos. Nearly been taken out 3 times today. First one was just annoying, second was a bit scary, and the third really p****d me off... nearly got smashed into a wall by a postal truck on the motorway.. I think they're all out for me :(

....also, found that micras can stop rather quickly :)

Too bad about the windscreen Guy, I've got a small chip in mine that's been there since I bought it.. still expecting a huge crack one day when I turn on the defroster.

WDID? realized that many of the drivers here don't appreciate the little green beast that prowls their motorways which are filled with black and gray mercs and volvos. Nearly been taken out 3 times today. First one was just annoying, second was a bit scary, and the third really p****d me off... nearly got smashed into a wall by a postal truck on the motorway.. I think they're all out for me :(

....also, found that micras can stop rather quickly :)

Too bad about the windscreen Guy, I've got a small chip in mine that's been there since I bought it.. still expecting a huge crack one day when I turn on the defroster.

Got smashed in the back by cowsa's older bro. rear panel pushed in rear pillars pushd out.
this dreams over it seems :)
20120730_164438.jpg

20120730_164511.jpg

r-reg premature retirement,,,,,,,,,,.,,,,

WDIDT ?
sorn,ed mavis ! tax mot insurance all due, so gonna smoke the white one while mavis goes on a crash diet :)
afr meter and tacho cluster transfered over already :) had to fit the damn jumpwire for the tacho signal on this one too tho (tapped into the red and white ecu wire, and joined it to the blue and black wire in the smaller black plug nearby)

P7310047.JPG

WDIDT ?
sorn,ed mavis ! tax mot insurance all due, so gonna smoke the white one while mavis goes on a crash diet :)
afr meter and tacho cluster transfered over already :) had to fit the damn jumpwire for the tacho signal on this one too tho (tapped into the red and white ecu wire, and joined it to the blue and black wire in the smaller black plug nearby)

View attachment 20644

Whats the plans for weight reduction Frank? other than the ally axel...

Or are these secrect plans for now ;)

Back