what did you do to your micra today ?

yes mate, had to do 4 sumps lol :) the 11.5:1 1275 @ 5psi is every bit as quick as the 8.5:1 corsa piston 1367cc @ 9psi (and drives nicer, and seems to drink less fuel)

So are you gonna up the c/r on the corsa piston engine now to get an improvement? or is that staying as made then a new project started?

So are you gonna up the c/r on the corsa piston engine now to get an improvement? or is that staying as made then a new project started?
it probably needs intercooling at the higher boost tbh joe, and i,m trying to avoid resorting to an I/C.
the 1367 is probably more suited to a bigger tubby

Took the front brakes apart AGAIN to regrease the pins now I've got the proper stuff.

Bought me some new tyres :) well... second hand but in top nick :) match my existing ones too... mostly
Say what u like but nobody complains at 3 tyres for 21 quid all in :D

You know when you've been spraying in inappropriate conditions when you blow your nose later and it comes out paint coloured :D.

Nothing other than spend all day trying to find a another micra to buy and some more bits to make the manifold for the T4 turbo :p

IMG_0915.JPG

Was bored so I thought I'd gap my plugs properly. Turns out the ground electrode on the plug in cylinder 3 was all burnt (17,000 miles on an iridium plug :mad:) so ended up changing them.

plugs.png

Was bored so I thought I'd gap my plugs properly. Turns out the ground electrode on the plug in cylinder 3 was all burnt (17,000 miles on an iridium plug :mad:) so ended up changing them.
a result of a #3 injector problem guy ?

Whoa, you're a genius Frank - you've put my mind at rest.... Checking my work/mileage list, the previous plugs ran 9,000 miles with the duff injector so that''s probably what knackered it - loads of misfiring and lean burning :).

This is the same candy red as under the bonnet but these lights wont show it off, more pics to come or check them and many more out on www.facebook.com/garageunlimited If you like what you see there then like our site and you will see updates as they arrive. There are two sites called this but you will see which one is ours :) View attachment 20291

With the money and effort put into that i would do a wet sand on it to lose the orange peel that cant be avoided these days with the eco paints :mad: Being a keen detaler it may just be me that picks things up like that, but if its going to be a show car it will need it along with proper wash method and waxing to avoid build up of swirls.

11th pic from the end, he has a lot of video and gallery and there are a lot better examples, this just shows what you can achieve with a rub down :D will be doing the micra soon as its my test car and work horse, already did my boat.
http://www.kdskeltec.co.uk/bmw_m5_1.phtml

First sand and lots of 'honeycomb' it visible, that would be orange peel on a car. further sanding needed.
picture265m.jpg

Boat wetsanded
picture264.jpg

Polished
picture327o.jpg

With the money and effort put into that i would do a wet sand on it to lose the orange peel that cant be avoided these days with the eco paints :mad: Being a keen detaler it may just be me that picks things up like that, but if its going to be a show car it will need it along with proper wash method and waxing to avoid build up of swirls.

11th pic from the end, he has a lot of video and gallery and there are a lot better examples, this just shows what you can achieve with a rub down :D will be doing the micra soon as its my test car and work horse, already did my boat.
http://www.kdskeltec.co.uk/bmw_m5_1.phtml

First sand and lots of 'honeycomb' it visible, that would be orange peel on a car. further sanding needed.
picture265m.jpg

Boat wetsanded
picture264.jpg

Polished
picture327o.jpg
Its straight out the gun there mate, will be totally flatted down and polished back up with multiple grade compounds etc for sure. check out our detailing section on our F/B site, we know a thing or two about detailing lol :)

Just checking as i dont know who is who here yet :) Got a link on here to the project, what engine and what purpose for the car, daily driver or pure trailored show car?

Just checking as i dont know who is who here yet :) Got a link on here to the project, what engine and what purpose for the car, daily driver or pure trailored show car?

Its a track/demo car mate. light tuning only at the moment with the chance of a supercharger, just done for everyday use, track days and a demo car,

Made a very weird dream/nightmare: I was changing the air filter there were plenty of living tiny turtles in my airbox !
dafuq+did+i+just+see+_363ef5fa4507a77d1fe8b549ef705049.jpg

Got the pedal box and twin master cylinders test fitted, (excuse the cruddy photo). Still need to shorten the pushrods, hook up the bias bar, mount the dash control and plumb in the lines but proof it all fits nicely. Reservoirs are just there to assess room, final installation will see them remote mounted further up on the back bulkhead area.

Also got the main parts of the roll cage fitted with the exception of the door bars, (ran out of time before the track day on Monday).

Finally, completed on a 12.8:1 piston design for the CGA3 engine.

Attachments

• 2012-05-09 14.42.49.jpg
    2012-05-09 14.42.49.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 240
Back