what did you do to your micra today ?

took the 6R springs out and tried on my 4 and half coils cut springs, no way was i going to try driving on them haha, pulled a load of rot out of the arch on the second skin too so there was no sharp edges near my tyres, then cut my old standard springs by 3 coils, nice little bit of arch gap and not decked, no rubbing and comfortable haha, will do until i get the arches and rot cut out and replaced with plastic arches, then i can go low and hopefully have some BSR adjustable coilovers by then!

So this was the start of my day. Sodding 205.
10271484_586550218155835_1652156968684752302_n.jpg

Also Wheels tried the wheels on, and started prepping my recently welded sill for paint. Pictures on my blog. http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/maxd-out-micra-my-story.55451/

Iv been looking at them all week Frank! Look straight forward enough to set up

EDIT : though I think il try it just with the bigger bore MS first
they were common fitment in the 70,s eh paul :) a guy i knew who broke his back at mallory park had 2 of those servo,s fitted in series (on a triumph 2.5) so that he could operate the brakes with his hand

whats the spec tho jordan ? 130hp for a 1.0 on carbs is a tall order for a privateer, when the 1.3 nismo works kit car peaked at 160hp with 8 injectors/pectal ecu etc
I'm not referring to the carbs or anything, just posting a video of the car that's all! There's another guy with even more power from a 1.0, I thought it was 1.4! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whats the spec tho jordan ? 130hp for a 1.0 on carbs is a tall order for a privateer, when the 1.3 nismo works kit car peaked at 160hp with 8 injectors/pectal ecu etc

Just spoke to him, said 115-120hp with John Hardman engine(he has the other flying machine)
Pretty crazy, considering my 1.3 is roughly 100-110.. At a guess :p

These all seem low. With careful driving my 1.3 got me 80 miles to a tenner.
150ish was about right for a score.

I was able to hit 48MPG.

All these figures make me think some things wrong with mine....I only get 38mpg, never tried driving easy for a full tank though and do a lot of stop start city driving in traffic...

Can still have a non micra blog :p
If its okay with you in the new year if it would possible to get in contact over some vinyls? Xx

Fitted my new cv joint and new wishbone on drivers side today. Just got nearside cv to fit tomorrow and thats the whole front of the car sorted. Well apart from the clunking struts but thats feraftdr christmas lol can live with it. Also cleaned and regapped all spark plugs but idle roughness still there grrr. 95% sure now its the iac that iv cleaned twice. Scrappy time soon :p

Anyone selling any k11 1.0 backboxes between now and january and if so prices? Looking for a cheap (ish) second hand backbox as sick of my micra sounding like a knitting machine tehee.

Picked up some goodies!
Ashley 4-2-1 with stainless cat back
9e68800d4043d03af96e920cdd0cfedf.jpg

Rev counter clocks and indicator stalk with driving/fog switch!
757c30dc561bb723d439539bd8380414.jpg

Exhaust is for the new rally car

WDIDT ? tested the coolant flowrate @ idle with the heater bypass pipe clamped (clamped with 2 nails and a cabletie, shown at 9 secs in the vid)

and the flowrate without the clamp

WDIDT ? tested the coolant flowrate @ idle with the heater bypass pipe clamped (clamped with 2 nails and a cabletie, shown at 9 secs in the vid)

and the flowrate without the clamp

So what's next? it looks like there's a lot of potential to improve the heater a lot.

So what's next? it looks like there's a lot of potential to improve the heater a lot.
i,m just trying to maximise the output really, that bypass pipe is there to relieve pressure if the matrix valve is set shut and the stat has yet to open eh, it does rob the heater tho
i fitted the brushless fan to increase the airflow and to reduce the parasitic voltage load, so the screen has a proper airblast now, but the kw heat output of the heater is still crap by modern standards, gonna see if this rad blind helps any :)

PC060336.JPG

i,m just trying to maximise the output really, that bypass pipe is there to relieve pressure if the matrix valve is set shut and the stat has yet to open eh, it does rob the heater tho
i fitted the brushless fan to increase the airflow and to reduce the parasitic voltage load, so the screen has a proper airblast now, but the kw heat output of the heater is still crap by modern standards, gonna see if this rad blind helps any :)

View attachment 38135
Chuck some duct tape on there Frank, everyone will think you're driving a Rotax ;)

Now UPS have found our address (cretins - no one else has an issue, just UPS, twice out of the 2 times they've had to deliver recently) I now have the new leads, disi cap and plug so went and fitted them (ecp didn't have a rotor arm, seems to be rare that anyone keeps them). Tried to clean the cam cover, and its better now but still oil engrained.

Back