what did you do to your micra today ?

My new speedo - with tacho :D and some other bits I've collected on my visits to the scrappy.
001_zps6e4ece13.jpg

003_zps5f51327f.jpg

Last edited:
Never mind Magpie said it, I posted about that a month or so back haha

EDIT : You could sell that green set of clocks on for some ££ davy :)

Last edited:
He needs to keep replacing those broken ones :p
Never mind Magpie said it, I posted about that a month or so back haha

EDIT : You could sell that green set of clocks on for some ££ davy :)
I'm going to have a look to see if I can take the green face off, and fit it to my new speedo. The needles don't seem to want to come off, looks like I'm going to break them to get them off.
Unless someone knows how to get them off - the needles that is :rolleyes:

damn It Lol. I need an MS2extra for coil on plug sequential ignition and injection. I've spent the last two days examining motronic wiring diagrams but cant work it out to save my life! Unit will cost aprox £ 500, no good if I cant wire it up tho :(

damn It Lol. I need an MS2extra for coil on plug sequential ignition and injection. I've spent the last two days examining motronic wiring diagrams but cant work it out to save my life! Unit will cost aprox £ 500, no good if I cant wire it up tho :(
Speak to @pork I'm sure he got quotes under 400 for the kit plus extras

I'm going to have a look to see if I can take the green face off, and fit it to my new speedo. The needles don't seem to want to come off, looks like I'm going to break them to get them off.
Unless someone knows how to get them off - the needles that is :rolleyes:

two teaspoons, cover the bowls in electrical tape so you don't scratch anything, then one in each hand and lever the base of the needle off against the dial face.
Then, if it's anything like the Mazda ones I've done, spend half an hour crawling around to find the little weights that ping out.

True that. I've never been above 70mph in my car, cause I'm a good boy.

As a new driver, I'm still not used to using the engine note to determine best gear changes. I've never understood why these were never added in the first place tbh.

Year of playing Gran Turismo had me sorted for engine note changes long before I sat my test haha.

But slap a exhaust on and I was changing at 3k because I though I was near the limiter haha. Rev counters allow you to get maximum performance out of the rev range chaning gear at the right time to drop the revs back into the power band :)

Year of playing Gran Turismo had me sorted for engine note changes long before I sat my test haha.

But slap a exhaust on and I was changing at 3k because I though I was near the limiter haha. Rev counters allow you to get maximum performance out of the rev range chaning gear at the right time to drop the revs back into the power band :)

Agree with the racing games bit but gave to disagree with the rest :p

When you're racing you don't spend time looking at a rev counter to see when to change gear! You use your ears, and this gets you maximum performance instead of ruining your vision by looking down at a tacho...

Agree with the racing games bit but gave to disagree with the rest :p

When you're racing you don't spend time looking at a rev counter to see when to change gear! You use your ears, and this gets you maximum performance instead of ruining your vision by looking down at a tacho...

Yes good point. I find when doing an autosolo there isn't really time for looking at it, you go by 'feel'. More useful on the road, especially making sure you don't buzz the engine on downshifts.

Yes good point. I find when doing an autosolo there isn't really time for looking at it, you go by 'feel'. More useful on the road, especially making sure you don't buzz the engine on downshifts.

I guess i get your point on the road, i only have one for sound checks and for when the rents drive the car ( haven't fitted it yet though....)

I guess i get your point on the road, i only have one for sound checks and for when the rents drive the car ( haven't fitted it yet though....)
I have one in the rally car for sound at Scruitineering too. I only ever look at it if I'm buzzing it in first out of a hairpin.. Playing rallying games(badly) since I was 3 sorted my hearing for gear changes :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spent nearly two days researching Megasquirt for my coilpack motor, spent most of today putting this together :) now just gotta match all the pinouts on the MS with my 88pin motronic ecu and the designing will be almost there :)
Micra MS2Extra Wiring Diagram.jpg

If you cant find any pipe davy, take the panel filter out the airbox and slap that over the hole where the intake pipe goes like this :)

Need to find a bit of pipe so this is my temp solution haha

Photo0094_zpse25cec39.jpg

Fought were her this afternoon, felt like every job was hard work.....

Changed the oil and filter, oil was an arse to do, as my oil filter tool snapped, and had to do the hammer a long screwdriver through the filter trick. Had to do this quite a few times.... Messy work.

Also messy was changing the gearbox oil

Did a full bolt check, and good job a did found the osf wishbone through bolt slightly loose, rear arb clamp bolt slightly loose and a rear trailing arm mount a bit loose..... PPPPPP and all that.

Had to put some air in the nsr tyre, and found it leaking a bit around the bead. Hoping that a re-seal on a tyre machine and load of bead sealer will sort it. Got to get a new tyre for the misses anyway tomorrow.....

Best get some sleep, as if it goes to plan tomorrow will involve no sleep!

And wizzed help a brutha out @frank @Enuo

Got stopped earlier on and get 2 defects one was license plate so easy fixed.

But apparently when I flick fro my headlights to full beam all my lights go out for a brief moment before coming back on.

Any clues as to why?

Cheers Steve

And wizzed help a brutha out @frank @Enuo

Got stopped earlier on and get 2 defects one was license plate so easy fixed.

But apparently when I flick fro my headlights to full beam all my lights go out for a brief moment before coming back on.

Any clues as to why?

Cheers Steve
dirty contact somewhere maybe steve ?
WDIDT ? swapped my winter tyres front-to-rear (and used the widened rears this time)
you can see the gearing difference between these 165/65/14,s and my dragstrip 165/60/12,s eh !

P2220582.JPG
P2220588.JPG

Stuck on my fogs...that was the easy part...

I've pinged off a load of emails to eBay breakers to get an Almera indicator stalk....

*waits*

temporary-30.jpg

Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro1_205 using Tapatalk

Back