what did you do to your micra today ?

Completely, it must be a good feeling to know that someone that recognises all these amazing high £££ builds also has time for us, which are relatively low budget and less well known in general.

'Sent from my bed using paper planes'
Was proof to me H701 stands out like a sore thumb :D
Only rally car there too :p

I know you're proud of that one, and so you damn well should be. Not enough people give you credit for it I think.

Ta Max :D
It's because they've not seen it in person... it spontaneously combusts, makes anti slag noises, churns up fields, lights up distant forests, pops rad hoses, blind civic owners (sorry max but they were parked in front of me), makes cool poses next to a smoke grenade. Its the life of the party really

Ta Max :D
It's because they've not seen it in person... it spontaneously combusts, makes anti slag noises, churns up fields, lights up distant forests, pops rad hoses, blind civic owners (sorry max but they were parked in front of me), makes cool poses next to a smoke grenade. Its the life of the party really
Don't apologise, I completely know what you mean. I'm a member of Civiclife, and sure it's alright it's a bit of a laugh. That's about it, I don't feel I could actually make long term friends with these people.. Half of them are moronic, and the other half aren't much better. It's the drivers that give Honda such a bad name ...
After saying that do I get a ride in it at some point soon? ;)

Today well last two days actually I have fitted my amps and speakers in the car like a stealth install (sort of hard to put a 12" sub stealthily in a Micra). oh and I put on some wheels to. Tomorrow I have to re wire the H4 headlamp bulbs, give it a clean and order some coilovers for it, Hopefully it should be done then. I know it's sitting too high at the minute and the photoshop is how I want it to look when it's all done. Oh the wheels are 8j and et15 all round.

Attachments

• IMG-20140114-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20140114-WA0001.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 233
  • IMG-20131219-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20131219-WA0000.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG-20131216-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20131216-WA0002.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 224
Don't apologise, I completely know what you mean. I'm a member of Civiclife, and sure it's alright it's a bit of a laugh. That's about it, I don't feel I could actually make long term friends with these people.. Half of them are moronic, and the other half aren't much better. It's the drivers that give Honda such a bad name ...
After saying that do I get a ride in it at some point soon? ;)

I'd say JapFest is the next time you'll see it for said ride ;)

Hells bells chris, slow down bud .... you've had more happen in a month than I've had in a lifetime.

not even going fast! its the terrible roads in devizes, down the main road through devizes the worse part you have to drive halfway in the cycle lane to avoid the potholes! through the road going towards market place on both sides the potholes are unavoidable so i think its there where ive hit them and its made my tracking go -.-

Not really today, but last Sunday, but here is my report on the day out. Oh i did buy some oil for the old girl today though... 20ltrs of nice 5w-40 Fully Syn

Once again the MGJ Engineering Brands Hatch Winter Stages was running on my birthday, so what better way to spend your birthday than going rallying! With Suze busy looking after all the media on the event, Lizzie Wizzie Pope once again agreed to spend the day telling me where to go.

The Micra has undergone a lot of development since last year’s event, so it would be interesting to see how much difference that would make. A lot of time and effort had been spent recently repairing the not inconsiderable damage from our last event, Wales Rally GB – man that Welsh gravel can do some damage!

The day started off very cold and icy, with a thick frost covering everything. Seeded at Car 42 we were lucky to be starting a bit later than some and with the sun out it was slowly warming up. The first stage was very very slippery, we ran some semi slick Yoko A032Rs (soft) on the front and some Matador wets I had been given by the ‘Mad Kiwi’ Brian Stevens. Luckily we got round with no real issues, although we were very sideways through Druids and getting wheelspin in 4th going down Paddock Hill was interesting on the ice!
After the second stage we were lying 3rd in class. Although we were seeded first in class, this was going to be an unlikely end result against the very well driven and developed Nova of the Newton’s. My main target was to beat one of the other Micras (car 70) out on the event which is a similar spec to ours but has a proper ‘box and diff. At this point the Micra was just ahead of us.
Going into the third stage, the circuit and stage were drying out, so it was a good time to push on and spurred on by being beaten by the other Micra I upped the ante and by the lunch break we were 16 seconds ahead of the other Micra.

During lunch the sun disappeared and was replaced by grey mist and as the day went on it got colder and wetter. Due to a delay (caused by another Micra who was stuck on stage) it was starting to get dark queuing for stage 6 and I wished I had fitted the lamp and corner pods. However, when I ‘nudged’ a cone in the rally school section with the corner of the car I was glad I hadn’t fitted the corner pods as I suspect it wouldn’t have survived….

Going into the last two stages we had a healthy lead over the Micra so it was a case of keeping it tidy and not risking things too much. We fitted the lamp pod and the newly acquired and made corner pods which worked well helping define the edges of the circuit. By now it was getting very slippery and by the time we started the last stage it was really quite wet, and to be honest we should have fitted wets all round, having run the same tyres all day.

By the end of the event we finished 39th overall and 2nd in class finishing 33 seconds ahead of the other Micra. It was also pleasing to finish ahead of other better specced cars with more power than our road rally spec Micra. Out on stage it was good to mix in with other cars including chasing down and catching (in the corners) a Ferrari and pulling away from a WRC Spec Focus who joined just behind us on one of the merges!

Thanks go out to Lizzie for being spot on all day with no missed calls and keeping me under control (well most of the time!). I only hit a few cones…. Thanks also go out to Tom & Jeremy for looking after us and the car all day. A final thanks to all the organisers and marshals for standing out in the cold to allow us to play.

So to round up what a great way to celebrate getting another year older, all the development work and new mods since last year have made a real difference, we got a great result meeting my aims, the car was in one (muddy) piece and I got to drive her home after the event
smile.gif

Matt Endean – Car 42 – Red Micra

WDIDT?

Bought another micra, 1l shell, 1.3 engine all perfect except a 6x3 gap in drivers sill. Sill beading is solid, as is arch liner sill.

Lovely stuff, gonna get it fixed and MOT'd on Monday.

Also modded my air intake
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390064337.487342.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390064360.681917.jpg

Te power I have now compared to before is insane!!

Pipe dia is all I have at the mo. Ain't got money for a new filter so it's staying there for the mean time till I can get some tuning and more coupling.

As for the power, the filter was super blocked before (green nano storm one) and now it isn't. When it went straight into the coupling for the TB there was no throttle response and now power, however no flatspots.

With stock OEM k11 airbox with no filter - it flat spotted all over

With filter in it still flat spotted but slightly less but had no top end

With this almera box, with no filter, just the green on on the intake hole - it's had no flatspots, noticeably more power but still didn't seem right.

Popped up to Jan at JM-imports for his 10 cents, and he said this way(as in pics) would be the best setup as he had dyno'd it in the past like that and it gave him some horses.

So, went back home, fiddled around, and voila! It works.

Power right through the revs, with a nice kick in the back around 4.5.

Pulls harder, revs faster, wheels pins more.

Even if it isn't actual peak horses, I've got more horses through the revs.

I'd say that's a win tbh.

With the correct sized inlet pipe you can get something called 'inertial supercharging' where the momentum of the air between intake strokes compresses the air in the intake slightly, giving slight boost. The faster the gas is moving the more boost, so the smaller you can go with pipe diameter without choking the top end the better power through the rev range you'll get :)
Is why these whale penis intakes you see on civics make me laugh... ruins the VTEC

We all know civic owners are tools. Haha

Yeah I'm gonna go 40mm piping to 40/60couple to airbox.

That should do lovely IMO
Sounds about right, Mine comes accross in front of the engine and attached to the slam panel, gets a bit of ram air from there at speed (maybe lol)

Manifold will be heat soaking it a little which may be messing with the thermodynamics of the airflow.

Have you tried down in the corner by the lamp with a bit of wing peel?

I was trying to find the induction thread actually to check your pic again funnily enough haha

Manifold will be heat soaking it a little which may be messing with the thermodynamics of the airflow.

Have you tried down in the corner by the lamp with a bit of wing peel?

I was trying to find the induction thread actually to check your pic again funnily enough haha
Aluminium heat wrap on intake and manifold heat shield still in place, bonnet raisers for extra air flow through engine bay so heat soak from manifold is pretty much a non issue.

Bonnet raisers are a good idea.

As for mine, my 421 would get in the way. And I don't like the idea of heat wrap. Not in the winter anyway.

I'll try your method when I can. Need to get new hosing for mine though, it's split a touch in places :(

Bonnet raisers are a good idea.

As for mine, my 421 would get in the way. And I don't like the idea of heat wrap. Not in the winter anyway.

I'll try your method when I can. Need to get new hosing for mine though, it's split a touch in places :(
In winter I just disconnect the intake pipe from the airbox. Can't drive fast in wet/ice/fog so flatspots etc are a non issue for me :)

Aye makes sense in the city.

I live in a new town surrounded by 70mph roads and 60's everywhere. I need power right the way through. And now I has it. Yussssssss

Stokedz

went through my first multi-story earlier... not fun haha, do not like crocodile teeth or whatever they're called, got stuck and rolled back on them, scraped all down the whole of the underside, scraped on every level going up and down, bottom out a few times, and i didnt even reach over the speed on 5mph! sounded good going through with the echos though!

With the correct sized inlet pipe you can get something called 'inertial supercharging' where the momentum of the air between intake strokes compresses the air in the intake slightly, giving slight boost. The faster the gas is moving the more boost, so the smaller you can go with pipe diameter without choking the top end the better power through the rev range you'll get :)
Is why these whale penis intakes you see on civics make me laugh... ruins the VTEC
I was reading this thinking "that's really interesting" then I say the civic comment, you can't help yourself, can you?

I was reading this thinking "that's really interesting" then I say the civic comment, you can't help yourself, can you?

I said ruins the vtec, so am saying that vtec hasn't ruined a car already, isn't that enough? ;)

I went to the shops.

There was another Blurple Micra Vibe outside.

That was the highlight of my day.

Sent from my RM-892_eu_euro1_205 using Tapatalk

Drove my car with 3 people (me included), my car jack and my tool kit in the back, and the clutch just about managed so SHOULD be ok moving the engine and gearbox from the almera on friday when then bloke picking up the shell takes it out for me (probably this friday)

Had to scrape a bit of frost of my windscreen this morning :eek: first time since - can't remember.
Probably a couple of years now, don't like frost, ice, or snow - hate snow. Good job I've only seen it maybe five times in my life.
Bloody stuff :mad: hope we don't get any.

Got the bloody panhard rod out, debushed the one end, ground flats on the crush bung and got her off with a pair of grips, the other end needed to be cut out, but shes out... to find I need x2 M10 bolts for the suspension and one to replace the one I cut. Replaced an earth cable as my dizzy was sparking like a bitch! Replaced inlet vacuum hoses as they were leaking.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

yh fam wtch wut ur sayin we will bash u up fam

That actually hurt to type ^ :/
I consider myself to be slightly educated, and I love Honda.
Speaking of that, @Jen319 has been taking A LOT of pictures of Honda's recently I've noticed ;)

Back