what did you do to your micra today ?

28i248w.jpg

Because they lose you power and are noisier.
Properly done they're ok, the noise is nice too :p. It's all about having a buffer of filtered air and a proper flow into the throttlebody and at our level we don't have the kit to custom make a flow optimised airbox so almera is the best we can do for a better flowing filter.

Not that you didn't know this Andy I'm just elaborating a bit :)

hmm dunno about that. induction kits arent expensive and do give you a little more power
They lose you power... that noise people are obsessed with... is the engine physically working to induct air.. costing horse's
It is also dyno proven :)
Only properly setup flow tested induction kits gain power

I believe MCM also did a lengthy video on it

Also, between intake strokes, if you have a tuned inlet length and diameter, the momentum of the air in the tube reduces the amount of work the engine has to do to re-accelerate the air so that it moves i to the cylinder. A pod filter stuck on top the maf will lose you power, no matter how good your cold air ducting is. A proper pod filter with tuned inlet length and diameter will give very little gains over a bigger airbox with k&n panel filter. Low Rider has mentioned before that the intake manifold design is a significantly limiting factor at higher power levels though...

there are probably good gains to be had from the "right" intake setup, i tried all sorts of pipes and filters and mostly got big flatspots

I have a fairly long fairly narrow air inlet pipe to my almera box, I get a small flat spot at about 2.5k, then it just revs and revs :)

well what mine is is a stainless tube coming from throttle body a stainless box surrounding the filter with a intake coming from the grill. seems to have made a difference maybe not tons and i might have lost mpg but its nice, sounds good and looks nice :)

id like to put a 1.3l engine in it but havent got funds and experience for it
Then funds aside, cams will be very tricky fo you, engine swap is a more laborious but far simpler task. Cams involves measuring valve clearences etc. and although unlikely, may require new shims to be aquired.

ordered a new set of wipers and a wiring harness for the aftermarket head unit so nothing exciting.... well I have adopted the car it is the step daughters!!! lol
I've adopted my flatmates car as she shows it no love... she went on holiday and came back and it was full of sand and salad cream (I hope!). I almost cried...

Took out the old engine, transfer over bits like the pas pump etc... Got the new engine in and three out of four engine mounts fitted. A few things were fighting us along the way but got there, knackered now,.... Another day at it tomorrow.....

is an ma12 just a standard K10 1.2L engine? If so how much difference is there between the 1.0L and 1.2L? Do you think it would be worth while doing it?
My car is a state on the outside, grease marks on paint etc, but that was an unavoidal part of its life due to maintenance. If you worked on a building site I would forgive mud on the carpets. But sand in the door pockets because you emptied your shoes inside the car rather than outside is too far...

Or leftover food because they cant be bothered to bin it. Chuck it in the back instead

I am in no way starting a sexist debate but from what I've seen its mainly the women's car that are worse.
They look after themselves etc etc.. we prefer to look after our cars. Aside from that the more important thing is that 'a car is a good insight into how a person lives'

@enuo... another random quote

My car is a state on the outside, grease marks on paint etc, but that was an unavoidal part of its life due to maintenance. If you worked on a building site I would forgive mud on the carpets. But sand in the door pockets because you emptied your shoes inside the car rather than outside is too far...
Mmmmm - I'd better not say anything - you'd definitely not forgive me, probably give me ten year sentence.

Or leftover food because they cant be bothered to bin it. Chuck it in the back instead

I am in no way starting a sexist debate but from what I've seen its mainly the women's car that are worse.
They look after themselves etc etc.. we prefer to look after our cars. Aside from that the more important thing is that 'a car is a good insight into how a person lives'

@enuo... another random quote
No, no ,no, my house is immaculate - my wife does a wonderful job. Probably just as well AMEN !!!

Wdid? refitted my peter lloyd backbox as i got fed up of the other one rattling and not being loud/raspy/peter lloydy enough :p and looked up what it is.... its a peco big bore 2. and basically nobody has anything good to say about them lol.
Also relocated my air intake to behind the rh headlight near various air giving holes and away from the heater pipes and radiator on the left where it was :) hopefully i'll see an improvement. Mounted up my fpr properly too so its actually bolted in on a bracket now :) no more cable ties woo!

The picture above is of the wheels that I put on and took off, as I didn't like the way they altered the cars dynamics (15")
Two new tyres on, and two pretty good ones, going to sell them sometime (when I get around to it, dreckly, we call it)
However, the most important thing is - Trumpets play/drum roll I POSTED THAT PICCY - WAH BLEDDY HAY !!!!!!!! Done it at last, not quite sure how I did it, but, I'll practice some more and bore the bloody pants of you LOL :):):):):):):):)

Back