what did you do to your micra today ?

Not actually done anything to the car, but listed a whole load of Micra parts on here, thought i would post them here first before resorting to fleabay to sell them. Remember all money raised goes back into more Micra mods - LOL! :)

Also got sumped.... are all the sumps the same ? Really i need to replace the sump on my 1.4 CGA3 engine as the current one leaks a bit and is very rusty. All the ones on ebay seem to be just for the 1.0/1.3's are they all the same ?

Also got sumped.... are all the sumps the same ? Really i need to replace the sump on my 1.4 CGA3 engine as the current one leaks a bit and is very rusty. All the ones on ebay seem to be just for the 1.0/1.3's are they all the same ?
yes matt

Test fitted the cars new shoes :D :D

IMG_10451_zpsc914a2be.jpg

More pics will be on me blog :)

TR6's and 7's are very different, if you can't tell the difference you're going to make an optician somewhere a VERY rich person. At £2k it will be a TR7, they're too civilised to be a true TR, and proper TR's start at £8k for a us spec TR6. Small chassis triumphs are where you get most bang for your buck, more so even than Minis and *shudders* MG's. You can get a rough but running Herald or Spitfire for £1800, and you'll get noticed more.
A Triumph vitesse is my choice from that era, hell of a looker, and pokey in its day.

My first car was an Oxford, blue and white, built like tank. 1.5 lt, don't recall them having 6's, mine was a straight 4 and they were good for a 1/4 million miles +. Production moved to India after they stopped them here and were made for many years, a luxury car in its day. Crash gearbox took a bit of getting used to, double de-clutch and all that, only on 1st iirc.
an oxford was my 1st ever banger racer :) no synchro on 1st gear in those days eh davy

Went to a few scrappies today. First one had 3 pre k11 facelifts sitting in 2ft of water, so, no good to me. The second only had 1 k12 stripped to shell, so on to the 3rd. Hah hah, they have a 51 plate k11 but, its on top of two other cars:( Anyway they are going to bring it down and take the seatbelt off and give me a ring. At this dealer you are not allowed in the yard, they strip everything for you - fair enough. So hopefully get it tomorrow, in the meantime I have just bought one on ebay to cover myself.
I have been told that when the new seatbelt is fitted it has to be tuned to the ecu ! is that right ??? Also out of interest, when was the k11 facelifted ??
Don't bloody MOT's drive you crackers, this airbag light thing came in from the bloody European union *&^$%:mad:

No there wasn't Frank. Bet you won all the races with the Oxford, just bashed em all off the track - they were tanks.
nah, it was crap tbh davy, the front wheel took a knock and bent the steering box (no l/h lock, but turned on a sixpence on r/h lock) the shox were shagged/empty, so it handled like a boat
twas good fun tho :D

WDID?
Been here over a year, thought it was about time I made a thread?
Jen's K12 Sport+ Turbo*cough* Diesel *Cough*
....it's still a work in progress right now, got a few gaps (pictures) to fill in later, will probably just take some new photo's tomorrow :p

Wdid? Yesterday and this morning was spent getting and fitting a new gearbox :). I'm now running a 41k miles second facelift 1.0 gearbox :) very smooth, bigger clutch for more power/to handle what's already there, and also I now have a crank position wheel and sensor should I ever need it for mapping later on :).
Only thing is... The reverse light doobery is different, so does anyone know which of the 2 gearbox sensors is for reversing? There's one near.the flywheel end at the bottom and one near the wheel end towards the back if the box. (ive already eliminated the crank sensor its fairly obvious)

Oh and massive thanks to @SirChris for all the help and the use of his tools, driveway and awesomeness :)

Wdid? Yesterday and this morning was spent getting and fitting a new gearbox :). I'm now running a 41k miles second facelift 1.0 gearbox :) very smooth, bigger clutch for more power/to handle what's already there, and also I now have a crank position wheel and sensor should I ever need it for mapping later on :).
Only thing is... The reverse light doobery is different, so does anyone know which of the 2 gearbox sensors is for reversing? There's one near.the flywheel end at the bottom and one near the wheel end towards the back if the box. (ive already eliminated the crank sensor its fairly obvious)

Oh and massive thanks to @SirChris for all the help and the use of his tools, driveway and awesomeness :)
You helped me do it... Get it right.

Went to a few scrappies today. First one had 3 pre k11 facelifts sitting in 2ft of water, so, no good to me. The second only had 1 k12 stripped to shell, so on to the 3rd. Hah hah, they have a 51 plate k11 but, its on top of two other cars:( Anyway they are going to bring it down and take the seatbelt off and give me a ring. At this dealer you are not allowed in the yard, they strip everything for you - fair enough. So hopefully get it tomorrow, in the meantime I have just bought one on ebay to cover myself.
I have been told that when the new seatbelt is fitted it has to be tuned to the ecu ! is that right ??? Also out of interest, when was the k11 facelifted ??
Don't bloody MOT's drive you crackers, this airbag light thing came in from the bloody European union *&^$%:mad:

Just after R Reg I think, so 98 ish.

WDIDT? Went and got a new key thinking my NATS had been bypassed, nope! Least I have a new valet key, or at least a copy when my main key finally snaps!

What I've done recently.
I've finished the budget alloy refurb
Order new pressed number plates
And had a blue vynal sunstrip fitted :)
Next.
Save for my holiday beginning of sept.
Save for road tax end of this month
Save fore insurance next month
And get my hand on a sexy Peter Lloyd when I get back off holiday :)
And do the polo/corsa coil over jobie :)

WDIDT?...spent most of this morning taking new photo's of lots of little things I've done to my car over the last year or so...
Which have now filled in all the gaps in my blog so far, still got a bit of catching up to do, but it's getting there...
It is a bit picture heavy...might not be so much fun to view on your phones :oops:
http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/jens-k12-sport-turbo.57521/
well worth it jen :cool:
WDIDT ? a bit more progress on the mani :)

P8070331.JPG
P8070334.JPG

Call the police the bad boys are in town!!!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375905025.466469.jpg
thanks to gr8 plates and Mark Bognor ;)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375904984.888418.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375904984.888418.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 247
WDIDT?
Took her down to Nissan for the Steering wheel recall notice...No problem with mine at all ^_^
had a quick chat with the girl behind the desk and she said Nissan have yet to find a UK car with the fault yet...
I don't know if this means they have found them in other countries, she wasn't specific :p
I guess there must have been more than one somehwere to cause a recall....? o_O

BTW...My mum got the letter yesterday for her 2003 SVE :)

Snow foam!!

Hmmm real snow's better LOL ;)
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/Car/DSC00295.jpg

ETA: ....almost forgot, I also hit 77,000 miles today :D

DSC00625_zpsbb983a70.jpg

Back