what did you do to your micra today ?

Awww...I hope you hear back soon Karl ;)
Good luck Dougy

...looks like things are mostly looking up all round, eh?... ^_^
I had my army second interview yesterday too, i was happily talking away and he was like "ok you can stop now youve passed that easy, just memorise the jobs and you'll breeze adsc (final selection and interview)" :) he also said "lose the beard though... this ain't the navy mate" :p haha Hopefully we'll all be less broke soon!

I had my army second interview yesterday too, i was happily talking away and he was like "ok you can stop now youve passed that easy, just memorise the jobs and you'll breeze adsc (final selection and interview)" :) he also said "lose the beard though... this ain't the navy mate" :p haha Hopefully we'll all be less broke soon!

Tell him to shove it about the beard

http://www.teambeard.co.uk/

:D

Supra's on there are noice

wdid, looked at insurance quotes for when its up for renewal and found i can get fully comp with all mods but engine swap declared for 1600 a year, but if i declare the engine swap it goes to 3000 tpft and 9000 fully comp :/

Wish i had a rev counter so i can see fi my induction kit is doing anything :L

Feels slower in 4th but then again i cant remember what it was like stock :L

Screw going fast anyway noise is awesome :)

Wdid? Discovered i probably wont be running the 205 width tires as the 50 profile is MASSIVE and a 45 profile only exists in toyo t1r's or other expensive brands, looks like it'll be 195's and sell the nice toyo on ebay. Cant even go the other way and run stretched 185's as theyre just as rare and expensive...

Edit: Just become very tempted by 165 or 175/50 (which i could maybe get part worn) or a 185/45 set of nankangs... Stretch and moar lows will happen! Hopefully still handle like magic too :)

This may have been influenced by looking at tyrestretch.com and browsing swdubs forum... they really make an effort to get low! Now thinking of properly modding the rear lower shock mounts to set the coilies out from the bodywork further and give me more room to play with :)

Changed up my nostrils a little, I thought they looked a bit too big in all black so trying something different. :)
IMAG0368_zps52bf49f3.jpg

I'll give them overnight to dry and fit them sometime tomorrow and treat you all to another picture :D

Wdid? Discovered i probably wont be running the 205 width tires as the 50 profile is MASSIVE and a 45 profile only exists in toyo t1r's or other expensive brands, looks like it'll be 195's and sell the nice toyo on ebay. Cant even go the other way and run stretched 185's as theyre just as rare and expensive...

Edit: Just become very tempted by 165 or 175/50 (which i could maybe get part worn) or a 185/45 set of nankangs... Stretch and moar lows will happen! Hopefully still handle like magic too :)

This may have been influenced by looking at tyrestretch.com and browsing swdubs forum... they really make an effort to get low! Now thinking of properly modding the rear lower shock mounts to set the coilies out from the bodywork further and give me more room to play with :)

Stretch looks good but as soon as you come to a bit of spirited driving you will be surprised at the lack of grip, the horrendous tyre wear, and when you go a bit too commited into a corner an the tyre comes off the rim and smashes your amazing wheels. Put tyres designed got your wheels and that's the way to go!

God I sound like an old chap.

Stretch looks good but as soon as you come to a bit of spirited driving you will be surprised at the lack of grip, the horrendous tyre wear, and when you go a bit too commited into a corner an the tyre comes off the rim and smashes your amazing wheels. Put tyres designed got your wheels and that's the way to go!

God I sound like an old chap.
You really do :p i think 175 is the narrowest i'd go, not too stretched on a 50 profile and hopefully cheap available as part worns (gotta check that out though) if not then 185/45 also looks ace and allows me to save the arches a bit. 195/45 obviously is the norm on these wheels but then id need more spacing/longer studs to save the inner arch on lock and the rears would need the lip folding/rolling out to allow me to go round corners. I might try out some 175's and 195's (theres some shagged ones i can test with at the garage) and see what i like.

I had 185/60 on a 7" wheel and that had a little stretch
Was that on a micra? would be pretty tall... but yeah it looked good right? i found a few pics on tyrestretch.com which looked good, only thing is the only 185/45r15 you can get is nankang nsII which will set me back nearly 200 quid for 4 tyres, partworns i could get 4 for 60 quid or less fitted!

Changed up my nostrils a little, I thought they looked a bit too big in all black so trying something different. :)
IMAG0368_zps52bf49f3.jpg

I'll give them overnight to dry and fit them sometime tomorrow and treat you all to another picture :D

Smart they are mate! didnt realise you were that good at painting ;)

Yeah was on Charlie though they were 13's, what about 185/55 you can get new nankang ns2's for approx £36 a corner
I'd not looked at the 185/55 tbh, its slightly bigger than 195/50 so the speedo would be slightly off (reading low) which i dont like, not sure how it'd look really (i wanted lower profile than current to avoid arch scrubbing and get a better look) might go on tyrestretch again see what they got for a browse :)

15's seem to be a pig for getting the profile you want, it's either stretch or balloon
thats pretty much it, youre either wayyy stretched or bouncing around like a noddy car... only nankang doing 185/45 and nobody doing 185/50 which tbh i would think was ideal

I would go with the nankangs personally
185/45 you reckon? Im gonna check with the guys down the garage tomorrow see if they can get trade rates on them at all... and see if the part worn place has any 175/50 or 185/55 just in case... save me some money til i have a job, then get NEW tyres for the first time EVER :p

185/45 you reckon? Im gonna check with the guys down the garage tomorrow see if they can get trade rates on them at all... and see if the part worn place has any 175/50 or 185/55 just in case... save me some money til i have a job, then get NEW tyres for the first time EVER :p

Yeah I'd have 185/45 very little stretch and a low(ish) profile, but your best bet is to get one of each and see which fits best

Yeah I'd have 185/45 very little stretch and a low(ish) profile, but your best bet is to get one of each and see which fits best
Im leaning towards the 185/45 tbh, i'll probably try a 185/55 and a 175/50 and see what looks good and fits well then go from there.

Back