Went to halfords today...

D4R73N

Ex. Club Member
Went to halfords today to look at some alloys for my car, and came across these (below). they look really nice and currently asking only "£260", which aint the worse price in the world!

What do you think of them, and what other cars would these fit as they are for a micra, so I have an idea of the selling crowd or change of vehicle in future :p.

alloys4kw.gif

Not my best photoshop, but i dont need to show how amazing they'd look, any car with alloys looks amazing...unless its a saxo of corsa!!

They look nice and suit the car well. Just watch with Halfords though. I was going to but alloys from there, Team Dynamics pro race ones. The ticket said £400 and I asked the guy if that was correct as in the book it said £560. He said they were £400, so I went away to decide if I should buy them/photoshop them on the car, went in the next day to buy them and a different guy told me they were £560, even though the ticket said £400.

scottish-sr said:
They look nice and suit the car well. Just watch with Halfords though. I was going to but alloys from there, Team Dynamics pro race ones. The ticket said £400 and I asked the guy if that was correct as in the book it said £560. He said they were £400, so I went away to decide if I should buy them/photoshop them on the car, went in the next day to buy them and a different guy told me they were £560, even though the ticket said £400.

You know its illegal to sell an item for more than it says on the ticket?

they look good mate a bargain indeed, i have team dynamics wheels from halfords my mate paid £260 for them new and i got them for £100 with not one mark on them im constantly getting comments on how nice my wheels are :D

m1ck97 said:
You know its illegal to sell an item for more than it says on the ticket?

Thats not compleatly true, as there is a part of the law that says if it was an accident (eg typo) they don't have to give you it at that price. But if you had gone back the next day and it still said £400 then they should have to stick the the lower price as they have been given plently of time to change it. Phone up your local consumer rights office and tell them about it, while in the shop if they refuse and it still has the lower price on it.

Remember k10 wheels are 4 nuts, not 5!! so those wheels wont look exactly like that :)

Arnold said:
Remember k10 wheels are 4 nuts, not 5!! so those wheels wont look exactly like that :)

lol, There was one question i wanted to ask, i was told i needed 195/45...

but what would be the case if I installed 195/50?

Ok kool, does anyone know if halfords would change the wheel from 195/50 to 195/45 for no extra charge?

I might go in tommorow if its a possiblility

Changing the size of the alloy will probably throw your speedo out, after all, they're designed for 12 or 13 inch wheels!

speedos on K10s read so far out anyway it will actually make it slightly more accurate.

Ed said:
speedos on K10s read so far out anyway it will actually make it slightly more accurate.

That was the same for my mates cleo, he put 17s on to it and the spedo was then dead on at all speeds(according to the road angels display), i don't know what size tyre was on them tho.

Back