Got a K11 Facelift Today XD

Howye Lads & Ladies,
got a job offer starting on monday so needed to pick up a car in a rush...came across a '00 K11 Facelift with 88k miles and a years NCT for €950 so I went and got it...buyers guide on here helped :)

Been sitting up a while so it smells like a damp old man but I should be able to sort that...brakes are a bit noisy too but they work okay and I'm assuming they'll get rubbed down with some mileage.

The offside doors are both a different color blue though, so I'm assuming they've been replaced. The seam-sealant in the boot doesn't look very factory either...pics below; does that look normal?
Has front fogs, Aldi USB Head Unit, and a little spoiler jobby, which is grand :)

Don't really have a plan at the minute...gonna trim out the louvers in the front grilles as per Daniels K11 Turtle anyway: http://micra.org.uk/threads/my-k11-super-turtle-build-project.45517/

I was thinking of stripping out the interior & seats and leaving just the dash & floor mats in in order to save some weight, along with a pair of cheapo bucket seats for driver & passenger. Momo wheel, gearknob, and hand brake. Debumperstrip & Debadge, roll the arches, and drop it a little on banded steelies ?

I don't feel like dumping any money into it though considering it's really just a winter runaround.

Rusted rear arches:

Rusted front arches:

Clean Sills/Underbody though; it's all undersealed but I dunno was the rust removed before the sealant went on :rolleyes:

spare wheel well seam sealant:

Leaky headlights, so I'll dismantle them and spray the backs of them black like Daniels turtle too

Got the whole interior shampoo'd and fabreeze'd today...because it smelled like damp mouldy musty old man...car had been sitting up for a while!
Removed the carpet, boot liners, and rear seats...then put the rear seats back in due to complaints from daddy dearest...so they'll have to wait a while before they come out proper!
Got the rear wiper mod done & removed the boom tube from the inlet piping.

I split the drivers side headlight and painted the inside black...went to dry out the dripping wet glass with a propane torch held a foot away but managed to crack the glass so I'll need a new drivers side headlight unit :( It was covered in gasket sealant anyway so someone had split it previously...and the rubber boot at the back of the bulb is split. Might get a set of projectors & put HIDs in them if I can find a set of drive-on-the-left ones.

Pulled the covers off the hardboard rear door cards too...I'll paint the hardboard for the mean time; I'll eventually make carbon fiber flat door cards front & rear.

Welcome Kealan, check your rear inner arches if you haven't done so already, they can be a weak spot for rust. Grab yourself a light unit from a scrappy and enjoy the motor. Best mod on K11's is wider wheels and will make a massive difference to how it holds the road, 195's are good.

Cheers blanes....was googling tire prices earlier to find out just that...I was thinking 195/60/15 on maybe a 8.5" and 8" banded steelies?

Did some work today on it, i'll put up pics later.

^ u wot

155/70/13 and 195/45/15 ( if that's the standard size) is near enough the same rolling radius.

If you put on 195/60/15 its gonna be a bigger overall radius innit

Its okay....i get the rolling radius vs wheel size difference :p

Got the carpet removed and floorpan painted;

I had the gear lever out and cut about 60mm out of it, then welded it back together and painted it; gear shifts feel much much nicer now...short little throw on the lever :)

The spring is attached below, but it's still not centering the lever though; any ideas?

While i was replacing the interior the boss was fitting a handsfree kit o her lupo...

And then she went to pop the rear view mirror back onto the ball...oops:-/

reverse side should have a little of its own spring back,,check that with spring removed from stick then cut spring a little to get correct tension to center it

Can K11s warp discs?

The brakes are pulsing if i brake lightly and clutch it in slow moving traffic... You can only really feel it when it's about to come to a standstill. Any insight? Ill have a closer look at the weekend

Back