the purple hobbit

my micra, the purple hobbit

hi all, been on here a short while now and much help has come my way, so cheers to all, thought i'd start a little journal abot my k11 1.3 gx 98 reg:grinning:
i got it about 3 months ago with 56k on the clock,tax and test, never had one before but got used to it quickly,few things whent wrong with it but nothing major,still got a leak somewhere in the back,and the severe weather we had a couple of months back knackerd my drivers window mechanism but fixed that thanks to the local nissan scrappy,just a few tinkering things to get done now untill i'll be satisfied......i nearly forgot....it's purple:doh: not cool lol, but found this site and have now got a few ideas, the 1st thing was lowering if you remember my post somewhere about it? initially thought this was going to be a long and expensive process, but then came along "Frank",and for alot less money i now have a car that's lower and handles nicely(slightly bringing out the loon in me :blush: ) cheers again dude, any way some pics....
Image0231.jpg

Image0236.jpg

and then frank got hold of it.....
Image0243.jpg

Image0237.jpg

Image0244.jpg

Image0246.jpg

Image0245.jpg

guess which end got lowered first:grinning:
Image0241.jpg

i'll get a pic of the car lowered all round on here soon, thought about some wheels, the only ones i can afford or like are allways to far, so thought i'd use what i got for now.....stealies! so whent to town on the spare wheel and got this...
Image0250.jpg

i think it's an improvement on the original,but the other wheels are rusty so will take a while to do,just gotta look odd for a while with 1 white wheel lol, hopeing it will look good once they're all done and on, what do you reckon guys? not sure what's next to do, been reckomended an almera air box,so will keep me eyes open, also going to take the door strips off, and give the car another t-cutting(yes it's had 1 already,not that you can tell :blush: ) also front and middle exhaust pipes, apparently combined with the almera box should feel better, but that sounds a little expensive for now, thinking of painting the center console and prob a few other things inside the car, any other recomendations???? will post other pics when i eventually get round to doing it all, thanks for looking, sorry if it's boring and all comments welcome.....

I was looking for a purple one,but ended up with blue..! looks good, need to chop more coils though..

thats looking mint mate good choice on colour as its not too loon :D

why not put it in the k11 blogs section at the top of this area

I was going to go for white steels so I'm intrigued as to how this will look.
Get some gold Cadbury's stickers and your onto a winner haha.

tried to move it to blogs but is saying too many pics or something, the limit is 10? and i have 14!
not quite sure how to rid the other wheels of the rust, sanding will be a nightmare me thinks so maybe a drill with wire brush attached, not so sure about removing the strips now as they saved the paintwork earlier on a boulard:doh: , i'll decide when everything else is done, cheers for the comments so far:)
edit-think i've moved it to blog, but to my blogs not k11 blogs, anyone tell me if i've done it correctly?cheers

As for moving the thread just message James (admin) etc.
The idea of cadbury stickers above seems pretty cool. maybe cadbury centre cap stickers? :p

put the finished wheel on, looks alright so far, bit odd at the mo with the 1 white wheel, the second 1 is in the proces of being sanded, pics up soon, the only problem is that now with the 1 finished wheel on, the car now pulls to the left, let the steering wheel go and it turns 1/8th to the left, why is this? checked the sizes and exactly the same as the others, tyre pressures are all good, any sugestions?

Has no one ever mentioned that idea on here before, Micra purple seems just about perfect for it, i actually tried to buy a purple one just to do it! but all of them where rusty and not so fresh on the engine side of things. Maybe could've pulled it off as chocolate showing through?

:doh: !
silly question but what light bulbs do i need for the instrument panel, heater section/speedo area etc? wanting to change from the original pale white to blue or something, but there's a million bulbs to choose from,just need to know what code etc, cheers

The white wheels are really smart, your giving me ideas now...
The vinyl would be pretty easy to get cut its just the size.

:doh: !
silly question but what light bulbs do i need for the instrument panel, heater section/speedo area etc? wanting to change from the original pale white to blue or something, but there's a million bulbs to choose from,just need to know what code etc, cheers

T5 is the socket you want. I really recommend putting SMD´s in.

i'll try and get some from halfrauds tomorrow along with sun tan lotion :laugh:
is it just t5 bulbs for the dash and everything else like one size fits all? cheers

go for it :p though the sanding is a real pain depending how rusted your wheels are, i use a drill with wire brush and then sand paper after, makes life alot easier:grinning:
,any idea guys where sells vinyl primer?? going to start on the inside soon, cheers (Y)

markbognor, can you still do the gear knobs in brushed alluminium? and prices? cheers

matthewway, i think it was a peice of steel tubing from some garden equipment simply cut down to size and diameter was perfect, frank is the best man to ask as he done it for me, clever guy is frank!

minty looks nice!
been every where today looking for vinyl paints for the interior but no where seems to have it, halfords and car spares etc, any ideas guys where i can get some? also is the link above (no:26) for car interior lights for the correct lights for the interior of a k11 1.3? not sure if it's just the one type or different types for different ares, e.g heater swith lights and dash lights etc...cheers

been a while since i've done anything to the hobit,and havn't really done anything since, but some of you may have read that it was starting to sound a little like a black cab/transit in a thread a few days ago,well i took it to the wizard that is frank, and he started doing his thing....
002.jpg

he found the culprit.....
006.jpg

007.jpg

003.jpg

pics are not the best(sorry) but the upper cam chain had been damaged somehow,the roller was broken in half and the link was about a millimeter from snapping! can't believe how close i was to ######ing the engine:wow: , it was damn lucky i took it to him when i did! anyway he kindly fitted a new 1 and now the purple hobbit drives sweetly again,and will hopefully stay that way for a long time, so thanks again to frank for the help(Y)

Good to hear you got it fixed, but if it HAD snapped, would it really have damaged the engine? I thought that the design meant that a snapped chain did no engine damage?

lucky sun of a gun. that was scary close to snapping mate. props to frank ! if i ever get a serious problem i'll be popping over to brum. saved your engine mate.

also painted steelies and cut springs ftw ! check my passion. you should do a purple lip my man. (Y)

i'm very lucky i think! and yes he did dude, it's well worth the journey to see the wizard! also all the time i've been on here i still don't know what "ftw"means!? purple lips?? please enlighten me........cheers..

i'm very lucky i think! and yes he did dude, it's well worth the journey to see the wizard! also all the time i've been on here i still don't know what "ftw"means!? purple lips?? please enlighten me........cheers..

as karl said, for the win. click my passion link in my signature to see what i did to my 13" steelies. you should try it with purple.

computer's been down hence delayed responce(not ignoring you all!) now i know what "ftw" means and it's quite reasuring to know that the engine would not have been screwed had the chain snapped! clever little cars micras hey(Y)

Back