the purple hobbit

well it's been a short while since anything done so treating myself to a new set of alloys! pics up later, going to have my stealies up for grabs,only three of the wheels are painted white though:p decent treads on them, pm me with offers if interested, will deliver if close enough.

alloys were from a hyundai, which needed the bores widening,hour and a half of waiting,late for work and told to come back tomorrow, whent to my mates garage for an oil change and he noticed the rear passanger side spring was just out of the cup! and because the alloy wheel place had lost 2 of my steel nuts they used 2 alloy nuts,of which 1 of them wasn't even on all the way and was threaded :( lucky i whent to see my mate! gotta go scrappy to get 2 steal nuts and then back to the place to let them know what they had done to purple hobit, i left £20 deposit....wander if i'll get it back? needless to say i shall not be getting them! going to finish of the stealies in white and just be happy with what i have(Y) will post more when more is done to the car.

well it's a sad time as i'm going to sell the hobbit! going to return to 2 wheels, if anyones interested? looking for around £850, pm me with interest or offers

just to let everyone know, the purple hobbit is now on e-bay if anyone's interested.
got messed around a little and it didn't sell so managed to find a way of keeping it :)

well been a while so just a lil update....
release bearings where whining and clutch verry high so got this
530.jpg

feels much better now
new 185 tyres....grippy :)
536.jpg

installed these
568.jpg

sound is much better now,not the most powerfull,but going from 2 speakers to 4 is a big improvement in my opinion.
gone from this...
543.jpg

to this...
563.jpg

also speaker suround(only 1 side done so far....ran out of paint :/
565.jpg
,that's all i've done so far but when money allows will get the exhaust done to make use of the ga 14 air box and franks manifold

it did pass the mot with cut springs,cant remember exactly how many coils were cut of but think it was 3 or there abouts,the springs dont fall out of the cups hence it was safe,rear ones are a little iffy when jacking the car up,but no problems since, standard shocks,just the washer thing was moved lower and welded into place to allow them to go higher into the top/brace,with the excess rod going through the top of the brace a tubular piece of steel was put on it then the nut on top, to stop the rod falling too low,hence when the car is jacked up the wheel cant fall too low and the spring fall out, hope this makes sence and helps a little

a little update for the hobbit, the exhaust was sounding terrible,really rattly.... so seemed the perfect opportunity for an upgrade...and a secont decat lol....

hello mate are your steels 13" by anychance? just got a set of 13" wheels and need to know how it will look on the low :) only mine have 165 tires

another lil update, purple hobbit passed another m.o.t last week,advisory on sills though,think next year they'll need doing:(, a service and new bosch plugs and purple hobbit is feeling good:D, also some deep dish on the rear,front not do-able due to arches and lows,still need stiffening/raising the rear due to rubbing,pics coming soon

Good work! I'm liking the color coding inside, as well. Just how hard is it to remove the speedo and heater controls plastic covers? I would like to do the same with my mate's Micra..........

So, just how do the covers come off, then? Are some of the screws covered up on the heater controls? (I can't remember seeing any on my Mate's K11.......)

templar2k5 said:
So, just how do the covers come off, then? Are some of the screws covered up on the heater controls? (I can't remember seeing any on my Mate's K11.......)

Theres plenty of info about removing interior parts but here we go.....

To remove center console..
Two screws above head unit
Remove ashtray and there's another two screws
Pry fascia off :)

To remove speedo surround..
Drop the steering wheel to the lowest setting and youll see a couple of screws, I'm pretty sure you know where the rest are :)

gone for a drive today and thought....something isn't sounding wright, the engine sounded as if was struggleing really bad,left to idle then all was good after about a minute or so,so got to the end of my road and something wasn't feeling wright,got out to notice that someone had a go at removing my rear wheels,every bolt was loose! so glad the wheels didn't come off whilst driving! wonder why they didn't take them though? maybe got spooked by someone? lil ba#tards need sorting!:mad:

Perhaps you never tightened them properly... or the thread is giving way... :confused:
keep an eye on them though!

a
definately tightened them! hope it's not the thread,especialy if it's all 8 in 1 go! but will definately keep my eye on them;)
anything with some dish is a theft target AC :( i get accosted in the street lol, hoopdub had some locking nuts for sale this week iirc

yeah i know frank,since they've been on the car a few people have commented on them, so they're definately an attention grabber! locking nuts are now a must me thinks

My second K11 Micra automatic on Motability was a purple R reg 1997, reading this thread brings back fond memories I love the Cabury's photo mine always reminded me of a Cabury's Fruit and Nut bar rather then Dairy Milk !

Back