• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

syko's micra build

sorry about not updating in so so long seem to have hit a brick wall, just a matter of saving up for some paint etc etc should have a few pics up at the weekend :p

sorry about not updating in what seems like so so long seem to have hit a brick wall so to speak :down::down: just need to save for my paint and all that. hopefully going to chirk autopaints sometime next week to sort out what colour i want :wasntme: should have some fresh pictures uploaded by this weekend

i'm aliveeeee :p right think i'm about ready to show you guys the slight progress i have made since the last post. :laugh:
bought some corsa b coilovers and they fitted a doddle just redrilled out the old micra top mount and the top hole where it mounts on to the hub and it fitted perfectly. rears were just as easy thought i was going to some hell of a task doing it but had some advice from martin cheers buddy (Y)
coilovers.jpg

finalstance.jpg

Top man with the lowering (Y)

Park her up nose to nose with mine by the green and I'll get some photos .

stripped the front end down and repainted the engine bay, inner wings and the front crossmember, also painted the inside of the headlight and the rocker cover.
2011-05-05192236.jpg

2011-05-05192303.jpg

blackedheadlights.jpg

thought of having it a strange colour saw a figaro in a scrapyard a few months ago that was a dark metallic purple.. that brown euro saxo from fast car is it? never thought i'd ever say this but it's pure filth, i have massive respect for people that think outside of the box.. still think that the micra is the underdog, the amount of times i have been laughed at when i say i'm a proud owner is unreal.

stripped the front end down and repainted the engine bay, inner wings and the front crossmember, also painted the inside of the headlight and the rocker cover.
2011-05-05192236.jpg

2011-05-05192303.jpg

blackedheadlights.jpg

thought of having it a strange colour saw a figaro in a scrapyard a few months ago that was a dark metallic purple.. that brown euro saxo from fast car is it? never thought i'd ever say this but it's pure filth, i have massive respect for people that think outside of the box.. still think that the micra is the underdog, the amount of times i have been laughed at when i say i'm a proud owner is unreal.

Looking awesome mate, loving the smoothed look! Lows look good, what's handling like mate?

Go for a non Nissan colour then no one can have the same :)

Audi gun metal grey :) hard as f00k !!

ahhh. well that's the trouble martin i've only got like a farm lane that i can run up and down with the car in this state. but it's hard seems to go well enough with only minor modifications aswell couldn't even begin to imagine the fun you'll be having with a turbo :p off to pick up some paint tomorrow going for a white with like a blue metla flake simliar to ford's new frozen white but alot cheaper think it works out at like 11 pound a litre without the hardner along with 2 litre's of primer should be all one colour soon hopefully (Y)

Back again after spending months of tinkering around ;) fairly quick update; finally got the car one colour went for vauxhall glacier white picked up 2 litres for just under 25 quid which didn't seem bad it's fairly decent stuff aswell and lasts forever only used a litre doing the car including door shuts etc, went to check the insurance and i can't understand why it is so expensive when i bought the car in 2007 insurance was only 800 fully comp and it's around 2500 now any ideas how i can get a reasonable insurance quote anybody? few photo's to keep you all updated with the progress. peace and love fellow members (Y)

set

set

set

set

set

set

Very, VERY nice - just need to sort the corner of the bumper where it's hanging down a bit (Y).

Yea thought somebody would see that, it's been unscrewed so I could sort the lines out :) and forgot to fix it back cheers for the input

Have got the bug need more power thinking of a 1600 lump and then rebuild a 1300 turbo, progress is slow again due to sorting out a bigger workshop and other projects :( on the brighter side start a new job in oct so should be able to fund all the mad ideas that orise

Back