• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

SU carbed k10

Then they're not silly questions :)

Fair enough :)
I mightnt know much but all iv learned on here im glad i know before i evens start my apprenticeship :) evens though ill be HGV its the common sense ill need behind some of it :)
I thought about it the other day and if i had never joined this club i wouldnt have done anything to the car and also i wouldnt have ended up with the apprenticeship i got :eek: thats what the msc done for me :p

eryzy4ej.jpg

Took altenator off grey k10 cuz it looks better than my one , looks slightly bigger too , i know it works inly swapping it over in the hope it works better .

Ma12 cylinder head is on , Su manifold and for the moment standard air intake on SU , need to put back on timing belt back on and i need to figure out how to set the distributor into the head so i dont end up 1/2 turn wrong

asyzaveh.jpg

e2amaqa8.jpg

2 stage, i always do mine to about 40, then i back them off one at a time 1 full turn, and then 70 ish
Only took them to 50 after , chickened out afte that because there not new headbolts , and was afraid of damaging corners of thread in block , ah well it should be fine at 50 lb/ft

So met another problem , was gone all weekend till now, just went to put timing belt on ma12 head and the camshaft pulley is different and the camshaft pulley off the old ma10 head got damaged when i was stripping bits off ma10 head, so it was standing on its side , and it got knocked over and slightly bent camshaft pulley , why is it i rarely damage anything but when i do its something i need ! May go take engine out of grey k10 like i wanted to anyways , and take camshaft pulley off that , hoping that its the same , or get one somewhere else and not touch my spare engine ....

Yup they pulley , in fairness there on pressed steel theres no real strength in them , but basically ma12 head was missing a few bits that ma10 had , so i had head on a low workbench standing on its end while i took stuff off , went away for a while and while i was gone leprachauns must have knocked it over , it hit the ground pulley first , pulley was a little bent , ( bent beyond use ) so yeah theres a story to laugh at :p

I can and i will if i have to, :) just id rather
Not be pulling parts like that off seen as its my spare engine , but i suppose thats what ill end up doin :)

Right so im taking engine and gearbox out of grey k10, i wanted to sell grey k10 shell , fairly stripped , and i would have looke for 100 euro ish , but iv been offer a deal, a lad i know wants it for autograss , an he'd go straight swap With wat he has , its either march turbo or march superturbo bonnet in good condition , im considering but asking for advice ?

Iv dealt with him several times before so i trust his word , he's always been true to it before , i think ill regret it if i dont , suppose they just dont come up for sale , i was asking him to see if he can get a pre facelift grille and throw it into the deal so ill see how that goes :) id be well happy then

Lol pulled it as if there was nothing behind it ! In a wet field :p
ega6e2en.jpg

Engine is ready to be lifted , was trying to do it last night but it was pissing rain so i covered it and left it there , and now its pissing rain again :/

So everything done now , just need to pipe up these few inlets to SU
So this one is crankcase breather , so ill stem down. The pipe that other wise would have went to pcv valve
myzyqyry.jpg

But out of the other two i cant figure which is fuel inlet :
Picture 1 :
e6ejudes.jpg

Picture 2 :
vena3uje.jpg

So whichever is not the fuel inlet is fuel breather , where should that go ?

And finally : what pipe goes to this ?
Iv looked at pictures on google but they mainly say fuel inlet is on other side to what it is on mine
aqenuvab.jpg

Next questions :
Where could i pipe fuel overflow , guess i cant be just dumping it ha

Also , seen as i still think the only petrol input the old standard carb had was from that pipe on the top of distributor , and theres one for that on su as well as fuel input on su can i use a T and pipe them both to the same feed ?

Back