gauge issues

si i have two gauges that dont work, my temp gauge decides to go straight to max once i turn ignition on, and the fuel gauge never worked, i checked fuse box, everything was good, assumed they were two seperate issues which now stands to correct me

checked the float, it seems fine but i had no AAA battery for my god damn multi metre so i cant tell if the resistance is changing as it should,

but now i guess it must be something in the dash , anyone ever in the same situation ?

si i have two gauges that dont work, my temp gauge decides to go straight to max once i turn ignition on, and the fuel gauge never worked, i checked fuse box, everything was good, assumed they were two seperate issues which now stands to correct me

checked the float, it seems fine but i had no AAA battery for my god damn multi metre so i cant tell if the resistance is changing as it should,

but now i guess it must be something in the dash , anyone ever in the same situation ?
when we get things like this at work we put the ignition on and move the float by hand well put it to the top and hold it to see if it moves the gauge

iv meant to try that but i havn't got out to my car ! spend all lastnight sitting here bidding and buying on ebay! i will try this latter hopefully

wont know rightly now till i buy enough petrol for it to show on gauge again, it doesnt go anywhere now untill i get it tested so fingers crossed it works when the time comes

Back