• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

To be Turbo'd: 1989 Red K10 LS 'rosie' build thread

Good afternoon chaps.

my younger brothers first love is my nissan micra k10 LS. hes even named her "rosie"!

This is his account and his name is 'Jam'

Anyway i've accepted the fact he wants it for his first car, but for now i am driving it as a run around and will be modding as i go along to make it that little bit more unique.

My names Sam and im 19, we are from Birmingham. This is an introduction to us both.

A few of my past cars... just to show you what kind of direction our little k10 will be going...

i've been to JAE and japfest in the past with CCUK (the Corolla Club UK) and thought id join with you for some advice on our k10 build

My 2002 Facelifted D4D TTE Toyota Corolla E12

My 2005 Toyota mr2 roadster, pictures speak for themselves. it was gorgeous.

and my most recent, Toyota Altezza RS200 manual. best car by far that ive owned.

there is many more. but thats all for now, blog about our k10 to follow....

okay to the k10.

it started as a bog standard 1989 4 speed manual LS. it was pretty clean for what it was.

put it through MOT and taxed it and insured it. and havent started fiddling with it since :)

okay heres what your waiting for, the list of mods!!!

- Full service with 5w40, gearbox oil, engine oil, K&n air filter.
- straight through exhaust with rear 3.5" carbon cherry bomb backbox, removal of silencers. sounds sweet, video to follow
- 35 mm PI lowering springs with new front uprated Manroe shocks and rear KYB shocks
- polished rim red 5 spoke classic rims 14x6J all around ET30 with 3mm spacers running slightly streched 165/60/14 dunlop SP sport tyres
- k11 front discs pads and calipers
- front flyeye tinted headlights with 8000k HIDs
- rear half mask flyeyed tail-lights to give it that facelifted look
- 10 speaker ICE, including 4 kicker tweeter mounted to the dash, twin amps running kenwood 6x9s and a pioneer 12 inch sub. with orion 5" speakers in the door cars for midrange, all running on a sony xplode 52x4 USB/MP3/WMA headunit
- front toe strap
- LED rear number plate bulbs and interior lights
- 52mm smoked tachometer mounted to the dash
- custom rear lip spoiler to give the rear that much needed look
- rolled rear arches
- momo steering wheel and matching momo gearknob
- fitted carpet mats
- obviously some go faster stickers ;)

heres a few pictures of how it started and how its looking now...

comments welcome

videos to follow

I have now added a sweet little rev counter, soon to be joined by boost counter, also oil pressure just to look nice :D soon to be turbo'ed as soon as my brother has the time to help me :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 560
Back