• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

SU carbed k10

Ant troubleshoot things in the guide?
Try checking the voltages coming from the sensor :/

This i mist try today now , was more focused on getting space in the shed and getting it in yesterday which i got done and now have way more space than last year ,

Sure all wires in right place?

You've taken the sensor out off exhaust when calibrating?

Im pretty sure i did , but again ill double check , yeah i did the open air calibration , unless i got confused by the name of the gauge and shouldnt have sent the brown and yellow wire into the yellow wire for the gauge

One thing i didnt bother do was install the LED into the calibration button , but they said it was optional ,

I took my power from the cigerette lighter because i thight there would be no interference from that

I printed out all the manuals for it , its like there trying to simplify it so much that there actually making it harder :p

Ill see whats on google i found nothing on youtube

I think i shouldnt have wired the yellow wire from lc-1 to yellow wire of gauge , ill bet the issue is there :) better get the porridge down and get out there
Still got 4 weeks till i start my HGV apprenticeship :/

Here's what I done with my light and button

bagumu3y.jpg

Here's a simple guide too

unujuhe6.jpg

So its getting exactly twelve volts ,
Iv tried yellow to yellow from lc-1 to gauge , and brown to yellow , but i keep getting a blinking 7.4 on gauge :/ everything else is as shown on diagrams :/

iv been reading a lot of threads where lc-1 have been getting abuse !
http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?p=896539

i swear to god if this is faulty i will f*ck it in the corner and tune this SU the old fashioned way, its a carbed car they've done swapping of carbs on engines for years without sensors so i am not buying anymore sensors, its looking to me like the sensor itself is faulty evens though it was actually heating up, ( yes i touched it to check )

Buy colourtune. Much simpler. That or do the lifting the piston a 16th inch with a screwdriver method.

much cheaper too, its looking increasingly like a faulty lc-1 appearently nothing strange to them , if it is ill get a refund and go colourtune or something

seems so simple,

Got some supplys,
Full gasket kit
Steel for carb spacer , luckily my local steel supplier has 80 x 20 so that suits perfect i got 80x80 square so i can grab it in lathe to bore it out
hu9esege.jpg

much cheaper too, its looking increasingly like a faulty lc-1 appearently nothing strange to them , if it is ill get a refund and go colourtune or something

seems so simple

The colour tune will only tell you the idle mixture, Adjusted by the idle mixture screw. Anything over around 1500 rpm the needle takes over,

Thanks for the reply ,
I understand this but im just curious to know how they done this years ago and without wideband and were able to do it correctly ? Its looking like ill just get a replacement unit from the seller anyways ,
I think i just got anti-wideband in the heat of the unit being faulty after me wiring it up

Thanks for the reply ,
I understand this but im just curious to know how they done this years ago and without wideband and were able to do it correctly ? Its looking like ill just get a replacement unit from the seller anyways ,
I think i just got anti-wideband in the heat of the unit being faulty after me wiring it up
Gotta send the old one back I take it.

I've been learning setting up carbs properly. Old guy here called Ray knows pretty much everything about the carb tuning things. I'll see if he can give tips.

Though as with any engine its safer to overfuel than to run lean

I'm involved in many threads... sp I dunnooooo :p

"Ignition advance"
In k10 tuning and modifications?
About a week ago ? I tried fallow but some of it got slightly confusing :p

One question i had from one of franks statements :
Low compresion 4 speed
High comp 5 speed

Is that implying that my ma10 which came with 5 speed from day one has a high compresion engine ? I know when i go change to ma12 head ill know by the top of the pistons but i was curious about this :p

Iv been tracking down a few other k10's :) found an early prefacelift so may try get them to sell ! Sitting under a tree beside a facelift !

So put in the ffour jaw chuck ,
Grabbed the piece ,
jype3yra.jpg

Drilled it till i could get the boring bar in and opened her out to 44mm

Drilled the other holes
5e4eduqy.jpg

Opened them out bigger and haypresto :)

uvujanag.jpg

qu2atuja.jpg

Total cost of spacer €1.50
And 35 mins of my time again i swapped chucks over and all :) saves tryna find one and post it to ireland :)
Plus its another piece i can say i made myself :)

Thinking of spraying the intake mani and my home made adapters vht black will that make a difference ? Was considering taping up important stuff and doing the ma12 head too ?
2use9a4e.jpg

Yes , i promise :D at the moment im confident about the SU on its own , just a little nervous about turbo so i was gonna run SU for short while whenever i get it on road and when it goes off the toad again ill turbo it , baby steps for me , really dont want to **** it up :p

guha9y5y.jpg
yhega2ym.jpg

So missing nut on ma12 head , does it matter how tight they are ?

uhu8a3a9.jpg

Gonna have to take ma10 head off before i evenss try mani so will be puttin on ma12 head , anything i should be careful with when taking it apart ?

Yup , i dont think it came with a nut but its no biggie i probably have one in workshop :)

And tbh neil its more incouragement to put on ma12 head altohether anyways :) so i just have to take off exhaust mani tomorrow and then head is off , one thing i fecked up was i forgot to mark the timing belt before i took it off , bolox ha , i think i marked the old one with tip ex and i still have the old one so ill look tomorrow

Was just thinkin to myself if i split wngine and box in grey ma10 and take out flywheel , i could go to get it lightened if it doesnt cost toomuch and that way i can work away on red one till its done , and maybe put it and new clutch in red cAr , although it doesnt feel like it needs one

So yeah one was hidden under oil and the other under the gears which i think pump oil through filter or something , yeah im new to all this part ha

Another silly question , i dont have haynes manual or anything , torque for head bolts ? Im re using old ones they seemed okay

Back