Strong petrol smell....Doing my head in!!

:suspect:

I had a leak in my old tank and had it changed for a replacement one..............Ever since then when im driving i get a very strong wiff of petrol coming into the car and it makes me sick.

Ive pulled over and checked all the injectors and rail e.c.t but nothing seems to be leaking.

Any suggestions???

Jas

its cos the old foam seal for the fuel tank access cover has been disturbed. after a full restoration, my cabin used to smell of fumes when left overnight and especially during hot days.

i scraped off the old damaged tape, carefully applied a band of draft excluder foam tape brought from local diy store, refit cover and doesn't smell anymore.
attachment..jpg

frank i think pollyp is giving you competition here neither the less i think thats another problem solved

lol alex :grinning: the tank should only vent from the breather tho (in the filler neck, away from the exhaust) broken seal or non broken seal

Its not inside the car, only when i wind the window down.

So im guessing it has to be sumwer around the tank area as the smell only occuerd after we changed it.

But it puzzles me as i only get it when driving so i instant think its coming from the front of the car ,,,,,,,as if it was from the back i wuldnt smell it so bad?????!!!!???

I willl have a look underneath today and see if i can smell or see anything.

Back