Strong rubber smell!!

Hi All, I have a question any idea why I had a very strong burning rubbery smell coming though the air vents when I was travelling at about 65mph up the A21 in Kent and it went away when I slowed down? Not knowing what or where the smell come from I carried on my journey at a slower speed 40-50mph with no other strong rubber smell, at one point I did stop in a laybay & checked under the bonnet but without knowing what I was looking for that was usless!

Yours Peter 0003

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Could have been the area ,
Belts but they probs squeal, tyres probs makes a noise , only other thing is brakes but that's not really a rubber smell,
I get little funny when I can smell something while driving till I realize it's not me haha

OP
OP
Peter0003
Hi Maximus, Nissan Boy & All,

I checked the under the car for any oil leaks on to the exhaust aera but nothing there and also the checked the wiring around headlights as maximus said they were prone to melt and it appears that at one point in the life of my car, that may have happened as the last owner replaced the wiring with 5 amp wire thicker than nissan cable anyway. But still no fault found, my mechanic just told me today try and recreat the same conditions and go from there, as it could have been someone burning rubber tyres or rubbish in general close to the A21 and I just drove through the smoke at night without noticing it. Thank you Peter0003