• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

squarepants micra blog

its not a full march boot, its just a micra boot that has been drilled and had a march plate recess fitted to it :p the holder was floating around the club for ages i managed to pick it up for £30 from swiper who used to be on here.

its not a full march boot, its just a micra boot that has been drilled and had a march plate recess fitted to it :p the holder was floating around the club for ages i managed to pick it up for £30 from swiper who used to be on here.

ahh i see, i know where there is one but its attached to a car, that is in daily use, i wonder if he would notice if i swapped it with mine,the perfect crime hahaha

update on my mums micra...

painted some alloys i had in my shed satin black, and did the wheel nuts aswell lol. there 14'' team dynamic motorsports..apparently ''light weight'' but i wouldnt say so! there not far off the weight of the standard 14'' alloys! oh one of the alloys needs to be shot blasted as some **** painted it with a brush! :S

P1010693.jpg

P1010689.jpg

P1010694.jpg

P1010690.jpg

also painted the bonnet and boot badge black.

the alloys are forsale ;)

Looks like caliper paint is next methinks!
Get those drums and calipers painted, then some centre caps!
T'would look awesome!

Good work thus far! :)

Looks like caliper paint is next methinks!
Get those drums and calipers painted, then some centre caps!
T'would look awesome!

Good work thus far! :)

the cailpers have been painted, there silver! lol they where orginally silver, then i painted them yellow as the paint was flaking off, then black, then red, and now silver agian lol...the drums have also been painted black. but the drums have been off since and the paint has started coming off. centre caps cover all the wheel nuts etc, and i dont like them! so i will just have them without :p

Has it got an exaughst on it yet dan lol that would probably be the next job on the list?

no exhaust still! its been a good 3months since it fell off lol! it needs a centre section...but iam not paying for it :p she can! was thinking of getting a cat back system made up. but just waiting for her to get the money or a second hand stainless one to come along.

Thats shocking mate, did you see if your dad has still got those side skirts? If he has I'll come up and get them soon and if you're feeling generous you could even help me fit my rear lights lol.

painted some alloys i had in my shed satin black, and did the wheel nuts aswell lol. there 14'' team dynamic motorsports..apparently ''light weight'' but i wouldnt say so! there not far off the weight of the standard 14'' alloys! oh one of the alloys needs to be shot blasted as some **** painted it with a brush! :S

lol they probably were lightweight before they had about 10 different coats of paint on them :p

weekend matey. erm sunday? i will let you know what time later this week lol you fitting the rear lights aswell? you might need some light sealent aswell otherwise the boot will leak water!

what leak more then when i took the rear seatbelt bolts came out lol will get some sealant mate text me and let me know what time sunday then mate

lol they probably were lightweight before they had about 10 different coats of paint on them :p

lmao

update. removed my main toe eye as it had been cut with in angle grinder to allow the sie exit exhaust to come through! (kept the secondary one on the pass side tho) will hopefully be getting a light weight jobbie from ebay... bumper is now held on with cable ties! :p

P1010696.jpg

P1010700.jpg

P1010701.jpg

also put some eye brows on..cost be £1! lol its electrical tape :p but they are growing on me :S

retro badge!
P1010698.jpg

bump :p

Ah the good old 'electrical tape over the headlights technique to get the bad boy look' effect :)

I did that about a month after i started driving, it lasted about two days before i ripped it off, but it didnt look great as the car was blue! looks good on yours tho.

Erm Dan may I just ask where did you get the idea for the eyebrows as they seem to be on since you sure my car lol looks good though mate

lol when i saw them on toneys car at JAE i thought about putting some on, and when i saw them on your car it just egged me on to do some :p

if it makes you feel any better ive taken them off now lol :p been busy fitting bonnet pins all afternoon. just need painting and riveting.

What you changing your mind on a mod soon after you've done it thats unheard of haha, how did the bonnet pins go then come on dan pictures lol

that looks awesome well done :D

what side skirts are those? they are fairly neet and subtle

yearh as above nex lol...

the pins where quite hard if i say so myself, never want to do them ever again!

they where red (brought them off nex a while back and went with the red and silver theme) but they look more pink and out of place on a black car, so painted them gloss black. but with them beeing anodised red the paint flakes off abit :S. there fitted but not rivited yet (need to pick some up) i might even buy some silver bonnet pins yet! :p

Think it through mate because we all know you're going to change your mind haha but seriously mate it soudns good mate, will have to have a proper look next week , by the way got that tiger seal so you can fit side skirts now haha.:grinning:

lol. yearh ive brought some more pins off ebay. (silver) so gonna fit them this week when they turn up..been busy fitting my carbon mirrors on some perspex base plates i bodge made until i can afford march convertiable jobbies. also used a lower spec no adjusting wing mirror interior blanking plate :)

P1010705.jpg

P1010707.jpg

P1010708.jpg

as said base plates are only temp. lol you can see the bonnet pins in the last picture.

first the matte black paint, now the GT mirrors - you've been reading my mind havent you!.
add some gloss black pinstripes down the sides and bonnet and this is alot like i'd envisiged my car would turn out like!.

looks well smart - keep up the good work.. :)

Hmmm very tempting how much you want mate? Trying to keep my outgoings low at the moment so be nice remember I took you to sheffield for that wonderful meet haha

lol i shoulve said when you came round! only got one base plate, you could buy nissan march converiable exterior mirror blanking plates (as cab mirrors are on the doors just below where the mirrors on normal ones are) and mount the carbom mirrors onto there!

make me an offer cheif :)

how much did you pay for them?
pm me with a reasonable request...inc postage (considering theyre light weight lol)

oh and anyone want a set of super-S colour coded mirrors? theyre £90 each from nissan (and i know cos i had to buy them both a year ago..)

Just an idea for ya mate.. For the black one.. Instead of having just dead holes in the bumper where the plate was.. Why not back it with something and maybe have MICRA spelled out in each hole...

Might be interesting :)

ant sorry mate, tredder gave me a text this morn about them (before i posted). i couldnt recive it as i dont get signal until i get into matlock. so to be fair he did jump in first! agian sorry matey..

made some breather piping out of clear hose pipe lol...one runns along the strut brace and vents out the drivers side wing..and the other into a red bull catch can.
P1010006.jpg

P1010004.jpg

oh also got a new battery.

done some stuff today, taken the uprated suspension off of the donor car, exhaust...had to take the front roll bar off as the centre section was sezied on, so had to unbolt it from the down pipe lol, took the windows out and a load more stuff..as my car stands:

ive replaced the rear 1/4 popouts on mine for the ones on the donor car as they as are in better condition. will replace the front side windows as mine are slightley scratched. the boot/fuel realse cable has snapped! also the boot catch has packed up! so my boot doesnt shut, so have to fit my standard fuel realse only cable and change the boot catches over agian! will re-place my broken door handle (spring is nackered, and has cracked) hopefully will get it lowered tomorrow or monday...that means i get my uprated shocks, and springs back off the other micra!

oh the silver one is hopefully getting it exhaust done tomorrow fianally! as the last one dropped off, so gonna get a standard centre section fitted and a 4" carbon fibre back box...

fitted the exhaust to the silver micra, back box doesnt sit very well tho.

also fitted a rear bench back rest with head rests..witch i belive are quite rare. pics to follow..

an oil catch can (in my case the red bull can) apprently reduces emissons..same with the other breather it vents it out the engine area...

so check my blog and the latest post i put a mini filter on it, as its not now connected to the old standard box will my emmisions rise on the test?
cheers

Back