• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

squarepants micra blog

i got it from kristian for 99p! lol its a whiteline one, i think they cost around £100 new maybe less carnt remember lol. secondhand ones come up for around 30-60quid roughly.

rear head rests :)
P1010011.jpg

and heres the mess ive made of the donor car :p slammed on bump stops and lowered 35mm + at the front with snapped lowering springs lol

P1010013.jpg

P1010014.jpg

so tempted to prefacelift mine! lol but then i will want super s bumpers and its more money :S

cheers, i love the rear head rest, makes it look so much better! the little things that make a big diffrance. lol i think the sturt brace is one of the cheapest mods on the car!

fitted this...
P1010033.jpg

P1010034.jpg

its an engine mount support bracket. its a standard nissan part for the micra.

also fitted a prefacelift micra seat belt, as it doesnt have a tensoiner like the facelift ones... that enables me to ridd of a tensoiner and ridd of the airbag and tensoiner control box...
P1010032.jpg

where the box used to sit in front of the ecu..
P1010031.jpg

ahh i see, i suppose its just to stiffen up the mount abit then a?, but knowing nissan they would probably charge an insane price for it lol

One other thing Im looking for is a short shifter which you got.. where did you get it from? do you have a link i can order one from. thanks

Call me crazy, but is that donor car chie's old car? I recognise the reg plate!

...actually I think he scrapped it and this is just coincidentially another 1.3LX in the same colour with the same last three letters! lol

sorry its an lx not a gx lol so yearh could be...it had the sills have been bodge repaired. all its brake lines are knakered, its got a new cross member on and the underside is rotten. so looks like its been truly ####ed about 2-3year ago and someones has bodged it back together, and put it back on the road....

scopez, the short shifter is a raceworx one got it from raceworx himself it was the last one as it was hidden in his loft lol...the engine mount bracket just gives it a little suport dont really know if it stiffens it, it could do a alittle tho.

omg how strange is that!

the reg on mine is m799 tgm and chies is m478 tgm..

fitted a facelift facelift 2001+ rear wiper motor and arm...also tinted some orefacelift rear lights. and finally lowered the front end with my kyb gas shocks and g-max springs :)
P1010039.jpg

P1010041.jpg

P1010042.jpg

next up is a stianless 2.5" cat back exhaust, with 4" slash cut back box and 4-branch heat wrapped janspeed manifold witch are bothing hopefully coming next week ;) oh and i need a bonnet and a front spiltter..

wiper looks good, told you it would. were you converted by mine... lol.
alloys are mint mate, my car looks so much better, and handles beter too.
any news on those lowering springs?
keep up the good work on the micra's

fitted my new exhaust...
P1010049.jpg

its a stainless steel 2.5" mandrell bend system, with a universal 4" slash cut back box..it used to have a silancer in, buts its been removed and had a mild steel 3" pipe welded in :S...its quite loud and has rasp to it. not much diffrnace over my old system tho. still need to pick up my manifold, then it will have only the back back, so should be raspy and really loud just the way i like it!

also did i spur of the moment thing and painted a spare rear veiw mirror with chrome effect paint...sadly looks nothing like chrome lol...
P1010048.jpg

nah it sounds quiter than yours :S..the back box must be filled with tones baffels, its rear heavy over my ashly one!

the exhaust is swipers old one, he made it himself on his drive...it snapped in half at the santapod in may when he was doing the strip :S then my uncle brought swipers car with it on then welded it up and removed the silancer as he said it was to quiet. he ran it with only a cat on with a janspeed manifold on, imo it was still quiet then! so hopefully with both cats removed on mine it should be louder....well i hope it will be other wise iam losing the back box!

yearh it was only a back box and a de-cat and the rest was standard. its not as loud as i would like it to be, imo i would say its quiet! but saying that ive heard cars with straight through systems with no back boxes! so whats loud to most people is quiet to me.

I thought it was Swipers old one, so in theory you should be able to have the same BHP figure as swiper did if you have similar induction kits as that was pretty much all he had on his, plus his had all the interior in it so should be quick. Good luck insuring it lol :p

IMO it's crying out for red mudflaps :D

But then aparrently I have bad taste when it comes to these things!

Looking good,

Tom

Coming along nicely []Pants, Loving the look of the matt black very nice, reminds me of that episode of Pimp My Ride when they painted a car the same colour then added some glossy red strips to set it off. Good work and I'll look for to seeing it one day.

I thought it was Swipers old one, so in theory you should be able to have the same BHP figure as swiper did if you have similar induction kits as that was pretty much all he had on his, plus his had all the interior in it so should be quick. Good luck insuring it lol :p

bhp shouldnt be far off swipers green one..he did say when he used to own mine it seemed go better than his green one with the same mods (manifold, filter and exhaust) so mine hopefully should be quicker... swiper stripped his green on out when he went down the 1/4 mile at the pod...so whatever time he posted mine shoudlnt be far off....altough iam still gonna try and beat his best time!

sammyboi off here had the induction kit.

Looks like when you past we should have a lil trip to the old pod then break both our cars haha. Yours is even more empty then his ever was though surely?

nah shaun took out his door cards, pass seat and spare wheel and jack. mine are still in as mines stripped all the time he only did it for the pod then fitted his interior back in.

altough i will remove my pass seat, spare and jack when i run. altough door cards are staying :p

swiper was trying to beat raceworx's time down the 1/4...witch was somthing like a high 16. think shaun kept getting low 17's at the most.

Thats even more extreme then I thought I thought he just took back seats out, well tell you what we'll beat them both then mate I'm thinking about doing what you told me about like taking reinforcement bars for bumer out etc (might be getting a second car so can turn micra into a project now one its fixed that is haha).

haha awsome, i might lighten mine up some more if iam gonna drag it. see what times we can put down out of NA 1300's...i want to get into the 16's will put some steelies on the rear for less drag, remove wing mirrors, and adjust front tyre presurres :p

Are we going to stay with standard internals or go balls out because Matt Humphris website keeps calling my credit card and its hard to resist.

haha iam staying standard internals why what you tempted to buy?? :p...still tonnes of work i want todo i.e 1.0 flywheel, yet to fit my janspeed manifold. and straight through no boxes drag exhaust.

altough saying standard internals FTW! i wouldnt mind some cams....

I'm looking at the gas flowed head, cams and considering a dogbox too, then obvisouly I need a full exaughst system and while I'm at it lightweight wheels and obvisouly after that I'll have to get lightweight panels, (my bank managers going to love me). lol

lol...i would love to build a micra drag car. thats used for draging only. its just a shame i need it for road use. and carnt afford to run 2 cars!

Thing is mate you won't need to run both cars the idea of a project is that you can build it at your own pace, if you're interested in doing it PM me and maybe we can sort something out.

P1010057.jpg

fitted the standard rear lights due to the smoked beeing to dark and iam growing off them, iam starting to find them abit 1995 and chavvy lol. and ive fitted my old ashly comp back box (for now) i want somthing abit diffrent, but iam unsure atm...plus i want to sort my bonnet and get my car finsihed. its not far off! got a bonnet coming around next week or so. then need a front splitter thinking a renualt espace 3" deep jobbie or a renualt megane quite small ish one...or ive got another one in mind ;)

as said smoked ones where also to dark...plus i couldnt be arsed to wire the bulb holders up. lol

i might get some 2001+ facelift facelift k11 rear lights, they dont have the orange for the indicators. and i think they give it a suitable yet standard diffrance :)

presumme you mean the one on the car? if so it could be a while yet until i change my system agian! if your still around etc when i do tho i will give you a shout :)

Back